Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Hoolahan HAS to be taken out now

I''m not asking for Adams to come to the same conclusion Nutty just to learn his trade, he''s nowhere near the finished article and still learning his players abilities and strengths, well I hope he is...as I said as a senior engineer and owner of my own company I learn every day from the team around me and am pleased to do so.

I''m not having a go personally and when I mentioned you it was toungue in cheek. I respect you valued views even though we don''t see things in the same way.

I don''t take oofence from your post and my initial post might read like I want him to agree with my view I know I as others only have an opinion.

Mine is pro Adams and Wes but in the right place against the teams where he will have most impact.

The beauty of a big squad is there are strebgths in all departments all eager to give their all.

It''s still early days and as other relegated teams have shown it''s not easy to get put of a slump...so the sooner we get that win the better. IMO.

Actually thought Hoolahan had a pretty good game yesterday. He''s never had much stamina, though, and at the nearly veteran stage is generally worth subbing on the hour.

So on that I thought Adams got it right.

Whereas Grabban has for me now had 4 pretty poor games in a row and would me my candidate for dropping. Works hard and is fast, but his touch recently has often been poor and his finishing woeful.

Howson played very well, my man of the match, was always available for a pass and brought the ball out of defence much faster than Johnson and Tettey generally do.

Unless and until Hooper is match fit I''d be looking to play Jerome on his own up front, with Wes in the hole, and Howson and Tettey as the defensive midfielders.

Redmond has to start based on his performances. Constantly beats his man, though his final ball isn''t there yet.

Murphy is a very handy winger to have coming off the bench, but don''t see him having the stamina or defensive capabilities to start.

So the rest of the midfield would be Redmond with, in the absence of any alternative, Lafferty on the left. Lafferty is not ideal for that position, but I don''t who else you put in or take out to strengthen the side right now.

Maybe all will become clear when Vadis is up and running.

Am I the only one who reads Adams two press reports on the pinkun and thinks:

Why drop Tettey and keep Wes to play Howson....when he said that Howsin was played to drive the team forward, would it not have been better to have dropped Wes?

Also like the fact Adams see''s it at points lost and not a couple points won....that instills even more confidence in him as a manager.

We all have opinions on who should have been the manager but if he continues to grow by learning from these games then I''m sure we will be up there.

[quote user="Indy"]Am I the only one who reads Adams two press reports on the pinkun and thinks:

Why drop Tettey and keep Wes to play Howson....when he said that Howsin was played to drive the team forward, would it not have been better to have dropped Wes?

Also like the fact Adams see''s it at points lost and not a couple points won....that instills even more confidence in him as a manager.

We all have opinions on who should have been the manager but if he continues to grow by learning from these games then I''m sure we will be up there.[/quote]

Ignoring for a moment VOO who may change things if he ever gets to set foot on the pitch I think our best midfield will see Wes playing in front of Howson and Tettey. Tettey holding, Howson playing alongside him but with licence to burst forward and Wes floating about.

I have no problem with Adams dropping a holding/more defensive midfielder to accommodate Howson but would suggest the biggest lesson he needs to learn quickly is who his best holding/sitting midfielder is.

By way of a clue i''d suggest its the one who didn''t start at Wolves where we never got a grip of the midfield and lost, who went off shortly before Charlton broke forward and scored on Tuesday and who again was missing on Saturday for another of our most disappointing results of the season.

Agree with Jim, the thing that annoyed me about Neyul''s presser was that he purposefully said that he chose BJ instead of Tettey because he drives forward more. Yet this isn''t what we need as we already have, howson, wes, redmond, grabban and jerome in the team; what we need is someone to scoop up any loose balls and play it simple to our attacking players. There''s no need for BJ to get forward and try to do passes that he can''t do whilst leaving our defence horribly exposed to the counter attack. Although we''ve had a very good start, Adams needs to use his head a bit more and play the percentages imo; we shouldn''t be leaving it to chance.