Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Man of the Match

I thought he and Johnny Howson had a massive games today. Wes was his usual in and out, spoiling good play with overdoing it far too often.I thought all of played well today but I would have given it to Redders myself.

Personally thought Johnson was rubbish today. Like he was tuesday. Getting caught in possesion, giving ball away and his shooting was woeful. Lucky to be starting ahead of Tettey in my eyes.

Have to agree Ricardo I thought Redders was our bedt player till Laffs came on, awsome 20 minutes from the big man.

I would have preferred Tettey to start ahead of Johnson but both have been solid thus far in the srason.

No way could Johnson be motm, that''s crazy. He gives the ball away too often and his shooting isn''t good enough. For me Redmond, Howson, Turner, Jerome and Hoolahan (in patches) would be my candidates for motm. Murthy and Lafferty were excellent but unfortunately weren''t on long enough.

My ratings would be

Ruddy 6. Martin 6. Hoojfelt 6. Turner 7.5 Olsson 7

Johnson 6. Howson 7.5 Grabban 6. Redmond 8. Hoolahan 6.5. Jerome. 7

Murthy 7. Lafferty 7

If they''d have given it to Turner or Howson I wouldn''t have argued.

Redmond, however, was the best player on the pitch.

Johnson wasn''t and he wasn''t even close to it.

i know football is a game of opinions but Redmond MOM????

He put in poor or average balls for every single corner or free kick and there was almost 15 of them!! He also did his sunday league slice a couple of times.

Turner was very solid at the back and Lafferty if he had been on earlier would have been a shoo in. Johnson was good apart from the shooting

Redmond was class throughout. He put a number of good crosses in and what doesn''t seem to get much recognition is that his use of the ball is really good. Really good.

Howson for me, too.

Linked the defence and attack well and was always moving into space to receive the ball.

Cleared the ball off the line for an otherwise certain Rotherham goal and also wasn''t responsible for any of our 25 "attempts" on goal, which was probably a plus of sorts.

Howson? I thought we looked weak in the centre without Tettey.

Johnson and Tettey always compliment each other as a midfield pairing. Johnson and Howson never seems to work. That''s just my opinion anyway.

Yeh this was an odd one, I rate Johnson and thought he had a howler yesterday.Martin, Howson and Olson all stood out for me yesterday.

Did Martin and Olsson stand out in a good or bad way?

Thought it was a mixed bag for both. Whittaker vs Charlton was better than Martin vs Rotherham.

My ratings would''ve been:-

Ruddy - 5

Martin - 7

Turner - 6

Hoiveld - 4

Olsson - 6

Redmond - 7

Howson - 5

Johnson - 5

Hoolahan - 7

Grabban - 5

Jerome - 6

Lafferty - 7

Murphy - 6

I disagree, Martin was strong defensively and busted a gut to overlap Redmond for 90 minutes. Much better than Whittaker against Charlton. Whittaker was the worst player on the pitch against Charlton in my opinion.

A day for ratings then. Mine would be:

Ruddy - 5

Martin - 7

Turner - 7

Hoiveld - 5

Olsson - 6

Redmond - 7

Howson - 5

Johnson - 7

Hoolahan - 6

Grabban - 5

Jerome - 6

Lafferty - 7

Murphy - 6

The only thing this thread shows is that we all see different games and our opinions of different players are coloured by our own prejudices.[:D]

[quote user="militantcanary"]i know football is a game of opinions but Redmond MOM????

He put in poor or average balls for every single corner or free kick and there was almost 15 of them!! He also did his sunday league slice a couple of times.

Turner was very solid at the back and Lafferty if he had been on earlier would have been a shoo in. Johnson was good apart from the shooting[/quote]

Totally agree re. Redmond. As an away fan (living in Norwich) I thought Turner was the best player in Yellow but our two centre halves were even better. To keep Grabban that quiet was mighty impressive and if only Redmond had taken the free kick that the equaliser came from we might have left (albeit a little unjustly) with all three points!

[quote user="STAN"]I disagree, Martin was strong defensively and busted a gut to overlap Redmond for 90 minutes. Much better than Whittaker against Charlton. Whittaker was the worst player on the pitch against Charlton in my opinion.[/quote]

"Strong defensively" what did he actually have to defend against? Rotherham didn''t offer too much and really it was quite obvious that Turner was the strongest player in defence. Though, somehow, you''ve rated Martin higher.

And what did he do going forward? He was alright in the first half but in the second half he gave the ball away several times with carelessness. In no way, shape or form did he offer any more quality than Whittaker would have. Probably less, infact.

Martin strong defensively??? The number of times we got caught out at the back and Turner had to mop up on our right. I''m not a great admirer of our centre backs, even less when Martin plays there, but Turner had a really good game Saturday.

I think Johnson must''ve had his boots on the wrong feet in the second half. His passing was terrible often leaving us in trouble and his shooting well.......

In my opinion Turner had the best all round game followed closely by Howson