Sign in to follow this  
Newton

3 Points from last 4 Home games - This is why ?

There are 2 reasons why we have accumalated so few points from the last 4 homes games

Ruddy has made 3 terrible mistakes, Birmingham first goal spun out of his handsl, should have saved Charlton shot and today gave away a penalty

These errors have cost us dearly and that is why he has justifiably been left out of the Englasnd squad

Hoolahan must have a love fest with Adams, his end product over these 4 games has been appauling and of course he never looks like scoring

Adams needs to stick with Ruddyfor the moment, but over the next 2 weeks he needs to work out how he can rota this quality squad and put out a team with a winning formation with Wes on the bench - he can no longer justify him starting

But then, is Wes under the same protective umberella as Rus Martin & Bradley Johnson.

Why on earth was Whitaker dropped (our best fullback) to accomodate Martin & carthorse Hoovield

NEIL PROMOTION IS IN YOUR HANDS DONT THROW IT AWAY

We win as a team and we lose as a team, I do not agree with singling players out. I think we have played OK the last two home games, today the ball just would not go in, and Neil Adams showed he is prepared to go for it, so all in in all there are more reasons to be happy rather than dwelling on the negative.....

Watching todays game i was thinking Ruddy hasnt looked the same since Dave Watson left.

Must admit im not overly impressed with Hooiveld, would like to see what Miquel has to offer.

Hoolahan should only play if we play 4231 in that role behind the striker.

Johnson was lucky to start ahead of Tettey, would like to see how Odjidi does in that position.

There are a number of reasons in order of importance

1) The referees, the one on Tuesday was corrupt

and the one today did not favour us ie Murphy non penalty

2) A couple of players have made individual mistakes, Ruddy had had sod all to do in 2 matches and hasn''t done it well,, Redmond who had what 10 corners and 5 free kicks and didn''t land it once today.

3) Bad luck, ie the shot that tricked onto the post today

4) Poor formations ie the very odd playing of Wes on the wing though he did drift inside, he slows our attacks for me.

i think it is harsh to criticise the keeper, he has made saves that have won games.. could just as easily blame the defence for forcing ruddy to go 1 on 1 and give away a penalty..

its probably better to look at it as a point saved, we cant win 46 games and we are still top of the league.

Hi all. I don’t post much (slow typer) but have to come to Ruddy’s defence. A pen and 2 deflections conceded don’t mean he is to blame – does it? . In particular the Brum 1st goal was right in front of me. He was going the right way till the ball was deflected. Even then he managed to change direction and get hands to the ball. A spinning wet ball. Another game and it would have stuck in his hands, go the other side of the post or stay within reach for him to have a second grab. I don’t see this is a reason for blame any more than a striker missing if under pressure or slipping as he takes a shot.

Disappointing home results but recently but performance and effort encouraging for the rest of a long season.

Very poor finishing and we still haven''t fixed the last few years problem of being very easy to hit on the break. Our current front 4 just don''t score enough for how many chances we create. Hopefully Howson and Hooper coming back might fix this

[quote user="Newton"]There are 2 reasons why we have accumalated so few points from the last 4 homes games Ruddy has made 3 terrible mistakes, Birmingham first goal spun out of his handsl, should have saved Charlton shot and today gave away a penalty These errors have cost us dearly and that is why he has justifiably been left out of the Englasnd squad Hoolahan must have a love fest with Adams, his end product over these 4 games has been appauling and of course he never looks like scoring Adams needs to stick with Ruddyfor the moment, but over the next 2 weeks he needs to work out how he can rota this quality squad and put out a team with a winning formation with Wes on the bench - he can no longer justify him starting But then, is Wes under the same protective umberella as Rus Martin & Bradley Johnson. Why on earth was Whitaker dropped (our best fullback) to accomodate Martin & carthorse Hoovield NEIL PROMOTION IS IN YOUR HANDS DONT THROW IT AWAY[/quote]

Adams Out!!

Most of the blame comes with not putting our chances away imo. Ruddy isn''t infallible but he''s won us far more points than he''s lost. I''d be tempted by Miquel next game. You don''t spend £1.5m on a defender for him to sit around twiddling his thumbs. It''d be good to see him before Ry Ben is back to see if he can challenge for that spot permanently.

Wes seems to either be amazing or rubbish and for now i''ve lost my patience with him. Time for Howson to get the nod there. I''d then have the Tettey, Johnson partnership restored with Vadis pushing Johnson for a start. The front three would be Redmond, Grabban and Jerome. I don''t think that should change for now. I''m tempted to put Murphy or Lafferty in.

Yes, the defence, including the keeper, have made mistakes, and yes, referees have been blind and we have been unlucky over the past few games(-although we had some luck earlier in the season).

Surely, however, the real fault is that we created so many chances and got so few on goal - frequently about one in five or six. NA said as much, that our general play has been good but we have not hurt teams when it comes to scoring.

What he does about this will be an interesting thing.

We failed to strengthen the midfield and get the team playing a technical passing game. In the last match we frequently relied on long balls up front and crosses into a packed penalty area in preference to playing the defence splitting pass. We''re weak on mid to long range shooting, passing any sort of distance on the floor and offensive off-the-ball movement. Hence we have to rely on banging the door down rather than unlocking it.

why not rotate the midfield and formation we have strength in depth and 4 4 2 with Hoolahan pl,aying left wing does not work

Lets go back to 4 2 3 1 away with Hoolahan behind Jerone & Grabbam & Redmond wide

Come on Neil mix it up

Still top of the league while having two games where we should have buried chances.

When things go our way at home, we will be better for it.

I can see things turning around, harder games away from home grabbing fewer points but suddenly getting more at home. Swings and roundabouts but we are at the right end of the league at the moment with a hiccup, why moan about it now? Yep, we could have been 5 points clear but that''s football!!!! Live with it, it''s been kicking around for how many years now? No divine right for any team in the history of Newton!