Sign in to follow this  
Bill

100 points, 100 goals

after seven games we would achieve (over the season)105 points if we continued the same average per game, and98.5 goals ... etc

so in a season for the optimistsI am launching a ton up mini leaguemini, as it is only us and will track how well we are faring toward those targetsthe average needed each game is 2.17 points and 2.17 goals

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/52651000/jpg/_52651047_norwich_city_parade_14.jpg

of no use last season 2nd place was 93 pointsthe season before was 79 pointsand who wants second place ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47845000/jpg/_47845144_ncfc4.jpg

[quote user="priceyrice"]Does anyone know what''s the average points target for automatic promotion is in the championship?[/quote]

It is presumed that 2 points per game will gain auto promotion , some years it is less ,,, but that is the total needed to guarantee it .

Cheers. I am looking to be champions as well but it''s nice to know a general average. From how i remember the championship it seems to have a huge range of total points needed for winning the league, as City1st points out.

Didn''t Newcastle win it under Hughton with close to 100 points?

With the size and quality of our squad and a manager who looks to win every game i can see us staying above an avg of 2 points a game all season

Reading got to 106 points and I think hold the record, in Neyul we trust.

I seem to recall the Ancient History Society down the A140 coming out with 100 points and 100 goals about twelve years ago,, didn''t quite work out for them from memory.

I wonder what happened to the banner?

I take it this post is a little tongue in check..

QPR were top this time last year and were v lucky to go up

We have played all of 7 games after all, and anything can happen in Football.

The bookies have us at 4-1 to win the league which is quite long but a recognition that to hold off the whole league will take some doing.

If we are top on February 1 and have done good transfer business in the window then we can start to dream not mid September!

"The bookies have us at 4-1 to win the league which is quite long but a

recognition that to hold off the whole league will take some doing."
eh ?that''s a reflection of the money bet - nothing to do with what the bookies thinkmeanwhile have a plough through thiswhich will give you some idea as it is all the league positions for the past few decades

[quote user="City1st"]"The bookies have us at 4-1 to win the league which is quite long but a

recognition that to hold off the whole league will take some doing."
eh ?that''s a reflection of the money bet - nothing to do with what the bookies thinkmeanwhile have a plough through thiswhich will give you some idea as it is all the league positions for the past few decades

[/quote]

Cheers for the link, interesting viewing.

[quote user="City1st"]it''s an excellent source

[/quote]It looks like 85 or 86 points is more than enough in the vast majority of seasons.16 points on the board.39 games left 20 more wins, 10 draws and we can still afford to lose another 9 games.Looks do-able to me.[:)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="City1st"]it''s an excellent source

[/quote]It looks like 85 or 86 points is more than enough in the vast majority of seasons.16 points on the board.39 games left 20 more wins, 10 draws and we can still afford to lose another 9 games.Looks do-able to me.[:)][/quote]As in previous seasons, do you have a points total in mind?

[quote user="City1st"]and who wants second place ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47845000/jpg/_47845144_ncfc4.jpg

[/quote]
statistically the team thats finished 2nd has gone on to do BETTER in the premiership and stay longer...
titles are for wimps...

ahem

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

theres being 2nd best and theres being champions... if you accept second best then you will never be anything in life..

[/quote]

Football betting is mainly an anticipation of where the money will go and based on form.Take a look at a football coupon City 1st. the odds will not change from when printed to the the actual kick off

"the odds will not change from when printed to the the actual kick off"that often is the case with the printed word"Football betting is mainly an anticipation of where the money will go and based on form."only when you are talking about fixed odds, however the quote about City being 4-1 is not about fixed odds, that is about the money bet

Based mainly on a decent 3.0 away win and not the odd hundred here and there. If Norich get turned over by Brum they will be out to around 5s and in to 7/2 for a decent win. Ante post betting is nothing like a horse race where your ideas are more correct

[quote user="City1st"]it is you''reas in you areperhaps you are from suffolk

[/quote]

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: 100 points, 100 goals

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: 100 points, 100 goals

City1st wrote the following post at 17/09/2014 10:35 PM:

it is you''re

as in you are

perhaps you are from suffolk

am from iceland men cut me some slack

thanks for the tip though , cheer

[quote user="City1st"]it is you''reas in you areperhaps you are from suffolk

[/quote]

Reply to an Existing Message

The message you are replying to: Re: 100 points, 100 goals

pink''un » Have Your Say » Main Discussion... » Re: 100 points, 100 goals

City1st wrote the following post at 17/09/2014 10:35 PM:

it is you''re

as in you are

perhaps you are from suffolk

am from iceland men cut me some slack

thanks for the tip though , cheer

"men cut me some slack"I should imagine they have alreadygiven as it sounds like you are the ''receiver'' in those type of encounters

It''s not entirely a reflection on the money bet City 1st. The whole difficulty in odds setting is attempting to balance the potential risk and reward. So, if someone came in now and lay £1m on, say Rotherham, you wouldn''t find their odds change very much, even though they would have the most money on them. It would be really silly to suddenly drop Rotherham in to evens, because you still want people to back them. Similarly, if we now lost our next 5 games in a row, but no money was taken on the market at all, then our odds would drift hugely. If it was purely on the amount of money bet then it would stay the same. It''s a delicate balance of which money bet is just one factor. It''s not a particularly lucrative market and most money is placed before the season starts. So the odds then tend to change with performances.

[quote user="Bury Green"]Reading got to 106 points and I think hold the record, in Neyul we trust.

I seem to recall the Ancient History Society down the A140 coming out with 100 points and 100 goals about twelve years ago,, didn''t quite work out for them from memory.

I wonder what happened to the banner?[/quote]

Didn''t they go up via the play offs? Past high points as follows: http://www.fl125.co.uk/records/league-points

No no, I was referring to George Burley''s quotes after they were relegated again and possibly Sheepshanks.

I seem to recall them getting all revved up about storming the league and being promoted by Christmas, thirteen seasons later or whatever it is they''re still waiting.

Think they said the same after Evans bought them and appointed good old Roy, truly they''re the gift that just keeps in giving

[quote user="City1st"]ahem

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

theres being 2nd best and theres being champions... if you accept second best then you will never be anything in life..

[/quote]
[/quote]

curses... foiled again!!! The 2nd statement is true... and that is what we should aim for... the first one is merely an observation of stats.. we should of course aim for the title, and if it is beyond us despite our best efforts then promotion must be secured.