Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

How many handballs..........

...do we need to get a penalty, by my reckoning that''s six now, and not one given. What do the refs have against us ?

[quote user="CANARYKING"]...do we need to get a penalty, by my reckoning that''s six now, and not one given. What do the refs have against us ?[/quote]

The ref''s aren''t in the spotlight as much in this league, they can get away with having fun with the game and trying to influence the result. They come to a big ground like ours and they want it to be all about them, they want to be part of the attraction and to get their name known. I refuse to believe our recent horrific luck with officials has been down to incompetence

This is a discussion now being heard more and more DC

It would appear that the consensus is that it is the ref wanting it to be " all about him"

The conduct of the referee of the Charlton game was politely ,, unprofessional to say the least ,, I do not remember being goaded in the Barclay in that manner by an official before ,, the odd grin maybe but hand on the charlton goal keepers shoulder ,, laughing as he looked over his shoulder at the Norwich fans !

As for you Houston ,, if you were at the games ,, you could maybe understand this thread ,, it truly has to be seen to be believed , it''s not just the handballs ,, the elbow in Ollson ''s face the push in the back of Redmond , the clear taking out of Murphy ,, Jerome being manhandled and elbowed in the face ,, and so much more ,, and that was only one game !

It''s much more than some excitable fans building a conspiracy theory ,,, and likely has more than a little to do with ego''s and the Asian betting syndicates in varying degrees .

Spot on Barclay!! And the Tranmere game was the last game I can think of officiating that bad, to the degree where I was actually suspicious about the integrity of the official/s.

lets hope that we don''t get too many more like it ! The frustration is that we have played so well in most games ,,, even if it is for 45 mins ,, that we should be clear of the pack ,, but manipulation of a result can distract the focus of a team ,, we don''t need that .

We just have to raise our game a little more I feel ,, to be better than our " bad luck " !

OTBC

Looking back over the years we never seem to get our fair share of penalties. Don''t know how many we''ve had in the last 10 years but I doubt if it averages out to more than one a season

we cant rely on decisions.

if we cannot beat teams on our own merits we will not go up. Kill teams off and handballs wont matter.