Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzy's Ref Watch

Phil Gibbs

At the start I thought he looks OK, made all the right decisions, looked as if he was controlling the game with a bit of authority. Their penalty looked fair and Ruddy''s yellow was correct - he didn''t deny a goalscoring opportunity.

He didn''t get hold of the time wasting until the 81st minute, and - just like Tuesday - their goalie got away with it time and time again - very poor. He commited the cardinal sin a few times - give a free kick, move the wall then turn your back on them. I can guarantee they will move forward, that''s why you are told move backwards to keep them in view at all times. Some of the Throw Ins were taken from totally the wrong position (another form of time wasting) with no punishment.

Then the key points - having rightly given them a penalty, he totally ignores the exact same offence for us. And I felt we should have had a spot kick for handball too. Poor positioning - unable to see - or slack Refereeing? you decide.

Phil Gibbs - Started off quite well then went totally down the pan 4

Time wasting is as big as an issue as diving in my opinion, if not worse.

It turns games into a farce yet referees refuse to police it until the 90th minute

Rotherhams goalkeeper was clearly wasting time from the first minute. The referee spoke to him about it during the first half, yet that was it. If he had booked him at that period, he could not do it again. Instead he wasted more and more time, yet the referee did not bat an eyelid.

Also, does the 6 second rule exist any more when the keeper has it in his hands?

No penalties today for Norwich as far as I could see, as you said unfortunately the penalty for Rotherham was the right call.

Didn''t think the ref was too bad today

[quote user="First Wazzock"]Phil Gibbs

At the start I thought he looks OK, made all the right decisions, looked as if he was controlling the game with a bit of authority. Their penalty looked fair and Ruddy''s yellow was correct - he didn''t deny a goalscoring opportunity.

He didn''t get hold of the time wasting until the 81st minute, and - just like Tuesday - their goalie got away with it time and time again - very poor. He commited the cardinal sin a few times - give a free kick, move the wall then turn your back on them. I can guarantee they will move forward, that''s why you are told move backwards to keep them in view at all times. Some of the Throw Ins were taken from totally the wrong position (another form of time wasting) with no punishment.

Then the key points - having rightly given them a penalty, he totally ignores the exact same offence for us. And I felt we should have had a spot kick for handball too. Poor positioning - unable to see - or slack Refereeing? you decide.

Phil Gibbs - Started off quite well then went totally down the pan 4[/quote]all solved by a 2 quid tin of vanishing spray, what a joke the football league is,

I thought the PL refs were poor but this bunch take it to a new level! If he deems that to be a penalty then the Murphy incident is identical yet that doesnt get given. I personally didnt think either were penalties but you expect officials to be fair and consistent at the very least.

Plus the silly little fat man blow full time before the extra 5 mins was up when we had just won a corner. He had a very poor second half the foul on murphy was just in front of me and and clear pen plus he fouled him again two min later and just waved play on