Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 9

Excellent picks all round and a potentially sizeable return. Good luck everyone. Bring it on!

EAST FIFE v Threave Rovers - HOME WIN in the Scottish CupCity bet - HT Draw, FT City.Good luck all, especially Helen & Killie!Leedscanary

Liverpoo to beat west brom for me please.And for the ncfc bet - Nathan Redmond to score at any time.Lwcus iawn. pawb

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="vindo"]Norwich win for me this week please - I asked one of my dogs the other night if Rotherham were going to win this week and she simply looked at me quizzically. However, when I asked her if Norwich were going to win she wagged her tail and barked three times.

Which was a bit awkward in some ways, as she has a very loud bark and that made the landlord jump and drop a tray load of pint glasses. So he chucked us both out in a strop.

Anyway, going with the improbable premise that I have a dog with more credibility than Doris Stokes, for the Norwich bet I''d suggest a three nil win.

Good luck jellytot and Killie, and of course all pups.[/quote]

Believe vinto - I am on my best run ever thanks to my dog walks[/quote]

Cheers for the support Drinks, although I''m annoyed to report that the loud dog crept up on me in the kitchen tonight whilst I was serving up a filthy hot home made vindaloo and barked right behind me (for no reason whatsoever) - blooming curry up the bl00dy walls, ceiling and everywhere.

I reckon that was probably a sign for something. Doris Stokes might have said its a sign that I''ll soon be redecorating. I wonder if it might be sign that a call to the dogs trust might be in order.

(Just kidding)

I''m ridiculously late ~ so sorry.

But with my record over the past couple of weeks, it''s probably not a bad thing!

I''m being extra positive, I''ve a different pick to Nutty Nigel and I''m hoping there''s no heavy rain in Holland! [;)]

I''m going for a home win for PSV v. Excelsior.

Good Luck, Jellytot and Killie!

Unlucky all round today. You''ll get your winning week next season Jellytot. As with Killie, I thought we''d score at least 2 in the second half, your day will come buddy. Weeks like this remind us that we will always lose more times than we win. I back this great team of PUPs to bounce back very soon.

Sorry I totally missed last week and this week I''m late on parade. For the purpose of the league can I go for SEVILLA to beat Deportivo.

Hard Luck Jellytot and Killie. With a bit of luck I''ll get my pick for next week in on time!.

A late entry for me Borussia Monchengladbach vs Mainz 05 - Home win.

The stats just show how hard this week was. I''m well chuffed to report that 54 selected on the thread which is the most for a long time[Y] But it was tough and only 26 of those had winning selections (48%). Between us 36 different outcomes were suggested of which 17 were right (47%). Jellytot got 3/6 50% which was better than our team did as a whole. We''ll come back to form soon and will be winning again shortly.

Despite the difficult week we still have six PUPs with 100% records in our league. Our league table is probably still the best form guide on the internet[:)] Here''s the updated one showing those PUPs with at least 50% correct from at least half the available weeks : -

PUP Wins Picks Win% Profitability
Splutcho 9 9 100% 3.83
Mr Angry 9 9 100% 3.73
Purple Canary 9 9 100% 2.94
Til1010 9 9 100% 2.65
Trent Canary 9 9 100% 2.39
Diesel Doris 8 8 100% 4.23
Chellecity 8 9 89% 2.15
CD Mullins 8 9 89% 1.77
Yellowfuture 7 8 88% 2.18
Feedthewolf 7 8 88% 1.70
Killiecanary 6 7 86% 3.28
Lappinitup 7 9 78% 5.57
Inchy 7 9 78% 2.24
Herman 7 9 78% 2.03
Gravycanaries 7 9 78% 1.36
Hector Brockelbank 7 9 78% 0.35
Leedscanary 7 9 78% -0.11
Bor Bor Bor 6 8 75% 2.00
Kathy 6 8 75% 0.89
Lake District Canary 5 7 71% 3.08
Gregt 6 9 67% 2.33
Mandie Moo 6 9 67% 0.53
GMF 6 9 67% 0.15
jb 6 9 67% -0.21
AJ 6 9 67% -0.24
Statto28 6 9 67% -0.43
Vindo 6 9 67% -0.75
Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat 5 8 63% 0.71
NWC 5 8 63% -0.76
Twidio 4 7 57% -0.42
The Great Drinkell 5 9 56% 1.18
Parma ham''s gone mouldy 5 9 56% 0.04
Gingerpele 5 9 56% -0.01
Jellytot 5 9 56% -0.29
Graham Humphrey 5 9 56% -0.39
Norfolkchance1 5 9 56% -1.44
Mr Apples 5 9 56% -1.57
Yankee 5 9 56% -1.57
Swindoncanary 5 9 56% -2.01
Cosmic Twin 5 9 56% -2.41
Newcastle uni canary 4 8 50% 0.15
Javier''s Deaf Translator 4 8 50% -1.37
Stewfil 3 6 50% -0.68

Excellent stats nutty - as a matter of interest, how much would have been raised if the top 6 pickers'' picks had been picked each week I wonder ? Seems that picking the 80% + pickers is probably a decent low risk strategy.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Excellent stats nutty - as a matter of interest, how much would have been raised if the top 6 pickers'' picks had been picked each week I wonder ? Seems that picking the 80% + pickers is probably a decent low risk strategy.[/quote]

I can''t answer that without delving back Blah, I''ll just say that there isn''t always six different selections between them. What I can do is share a couple of memories with you. Firstly the visionary Arrdee who saw the use of our PUPs league when I first suggested it. I said I''d do it to add a bit of fun for added interest. But Ray immediately saw how the threads could really benefit. Ray said the PUPs league was a fantastic idea because it would appeal to competetive natures and in turn help focus the top PUPs each week. I soon saw what he meant by that as those at the top of the league kept finding winning selections to keep them there. We all have busier weeks where we don''t have time to research thoroughly but Ray knew that the PUPs at the top of the league would find that extra time because of their competitive natures. This in turn made life a lot easier for for the PUPs in the weekly hot seat.

The second one was when Lapp had his winning week. He remembered that I''d commented on a PUP who''d picked 10 consecutive away wins. So he asked me who it was and I told him it was our great friend Norfolkchance1. So Lapp included his away selection in the final six, which if I remember correctly was Spurs. They won which helped make his win better because, as we know, aways are more difficult to pick and this is reflected in the odds.

This season our league is taking shape. We have the ever reliable Trent unbeaten with Tilly and Purple who are usually up around the top. But we have three new faces up there challenging them. Splutcho, Mr Angry and Diesel Doris. The striking thing which is well worth commenting is that these six seem to be looking for a different selection and last week there were six different selections. It''s early days yet so I''m watching with interest to see how it all unfolds as the season goes on. But what is most certainly true is that the selections from our top PUPs is a great starting point for most strategies as the PUPs compile their six. This season we have an added profitability column which is also another tool. For instance Lapp is on 7/9 but has the highest profitability of all PUPs. Again this is early days but if we were looking for a better odds selection to go with some short priced ones the profibility column would be a good guide.

I''m hardly in a position to give advice as my terrible league record testifies. But sometimes I do get asked and I always give the same answer. "Trust the PUPs".

I would say while those of us at the top have done pretty well to guess all correct thus far, sometimes it comes at the expense of decent odds, so it''s still important to have those that aren''t necessarily always right, but go for longer odds and more money. Makes it more exciting and probably more profitable in my humble opinion.

I agree Splutcho. Which is the point I was trying to make. What we can all do is stick to our methods. That way a picture is built. I highlighted Lapp''s profitability but there are others and when I see a pattern I try and point it out. Like with the ten consecutive winning away picks. It''s not all about you guys at the top. Our own stats are really informative throughout the league.

In week 1 I said I would try and pick some unusual games. I''ve since decided that I will in fact try to pick matches from 40 different countries throughout the season. I might be struggling a bit towards the end though!

Cheers nutty and splutter for replies. With a similar record to yours nutty, I am seriously impressed with the records at the top of the chart. Long may it continue.