Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Rotherham Match Thread

The City team to face Rotherham: Ruddy; Martin, Turner, Hooiveld, Olsson; Redmond, Howson, Johnson, Hoolahan; Grabban, Jerome.SUBS: Rudd (GK), Whittaker, Lafferty, Josh Murphy, Tettey, O''Neil, Odjidja.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The City team to face Rotherham: Ruddy; Martin, Turner, Hooiveld, Olsson; Redmond, Howson, Johnson, Hoolahan; Grabban, Jerome.SUBS: Rudd (GK), Whittaker, Lafferty, Josh Murphy, Tettey, O''Neil, Odjidja.[/quote]Hmm.  Not sure about this.  Tettey for me has been outstanding this season. Howson and Johnson together......has that ever worked well? 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lake district canary"]The City team to face Rotherham: Ruddy; Martin, Turner, Hooiveld, Olsson; Redmond, Howson, Johnson, Hoolahan; Grabban, Jerome.SUBS: Rudd (GK), Whittaker, Lafferty, Josh Murphy, Tettey, O''Neil, Odjidja.[/quote]Hmm.  Not sure about this.  Tettey for me has been outstanding this season. Howson and Johnson together......has that ever worked well? 

[/quote]Agree very strange to drop one of our best best players. still in neil we trust

Nothing strange about this. If How''s on comes in it''s either Johnson or Tettey that have to give way. You can make a case for both either of them IMO so it''s a flip of the coin. For me, Johnson has the better engine and has shown he can play pretty much all the time. Tettey however has a history of tiring as the gamea pile up so right to give him a breather IMO.

I do wonder though about both Howson and Hooly in a 4 man midfield. In a 5 including VOO I''d be interested to see.

I guess tho at home to Rotherham Adams thinks it''s worth the risk to play with the extra attacking flair and to have those two and the two strikers on the basis that Rotherham will sit back.

The managing and coaching staff should know best, but I would like to see Tettey and Howson can do, rather than Johnson and Howson.  For instance, where was the cover for Charlton''s goal the other night when Johnson and Howson were the midfield on the pitch?  Tettey was missed as soon as he went off.     There is a responsibility to defend that Tettey has a grasp of and the speed to cover which Johnson doesn''t have.  He also has the ability to get forward, which people sometimes don''t give him credit for.    That said, if it works today, no problemo, but there are sometimes we seem to go round in circles.......

Can see a repeat of the Charlton game happening. We don''t have the quality to break down sides which come to defend.

Good for them. Aren''t you glad you support them.Come on City. What is wrong with our home form?!

Adams got his tactics wrong again. We needed to be more patient but walked straight onto the end of another sucker punch.

[quote user="Herman "]Good for them. Aren''t you glad you support them.Come on City. What is wrong with our home form?![/quote]Hate them with a passion , but i am a realist and we are nowhere near as good as people on here are trying to make out , Neil Adams is not a proper Manager and his signings are begining to look very poor (Grabban is a waste of a shirt as well as £3 million ) .

I keep hearing how well Redmond is playing but nothing ever seems to come from it. Is he flattering to deceive?

Once he scores again he might goon a scoring run but one goal!?

I haven''t watched any games so can''t fairly assess his overall contribution but even I feel frustrated.

Come on Nathan. Make a real difference.