Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Hoolahan HAS to be taken out now

Away teams have clearly realised our weakness, that is we only play with one winger to accommodate Wes who is NOT a winger and neither is Lafferty or Jerome.

Adams surely now has to take Wes out, bring Tettey back into the starting 11 and move Howson forward. To add the much needed width to our play, when trying to attack against teams who are sitting deep, we should drop the misfiring Grabban for Josh Murphy, thus also allowing Jerome to play in a more central role.

dear god that team sounds horrible.

Thought wes was good in the first half. Howson played quite well, don''t know how BJ got man of the match- how did that happen? Lafferty was good when he came on.

BJ I thought looked very average and thought Hooiveld had another bad game.

Most of all though I blame Adams for this, he didn''t learn from the Charlton game; we don''t need to take chances, we have the quality to beat teams so don''t need to stick our whole midfield up the pitch. Wish we had started with Tettey and Howson, but reports are saying that Tettey was injured.

Wes is excellent on his day, but does seem to need to be ''accommodated'' in the side either at the expense of a striker or weakening the midfield. It is a conundrum that all managers have had and not an easy one to answer.

if we are going to play 442 then we need to play two wingers, redmond is improving every game and murphy deserves to start

hoolahan is a square peg in a round hole and again it unbalances the team because he wanders into the middle of the park, this pulls the centre mids out of position when we dont have the ball and also makes olssons job harderwes is a great player in the hole and he looked good for today, but we are better with two strikers and it means they need to be supplied from out wide, we spent the last two seasons playing players out of position and its time to put out a team with players in their preferred positions. Barcelona wouldnt play messi at centre back

its pretty simple, either change the formation or drop him, personally id stick with 442 and drop him

What has Hoolahan actually done to warrant a place?

All of our goals recently have come in the 2nd half, the vast majority AFTER Hoolahan has been taken off. At the minute it unbalances the team by having no LM, plus makes it easy to defend against as teams can be even more compact as we have little down 1 wing

The only argument people seem to have is that he is our best player, but how can he be when he is involved in so few goals?

So many people saying Murphy needs to start. Did you see his defending when he came on?

I understand we were going for it but we were playing three at the back and Murphy was not supporting Olsson at all. Has been the same story when he''s come on in previous games. Yes he offers pace going forward but he really needs to work on tracking back and supporting the defence before becoming a starter.

I do think BJ was MoM ,, he was all over the place as usual ,, nice passing just a couple of poor shots .

How you could think that BJ was poor and Hoiveld had a bad game ? Probably because you watched it on the radio Miggins ?

We need to drop Wes for Howson in that role and drop Grabban and start with Lafferty on the wing Jerome in the middle ,,, he is the only one who even looks like he could score at the moment !

It''s unfair to blame Hoolahan when the result was down to Adams making a tactical blunder. We''re going at 100mph against a team that''s playing rope-a-dope, punch ourselves out and then get hit on the counter. You might get away with it at youth level, but Adams needs to learn that you don''t need to go full pelt that early or for such long periods. Instead we need to be a bit cannier and win these sorts of games 1-0 or 2-0.

"Probably because you watched it on the radio Miggins ?"

------------

No

I''d actually direct the same about you, I thought BJ was average today. Personally would like to see Howson and Tettey

I would drop Grabban and play Wes behind Jerome with Redmond and Murphy out wide. Four managers have tried and failed to get the best from Wes on the left.

I was at the game and thought BJ was utterly crap. For every good pass he hits he sends half a dozen in the wrong direction. If he shoots again, he needs shooting himself.

I kinda hope Tettey was injured, because I love Adams, but starting BJ when Tettey is fit and available is right down there with Gary Doherty in centre-mid in the league table of stupid decisions by a Norwich manager.

i agree that we should play 2 out and out wingers at home.....but the ridiculous thing is we let the player go in the summer who should be playing on the left wing in Pilkington because he wasnt going to play in the system we started the season with!!

I have to agree Wes slows the game down.

We play a far more expansive game allowing us to use the entire pitch when Wes goes off.

Everything is so narrow and slow with him on the pitch, crowded at times.

Wes is great when we play with one striker and him sitting in the hole. There is a time and place for different systems andplayers to be used and thats why Adams is being paid big bucks to sort this out.

I believe he will become a legend of a manager but he needs time to learn.

Sorry but I can''t see the big thing about Howson Overrated

As for hoolahan he''s pretty good against Estonia when playing for Ireland enough said about that

[quote user="Indy"]I have to agree Wes slows the game down.

We play a far more expansive game allowing us to use the entire pitch when Wes goes off.

Everything is so narrow and slow with him on the pitch, crowded at times.

Wes is great when we play with one striker and him sitting in the hole. There is a time and place for different systems andplayers to be used and thats why Adams is being paid big bucks to sort this out.

I believe he will become a legend of a manager but he needs time to learn.[/quote]

LOL Indy. Maybe you could take over while he''s still learing the trade.....

[;)]

So you think he knows it all then Nutty.....thats good. I pleased to say 30 years in engineering and I still learn new things everyday but I''m glad there are peopke who know it all.

No Indy. But I think he knows more than me. I''m happy to put up my opinions on here but wouldn''t dream to even suggest Adams could learn from them...

[;)]

Where have I suggested I could teach him anything nutty? He does need to learn this is his first senior appointment and only three months experience...sometime you try too hard to take the pi55.

But hey ho there are a few above us mear mortals.

Just because I post in a light hearted manner don''t assume I''m taking the pi55 Indy. I''m serious. It''s one thing to have opinions, and we''ve all got them, but quite another to suggest we know best.

Where have I said I know best? I said he needz to learn his squad and his best line ups for each game.....is that not what a manager does? He''s new to tjis and nees time so my opinion is ok to be ridiculled?

Thanks.

Bottom line is Indy.. The idea that us bods on here know that you can''t play Wes anywhere but in this so called hole and someone who has probably watched more Wes games than anyone else has to learn the lesson that we have somehow learned is arrogant in the extreme.

No it''s not, it''s an opinion nutty and we''ve all seen enough ofWes to make this shout. Hell I bet even Adams of old on Canary call probably said the same when Wes was played on the wing.

This season it''s noticable that we play beyter more attacking football at home and score more goals when Wes is off the pitch. Not rocket science and with this in mind Iform the opinion and question why Adams carries on catering to Wes as a starter? I pay my money and think I am entitled to this little opinion.

We are all different people and you & I differ.

Don''t agree with Hoolahan being dropped, think he played well today when he moved inside behind strikers. Adams needs to realise that playing Hoolahan on the wing is like playing with 10 men, the team is so unbalanced.

If anyone needs to be dropped its Grabban as he''s not offering anything to the team as he''s brushed off the ball far to easily. He''s not clinical enough in front of goal and people might think it''s strange what I''ve just said but he should be on double the goal tally he has.

[quote user="JF"]I would drop Grabban and play Wes behind Jerome with Redmond and Murphy out wide. Four managers have tried and failed to get the best from Wes on the left.[/quote]

Exactly what I propose too.

Wes is only useful in a diamond system, or a 4-5-1 with Wes in the hole.

4-4-2 only works if we got decent wingers who can provide the crossing.

Murphy or Lafferty must start in a 4-4-2, and I prefer Murphy, as Lafferty is not a real winger either.

Grabban needs a rest now. Got far too much credit for his early goal exploits, while his overall performance was never that good. A passenger today.

Jerome as a lone striker in a 4-5-1 vs Fulham, and Grabban to come on in the second half.

Hooper need to get fit quickly. We are dropping points at an alarming rate. Should have been 4 points clear now, at least.

Lol Indy. If Adams new better when he was on Canary Call maybe we should get Rob Butler in :)

Tuesday night I thought Wes was head and shoulders MOM. I didn''t notice the team unbalanced and he defended extremely well too. Today he found it more difficult and tired. That''s my opinion. I wouldn''t dream of adding that I thought Adams has a lot to learn.

Wes has looked good for most of the last two games. The problem is playing him on the left. It''s not his best position and leaves us a bit exposed when teams break. If we are to play Wes (and I think most of the time we should) then we should revert to the 4-2-3-1 system and play him in the middle of the 3. This would necessitate either dropping Grabban or moving him out wide, neither of which I would be too worried about.

My biggest concerns at present are Adams persisting with the cumbersome Hoiveld/turner partnership ( they are too similar and get undone by basic balls over the top) and the feeling I get that Adams regards Johnson as ahead of Tettey in the pecking order. Tettey is our best midfielder and should always play if fit. He is the one who gives us the platform to control games and shields the back 4. Johnson and Howson as a combo never have done this and never will. I therefore really hope that Tettey was being rested today due to a slight knock because if not I have to question Adams judgment with that selection.