Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

move the away fans

i was in block G today right next to the away fans and they gave excellent support even if like most small clubs from up north they come full of p1ss and wanting to have it out with anyone and everyone... problem is though that the away fans are giving it large to a bunch of pensioners and familys who have bought late tickets and not getting much back, meanwhile the barclay and snake pit who think they are our haed core fans just sing stupid songs to each other and cannot even be heard by the away fans... we should give the away fans half the barclay next to the snake pit then they would get it from both sides  and it would lead to making carrow road a much more hostile place for  away teams to visit. as it is a few hundred away fans are making all the noise  every week.

[quote user="im spartacus"]i was in block G today right next to the away fans and they gave excellent support even if like most small clubs from up north they come full of p1ss and wanting to have it out with anyone and everyone... problem is though that the away fans are giving it large to a bunch of pensioners and familys who have bought late tickets and not getting much back, meanwhile the barclay and snake pit who think they are our haed core fans just sing stupid songs to each other and cannot even be heard by the away fans... we should give the away fans half the barclay next to the snake pit then they would get it from both sides  and it would lead to making carrow road a much more hostile place for  away teams to visit. as it is a few hundred away fans are making all the noise  every week.[/quote]

dont be silly

Big flaw in the OP post, each game the away team doesn''t take their allocation and our fans buy thse - the same people (like the OP) who get last minute tickets will still end up next to them. You''re only moving them - if doing that, move them down the River End to at least build more atmosphere around the ground.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="im spartacus"]i was in block G today right next to the away fans and they gave excellent support even if like most small clubs from up north they come full of p1ss and wanting to have it out with anyone and everyone... problem is though that the away fans are giving it large to a bunch of pensioners and familys who have bought late tickets and not getting much back, meanwhile the barclay and snake pit who think they are our haed core fans just sing stupid songs to each other and cannot even be heard by the away fans... we should give the away fans half the barclay next to the snake pit then they would get it from both sides  and it would lead to making carrow road a much more hostile place for  away teams to visit. as it is a few hundred away fans are making all the noise  every week.[/quote]

dont be silly[/quote]whats silly about it ? ok half the barclay  would have to relocate to the jarrold but last time i was in the barclay half of them looked ready for a saga cruise at any moment anyway.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]the one reason it will never happen is that you cant segregate the fans in the bar/concourse areas...[/quote]well there would need to be a bit of minor building work but the atmosphere would improve 10 fold.

The Jarrold was specifically designed to house the away fans, it does the job perfectly. Do you really think the club would be willing to throw money at some nothing idea? No extra revenue, no nothing. It would be a project that costs thousands, toilets, kiosks, walls segregation etc etc etc. It''s far from just banging a few breeze blocks in, job done.

Sorry but I really don''t think moving the away fans would change much.

It''s just how the modern game is in England. I''ll use the PL as an example. Man City and Everton fans were deafening inside Carrow Road, yet a trip to the Etihad or the Goodison and next to no atmosphere?

Just be thankful that Carrow Road is pretty much sold out every week, watch the football league show tonight and across the board you''ll see thousands of empty seats. Most clubs home fans struggle to muster up a half hearted clap if they score, at least Carrow Road still gets rocking when things get exciting.

yes.. because changing where the away fans have been for the past 25 years because we didnt sing in 1 game is really going to make a difference...

it must be lovely inside your head...

I can see where the OP''s coming from. The problem is our ground has been developed in piece meal fashion over the years so as it is at the moment not a lot can be done.

Of course my pet hate the City Stand (G Watling) is the main problem. A silly little stand that is our main stand.

Having said all that, it is true that away fans mostly make a lot of noise but back at heir own grounds the atmosphere more often than not is dire.

Away managers don''t just say the atmosphere at the Carra from our support is good for the fun of it.

What a load of tosh.Half the reason the Snake Pit and Barclay have competition these days is the lack of competition from the vast majority of away support.As mentioned by others, the away fans have been housed in the same place for ages. Since before the Jarrold Stand was built. I have been to games where the atmosphere is fantastic. The game with Celtic springs to mind.If you were sitting next to them then the chances are you would hear them louder. To be honest, it is clever putting them next to fans less likely to react. Historically, the South Stand, as it was prior to the Jarrold being built, tended to house folk old enough to have seen land before the stadium was built (ok that may be an exaggeration). I have memories of going as a kid with mates for £1 in the mid to late 90''s and it was like a living museum. The Jarrold is an improvement on that. Rows of thermos flasks and tartan blankets back then. An attack was coupled with a croaking old chorus of ''sit down lad'' as we''d stand up with excitement but the old folk didn''t want to dislodge their blankets and so couldn''t see. We ended up sitting on our hands so not to gesticulate at them.As things are now, it''s fine. It wouldn''t improve anything by moving them, and using the Barclay would mean home fans lose some of the best seats in the house.

It is such a flawed and ridiculous idea on so many levels:

Firstly, there is the logistical nightmare of moving season ticket holders from the Barclay. Given that many of those fans have sat in those seats since the stand was redeveloped in 1992 I think that it would be a PR nightmare for the club.

Secondly, you''d need to reconfigure the Barclay so it can hold away fans. It would also be much harder to expand or contract the away section depending on the size of the away support you are getting. That is one of the brilliant things about the Jarrold. Its design is that it allows as many home fans to see the game as possible when away followings are not particularly high.

You''ve also got the additional cost and frankly hassle of having to police and segregate the away support from two sides rather than one. That would also cost you additional capacity meaning that fewer fans were able to see the game.

And this is all predicated on the fact that you feel the atmosphere has been a little bit flat in the last 2 games.....

Whil we''re thinking off the wall, the best plan might be to reclaim that part of the South Stand, but require away fans to book pitch-facing rooms in the hotel to see the game.

I watch watford,blackburn and charlton at home this season just next to away fans.

Must say that this big roof on Jarrold make them vocal than normal and same time always make nervous some more passion home fans as result they not see whole game because police put them out.

Charlotn was very quite at field but they''re fans was arrogant enough as a result 3 home fans was ejected for nothing.

Sure club will not re locate them because Police is happy how located is this away block but I agree that this roof make them vocal and also to be too far from most passionate city fans(right to them is hotel left to them ppl like me with last moment tickets) help them too to become arrogant too much.

Happy to see 26000 every week but agree must be worked more for sing song support!

FYI the away fans were herded into the left hand side of the Barclay (when viewed from the pitch) when all the great battles took place, such as against Leeds, Manure, Arsenal and Millwall

I say "Great" because i was standing in the River End at the time, so got a good view, and at times the fighting was more entertaining than the football.

Temporary stand made out if scaffolding without a roof put in front of the hotel, that will increase attendance figures + get the visitors in a less comfortable area.

Couple of portaloos, should do it.

Charge them full whack & jobs a goodun