[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]1 up at forest. Like it or not I think they are going to be in the promotion race.[/quote]

You have a strange way of looking at life Lincoln. I know Norwich is your team but far too often your posts convey a negative slant regarding your own team. However, you can only see positives when you look outside of Norwich. I think you operate your football life in a world of fear. Be brave, hope for the best, see the best, walk with your chest out. After a while you will find yourself being this way naturally. After all, your team is still top of the division at the moment.

[/quote]No, that''s Norwich.Reading are 13th.[/quote]

Yawn.... Anything slightly better? Even just a little bit?

Doesn''t the over performance of Ipswich given the players at their disposal simply illustrate why clubs choose experienced managers who have the ability to deliver something in excess of the sum of the parts.

And up pops another who can have nothing good to say about the league leaders but sees good in that disgraceful club down the road.

I find it remarkable that some clubs can see no good in what Norwich have done compared to the other relegated clubs, yet see fit to point out how well McCarthy is doing at Ipswich.

Ultimately, it''s far too early in the season to be judging clubs anyway - I would wait until at least the half way point with everyone playing everyone else before looking too deeply at league position. That said, I would say it''s rather a good sign to be top of the league on 21 points when under-performing, so am slightly confused at people trying to turn that into a negative.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]And up pops another who can have nothing good to say about the league leaders but sees good in that disgraceful club down the road.[/quote]I agree NuttyHe/she can''t be a Norwich fan at heart, can they ? I''d say 99% of the posts are negative.OK, our team, management, board etc all have faults but we''re doing OK right now so a little bit of positivity wouldn''t go amiss. I couldn''t care less if he/she''s first love is the Royals, or even that lot down the road, but this constant miserablist line towards NCFC is baffling if he/she really is a City fan.As Nutty sometimes reminds me my glass is hardly overflowing but lincoln''s hasn''t seen a drop of liquid in years.Are you Victor Meldrew in disguise ? 

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]And up pops another who can have nothing good to say about the league leaders but sees good in that disgraceful club down the road.[/quote]I agree NuttyHe/she can''t be a Norwich fan at heart, can they ? I''d say 99% of the posts are negative.OK, our team, management, board etc all have faults but we''re doing OK right now so a little bit of positivity wouldn''t go amiss. I couldn''t care less if he/she''s first love is the Royals, or even that lot down the road, but this constant miserablist line towards NCFC is baffling if he/she really is a City fan.As Nutty sometimes reminds me my glass is hardly overflowing but lincoln''s hasn''t seen a drop of liquid in years.Are you Victor Meldrew in disguise ?  [/quote]

Your brilliant. Really good at this aren''t you?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Doesn''t the over performance of Ipswich given the players at their disposal simply illustrate why clubs choose experienced managers who have the ability to deliver something in excess of the sum of the parts.[/quote]No.I seem to recall that Hughton was classed as experienced - as was Moyes and Magarth, who all failed miserably to deliver something in excess of the sum of parts and ended up getting sacked because of it.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lincoln canary"]Your brilliant. Really good at this aren''t you?[/quote]How kind of you to say so.[/quote]Careful Smithy, you''ll get a kick in the Golden Cobbles. [;)]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]And up pops another who can have nothing good to say about the league leaders but sees good in that disgraceful club down the road.[/quote]

I agree Nutty

He/she can''t be a Norwich fan at heart, can they ? I''d say 99% of the posts are negative.

OK, our team, management, board etc all have faults but we''re doing OK right now so a little bit of positivity wouldn''t go amiss. I couldn''t care less if he/she''s first love is the Royals, or even that lot down the road, but this constant miserablist line towards NCFC is baffling if he/she really is a City fan.

As Nutty sometimes reminds me my glass is hardly overflowing but lincoln''s hasn''t seen a drop of liquid in years.

Are you Victor Meldrew in disguise ? 
[/quote] Your brilliant. Really good at this aren''t you?[/quote]

*You''re brilliant or did you leave something out to say "Your brilliant analysis of how much I care about other teams over my own?"

Remind us what you studied again Lincoln? I can remember from another forum that no longer exists and such grammar and insight would be worth a giggle if you are now in the profession you were studying for. 

I''m just confused as to why a Reading fan (Lincoln) and an Ipswich fan (Highland) are so intent on posting on this forum!

Do your clubs not have fans? On second thought, no need to answer that..

[quote user="Pitchforks & Torches"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]And up pops another who can have nothing good to say about the league leaders but sees good in that disgraceful club down the road.[/quote]

I agree Nutty

He/she can''t be a Norwich fan at heart, can they ? I''d say 99% of the posts are negative.

OK, our team, management, board etc all have faults but we''re doing OK right now so a little bit of positivity wouldn''t go amiss. I couldn''t care less if he/she''s first love is the Royals, or even that lot down the road, but this constant miserablist line towards NCFC is baffling if he/she really is a City fan.

As Nutty sometimes reminds me my glass is hardly overflowing but lincoln''s hasn''t seen a drop of liquid in years.

Are you Victor Meldrew in disguise ? 
[/quote] Your brilliant. Really good at this aren''t you?[/quote]

*You''re brilliant or did you leave something out to say "Your brilliant analysis of how much I care about other teams over my own?"

Remind us what you studied again Lincoln? I can remember from another forum that no longer exists and such grammar and insight would be worth a giggle if you are now in the profession you were studying for. 

Great memory. I''ve never been a member on another forum though. Talking of grammar, do you understand how commas work?

[quote user="hogesar"]I''m just confused as to why a Reading fan (Lincoln) and an Ipswich fan (Highland) are so intent on posting on this forum!

Do your clubs not have fans? On second thought, no need to answer that..[/quote]

Hoggy..... Read this slowly.

I support Norwich, not Reading.

Now back on topic. It''s pathetic that others get so up tight because it''s been mentioned Ipswich are doing well.

It was frustrating the arrogance from many who thought we would walk this league with ease. I got shot down a few weeks back for stating that Ipswich, along with 23 other clubs, deserve to be playing us. We are at our level right now, and Ipswich are not far behind, as the table suggests.

If he''s a fan who''s opinion is Ipswich are brilliant then he''s not an amazing Norwich fan

"Buh"- If he''s a fan who''s opinion is Ipswich are brilliant then he''s not an amazing Norwich fan"

He''s not saying their brilliant though, is he. More like saying it as it is. If we are top on merit, they are where they are on merit too. There is a long way to go and actually, if it turned out that the season turned into a two horse race between us and them, it could be one of the most exciting and dramatic seasons ever.

McCarthy is doing a hell of a job there given the utter dross he has at his disposal. They are efficient and grind out results which will take you a long way in this league. Ultimately though i think it also just shows why it will be a huge failure on our part if we do not achieve promotion this year because player wise we are superior to Ipswich in every department . If they are going to be in and around the top 6 (as appears may be the case) then we should be nailed on for automatic.

I don;t believe that arrogance on my part. We have seriously underperformed in our last 4 home games and are still top. We really should be 5 or 6 points clear. We may regret the fact that we are not given we have a few tricky away games coning up against sides we have allowed to stay in touch with us due to our results in the last few home games. To be honest I don;t think you can say Adams is doing anything more than an ok job at present given the resources he has at his disposal whereas i would say Mccarthy is doing an excellent job in the sense that whereas we have thrown away points that were there for the taking Ipswich have been hugely efficient and are arguably overperforming.

That''s not me being a binner or slagging off Norwich, just recognising the fact that with a markedly worse team Mccarthy has them just 1 point behind us after a quarter of the season so fair play to him.

Why is such a philosophical argument with some people?

What exactly is the problem with saying "Ipswich are s4it, we hate Ipswich sc.um"

Go on, give it a go.

[quote user="Buh"]Why is such a philosophical argument with some people?

What exactly is the problem with saying "Ipswich are s4it, we hate Ipswich sc.um"

Go on, give it a go.[/quote]

Spot on mate.

"Buh"- What exactly is the problem with saying "Ipswich are s4it, we hate Ipswich?

Nothing, if that is what you want to say. Just let others have their viewpoints heard without being classed as inferior fans just because they have a slightly different look on things.

Ipswich are sh*t and I do hate Ipsw*ch but that does not stop you from acknowledging McCarthy is doinga good job. Indeed it is precisely because they are sh*t that it is impressive that he''s managed to get them so high in the table.

This is what it boils down to, isn''t it.

Some people are in love with mick "sounds like he''s been smacked on the side of the head with a frying pan" McCarthy

Amazed I haven''t heard more calls for him to be installed as Norwich manager.

An Ipswich love in, regardless of the circumstances, makes me feel sick. I hate their club and will never acknowledge any success they have.

Ipswich are doing well atm and McCarthy is getting a lot of things right with few of the advantages afforded to Adams.

We can''t brush it under the carpet, but just hope it doesn''t last.

I agree with JS about our manager. He has been ok and is visibly finding his way and his feet in the job. Anything less than promotion will be seen as a failure though, by me at least.

There can be few examples in the Championship past of the cards being currently dealt in favour of  Norwich City. The vast increase in parachute payments, co-inciding with the implementation of FFP, has given us a spendability denied to many clubs in the league. This applies to Ipswich Town too.

Added to that clout is the fact that, a side who in my opinion deserved to survive last season (albeit by the skin of their teeth), has not been particularly raped of it''s main players, IMO, and that those who have left have attracted more big money and it all amounts to the fact that Adams cannot ever complain that he was sold a ''dud.''

Other factors, including a certain stabilty within the club, an arsenal of fine young talent and consistent full-house all contribute to our good fortune,  and we have a package probably rarely equalled in the past.

I seem to remember, some years ago, when a certain Newcastle team were virtually nailed on for the title that they achieved. The manager was, as we know, Hughton himself. Adams''s own accumulation of head starts cannot be far short of those enjoyed by the Hoots.  

Unlock the home results conundrum Mr. A and you will be doing fine. Fail to do this and the rumblings of discontent will heard as far away as the Playford Road training ground (rented.)

[quote user="lake district canary"]"Buh"- What exactly is the problem with saying "Ipswich are s4it, we hate Ipswich?

Nothing, if that is what you want to say. Just let others have their viewpoints heard without being classed as inferior fans just because they have a slightly different look on things.[/quote]

Lakey, if I was an unkind person I would have to conclude that your hypocrisy has no limit. If I''m a kind person then I would have to conclude that I have had a positive influence on your past input and you have improved as a result. Do you think I''m unkind or kind?