Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Is Adams being 'found out'

We might have scored these amount of goals already but now Adams has been found out I think our defensive frailties will be shown

We don''t have bad defenders Adams just doesn''t have a clue how to set his team up defensively, that might work in youth football but we''ll come up short this season

I think the biggest problem we have is complacency. It''s a difficult one to solve, when your players have demonstrated they have the ability to crush any team in this division. Don''t misunderstand me - no player goes out there consciously thinking they''re the dog''s whatnots, but when it rapidly becomes apparent that you have the beating of the opposition, the effort inevitably eases off a bit. Then, suddenly, you''re in trouble.

Motivating the players, keeping them hungry, that''s Adams'' biggest challenge. His success, or not, at doing so will decide judgement on him.

Completely agree there

Nice to hear some friendly debate other than the usual baiting with ''binned'' remarks

Shows class

[quote user="Yobocop"]Completely agree there

Nice to hear some friendly debate other than the usual baiting with ''binned'' remarks

Shows class[/quote]Perhaps if you hadn''t started such a stupid, knee jerk thread you wouldn''t have been ridiculed?

Not sure it was knee jerk at all morty, it was a genuine question based on giving teams 2 goal leads and a cup loss v a league 2 side

So it''s gone from ''is Adams being found out'' at 1.05 yesterday to ''now Adams has been found out at 21.24 yesterday. Not sure what helped make up your mind in 20 hours?

[quote user="Yobocop"]Not sure it was knee jerk at all morty, it was a genuine question based on giving teams 2 goal leads and a cup loss v a league 2 side[/quote]We''ll agree to disagree.

Have you always been a fully payed up member of the NCFC knee jerker society (formerly known as pant wetters) yobo or are you a new member?

The race to be the first to predict the downfall of the club is on? Who will be proved right first! Only time will tell

What a load of b0llocks!

Need a win this weekend , 4 points dropped at home to Bournemouth and a very weak Birmingham side is not great at all , in fact Ipswich have gained more home points than us and we beat them there so clearly there is room for improvement .We have paid £3-4 million supposedly for Voo and he isnt getting game time and pulled off early against Shrewsbury where McGrandles wasnt even seen as good enough to start , Lafferty looks poor and Grabban has lost what form he did have .IMO i would still have preferred Lennon in charge .

True - if we don''t win at the weekend we''re as good as relegated.

Boss Drum, what you said about the gorgeous girl, we need to be much more sophisticated than that - more like this famously elegant approach from a British manager:

"To put it in gentleman''s terms if you''ve been out for a night and you''re looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they''re good looking and some weeks they''re not the best. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She wasn''t the best looking lady we ended up taking home but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let''s have a coffee"

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Need a win this weekend , 4 points dropped at home to Bournemouth and a very weak Birmingham side is not great at all,[/quote]Bournemouth - a very good Championship side that know this league inside out. Birmingham are not that weak. Where they are weak is scoring goals, but if  you can be defensively resolute it can take you fairly far at this level. Iwan was our top scorer for several seasons, but it only ever took us anywhere near the play-off''s when we conceded less.[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]in fact Ipswich have gained more home points than us and we beat them there so clearly there is room for improvement .[/quote]There is always room for improvement, whether if it is in individual performances or team performances or overall squad ability - they can all be improved. Lets also not forget that the season is still young. There is a long way to go, we have barely seen enough of this season to know which teams are going to be consistent or not.[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]We have paid £3-4 million supposedly for Voo and he isnt getting game time and pulled off early against Shrewsbury[/quote]New to English football, didn''t take part in our pre-season programe and arrived at the club when league games had already been played. No matter how much they cost, you don''t just drop a player that may be performing because someone cost more. The player not in the side has to train well and push hard for a start, take advantage of a suspension, drop of form or injury in another player. Any other way and you encourage the wrong sorts of attitudes in the squad.[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]where McGrandles wasn''t even seen as good enough to start[/quote]Young McGrandles is 19. Again he hasn''t played in the English leagues yet and was not involved in preseason at all. He was also bought with the likes of Adams and Holt saying he would be one for the future. I suspect we will see more of him as the season goes on, but I am not overly surprised that he didn''t start the league cup game ahead of Murphy or E.Bennett.[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"] Lafferty looks poor [/quote]After one poor result? He wasn''t poor a couple of games ago before the international break . . . . . [quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"] and Grabban has lost what form he did have .[/quote]You are right, Grabban, if you happen to be reading this, pluck up your ideas you slacker, five goals in eight appearances (of which five were wins) clearly isn''t good enough! Alright son?!!![quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]IMO i would still have preferred Lennon in charge .[/quote]Why do I suspect that every time we don''t win we will hear this line rolled out over and over again?

Seems an appropriate time to reignite this discussion

No win in 4 matches including 1 point from 9 at home, teams have come to carrow road to counter attack us and pick us off from very shoddy set plays.

Our full backs cannot get forward and teams have found a way to handle Adams novice approach.

I have a lot of respect for Adams as both a player and radio pundit, however it was clear from day one he would not be up to the task. Despite some positive results we have never looked convincing this season.

Now instead of being churlish perhaps some of you can come back with reasoned debate as to why I am wrong and how Adams is going to prove me wrong and turn this around?

[quote user="Yobocop"]Seems an appropriate time to reignite this discussion

No win in 4 matches including 1 point from 9 at home, teams have come to carrow road to counter attack us and pick us off from very shoddy set plays.

Our full backs cannot get forward and teams have found a way to handle Adams novice approach.

I have a lot of respect for Adams as both a player and radio pundit, however it was clear from day one he would not be up to the task. Despite some positive results we have never looked convincing this season.

Now instead of being churlish perhaps some of you can come back with reasoned debate as to why I am wrong and how Adams is going to prove me wrong and turn this around?[/quote]Not disagreeing with what you say, but just about every manager since Mike Walker left for Everton have said that they want to play passing football. Even Hughton said this, but nobody has come close to playing in the same way as we did under Stringer and Walker (except possibly Walker himself in his second spell). In other words standards have slipped and the club has lost that part of its identity for which it was once famous.We simply can''t or won''t hire a manager who is committed to playing a technical passing game. If you say the football is poor some fans on here don''t seem to have a

clue about what you''re getting at as they consider the football is

exciting or somesuch. The board seems to be similarly blind to the clubs heritage.When the manager changes everyone gets excited, but we never end up getting back to where we were in a technical footballing sense. Saying Adams or Hoofton needs to be sacked is the easy bit. We seem content to see managers come and go, enjoying brief periods of success such as promotion, but we never end up building upon these successes because the club lacks a footballing knowledge and culture.

In which case something drastic needs to happen at board level.

As it stands we''ll end up in league one again before long

Whether Adams is being found out will unfold as the season progresses. What is odd is that many supporters can see Martin is not a centre back and that Murphy is not ready to start games but Adams has stated that he will continue to attack. My take is that midfield is our problem when we play Redmond and Murphy our midfield seems to get overrun yet we have the experienced ONeil and others sitting on the bench. I see little point of attacking wingers if the final ball is of low quality or that there is so many defenders that our forwards stand no chance of getting the ball.

[quote user="1touch"][quote user="Yobocop"]Seems an appropriate time to reignite this discussion

Now instead of being churlish perhaps some of you can come back with reasoned debate as to why I am wrong and how Adams is going to prove me wrong and turn this around?[/quote]Not disagreeing with what you say, but just about every manager since Mike Walker left for Everton have said that they want to play passing football. Even Hughton said this, but nobody has come close to playing in the same way as we did under Stringer and Walker (except possibly Walker himself in his second spell). In other words standards have slipped and the club has lost that part of its identity for which it was once famous.We simply can''t or won''t hire a manager who is committed to playing a technical passing game. If you say the football is poor some fans on here don''t seem to have a

clue about what you''re getting at as they consider the football is

exciting or somesuch. The board seems to be similarly blind to the clubs heritage.When the manager changes everyone gets excited, but we never end up getting back to where we were in a technical footballing sense. Saying Adams or Hoofton needs to be sacked is the easy bit. We seem content to see managers come and go, enjoying brief periods of success such as promotion, but we never end up building upon these successes because the club lacks a footballing knowledge and culture.[/quote]The logic of that is that we should never have appointed Saunders or Worthington or Lambert, on the basis that they weren''t committed to "a technical passing game" (whatever you mean by that) and the last-named certainly wasn''t going to hang around that long anyway to build a dynasty. The upshot would be that you end up threatening the chance of success for some dream of pretty football. The "best" football I have seen Norwich City play was under Stringer, and that with the most attacking flair under Bond, but neither was the most successful. And neither left a dynasty behind.

[quote user="Buh"]Robo-binner, we get it. You posted this at 1am because you saw the score and had a little ex-pat paddy about it. Bless.[/quote]

Sorry to quote you buh couldve quoted anyone on the first page but just wondered what the general consensus was now?

I didn’t want to post at the time for fear of ridicule, but

even when we were top of the league I was concerned about the tactical naivety

we displayed. Bournemouth looked an excellent team with a sound footballing

philosophy when they came to FCR, and after that match I said in the pub that I

was still concerned about our defensive weaknesses and inability to dominate

matches.

As our form has ebbed away we’ve shown very little ability

to halt the slide, and in reality we are now being sucked down into mid-table

obscurity. I’m not suggesting that we should look at sacking Adams now, but I

am becoming increasingly concerned. With the squad we have, we should not be

where we are – admittedly we are still above Fulham and Cardiff, but both have

made a change and both are improving as a result. The jury is still out, but if we

fail to win against either Forest or Brighton then the question may need to be

asked as to whether Adams is the right man to take us back up.

Genuine question to those of you who are still totally

behind Adams: do you genuinely believe that we can finish in the top two this

season under his stewardship?

Yep

Then again I''m not the kind of knob that is thinking how sh.it we are when we are top of the table. Just imagine being that guy!

...oh

[quote user="Buh"]Yep

Then again I''m not the kind of knob that is thinking how sh.it we are when we are top of the table. Just imagine being that guy!

...oh[/quote]Your argument seems a little facile, if you don''t mind my saying so.

Is it ''Adams found out'' or ''Norwich found out''?

Teams sit back (maybe park the bus), let us play around the middle of the pitch knowing we always make a disastrous mistake then bang, counter attack against a slow weak defense and goal!!

It''s such a familiar tale, we huff and puff but we can''t blow their house down!