Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Anti Adams and McNally Brigade - Quiet now isn't it??!!

"Lets not get all pretentious here. We''re back on a level terms with Ipswich again. Yes we are more effluent right now, however things can soon change."

Did somebody really say this? That is genius. Do we have problems with the drains from Delia''s? Maybe McNally should consider a loan signing - I''ve heard the Dyon Rod can be pretty useful!

As for Rudolph''s thoughts re McNally, i have to take issue with the criticisms re last year. I''ll defend McNally all day long because the guy makes decisions and sees them through, and does so always with the interests of Norwich City Football Club as the number 1 consideration. 

We can all say - including the man himself - that the wrong decision was made with Hughton last season. But we can not crucify people, in football especially, for making incredibly tough decisions. And in this instance, we will never know if changing manager in January would have saved us. There were plenty of people who would have said that appointing Adams in January would have been as much as a risk as giving Hughton the chance to continue. People also forget that the toughest moment for the club in recent times was the replacement of Lambert and the subsequent survival in the league for the first year of the new Premier League contract. Surviving THAT year was more important that anything else that has happened before or since in the McNally era, because it was always going to give us a financial foundation and security that we could never have dreamt of and which would have prepared us for any eventuality in the following years, including relegation. That money has given us the ability to assemble a squad in the Championship that is already starting to look unbeatable.

I will never criticise someone who has achieved what he has, overseen the transformation of our club and who has experience of running a football club that will be almost impossibe to replace when the day comes, god forbid, that he leaves. He will have learnt even more in the last two years, and people should remember that whoever you are, you are accumulating knowledge, experience and expertise every day, and he has so much. So to me it makes no sense to want him out - i don''t know if that''s what you wanted Rudolph - on the basis of what happened last year. We have to accept that we always knew that relegation was a possibility for us as we went from L1 to the Premier League so quickly and it has happened. What we always said as a club was that if we went down we were well equipped to come back and to avoid the Championship dogfight. So far, the evidence is that McNally has made all the right calls and moves to allow us to do just that. He has given Adams all he needs. All he and we can do now is sit back and support the team to the hilt. With a quick look-see in January to see if we need anything else.

That Old Chestnut: "If I had the choice of Adams and mcnasty or lambert. I would have lambert all day long "

As things stand it would be Adams for me. He is the future, with the opportunity to create his own ''miracle''. Doing OK right now, too...

Lambert next because although he was a legend for us, he is the past. PL has moved on as he always intended and I think it''s fair to say so have we (present company excepted). 

McNasty wouldn''t really get a look in, TBH, great guy in what he does but I''d have to say just not enough football coaching experience there. Actually he''d probably be rubbish. Although I suppose he could work with NA as joint or assistant manager if that''s what you mean, would be a waste of his wages though at the price.

Unless you mean for the Chief Exec post, in which case - and I admit I am pretty much sticking my neck out here - but McNally every time in that slot, of the three. Wouldn''t bother with NA in that role either, same reasons as above.

So. Looks like I am the happy fan at the moment.

[quote user="alartz"]Lincoln Canary

May I suggest if you are from Lincoln support Lincoln city of the conference. Might be of your liking lots to moan about there. I know I''m bad at times but you''re taking the pis$ to a new level.

Now kindly fcuk off![/quote]By all accounts LC is a bit partial to a bit of Reading but that doesn''t explain why he/she has such a downer on us.Makes Victor Meldrew look happy-go-lucky.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="alartz"]Lincoln Canary

May I suggest if you are from Lincoln support Lincoln city of the conference. Might be of your liking lots to moan about there. I know I''m bad at times but you''re taking the pis$ to a new level.

Now kindly fcuk off![/quote]By all accounts LC is a bit partial to a bit of Reading but that doesn''t explain why he/she has such a downer on us.Makes Victor Meldrew look happy-go-lucky.

[/quote]I bet the winter evenings just fly by in the Lincoln "Canary" household.[;)]

Lol. Some of you lot are clueless.

I''m not trying to find negatives at all. I''m delighted with the start we''ve made. But I''m also not deluded. We''ve been poor in spells, particularly at the start of games. We need to sort this out, and improve our approach to games. What''s negative or incorrect about that?

Neil Adams is a rookie and is just starting out so it''s acceptable for him to make mistakes. But if he''s to live up to expectations most of you lot have he''ll need to iron these mistakes out sooner rather than later.

Morty - should we still get rid of the useless Wes Hoolahan? Shows your football knowledge mate.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Lol. Some of you lot are clueless.

I''m not trying to find negatives at all. I''m delighted with the start we''ve made. But I''m also not deluded. We''ve been poor in spells, particularly at the start of games. We need to sort this out, and improve our approach to games. What''s negative or incorrect about that?

Neil Adams is a rookie and is just starting out so it''s acceptable for him to make mistakes. But if he''s to live up to expectations most of you lot have he''ll need to iron these mistakes out sooner rather than later.

Morty - should we still get rid of the useless Wes Hoolahan? Shows your football knowledge mate.[/quote]How is Hoolahan anyway, still chained to that radiator in your spare bedroom, only to be released if he''s on the teamsheet?I have never denied he''s good enough for the Championship, so whats the "point" you''re trying to make exactly?Please be happy for us that our team is top of the league, how is your team doing anyway?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Lol. Some of you lot are clueless.

Morty - should we still get rid of the useless Wes Hoolahan? Shows your football knowledge mate.[/quote]How is Hoolahan anyway, still chained to that radiator in your spare bedroom, only to be released if he''s on the teamsheet?I have never denied he''s good enough for the Championship, so whats the "point" you''re trying to make exactly?Please be happy for us that our team is top of the league, how is your team doing anyway?[/quote]

Zzzzzzzzz

a1canary wrote

"Lets not get all pretentious here. We''re back on a level terms with Ipswich again. Yes we are more effluent right now, however things can soon change."

Did somebody really say this? That is genius. Do we have problems with the drains from Delia''s? Maybe McNally should consider a loan signing - I''ve heard the Dyon Rod can be pretty useful!

As for Rudolph''s thoughts re McNally, i have to take issue with the criticisms re last year. I''ll defend McNally all day long because the guy makes decisions and sees them through, and does so always with the interests of Norwich City Football Club as the number 1 consideration. 

We can all say - including the man himself - that the wrong decision was made with Hughton last season. But we can not crucify people, in football especially, for making incredibly tough decisions. And in this instance, we will never know if changing manager in January would have saved us. There were plenty of people who would have said that appointing Adams in January would have been as much as a risk as giving Hughton the chance to continue. People also forget that the toughest moment for the club in recent times was the replacement of Lambert and the subsequent survival in the league for the first year of the new Premier League contract. Surviving THAT year was more important that anything else that has happened before or since in the McNally era, because it was always going to give us a financial foundation and security that we could never have dreamt of and which would have prepared us for any eventuality in the following years, including relegation. That money has given us the ability to assemble a squad in the Championship that is already starting to look unbeatable.

I will never criticise someone who has achieved what he has, overseen the transformation of our club and who has experience of running a football club that will be almost impossibe to replace when the day comes, god forbid, that he leaves. He will have learnt even more in the last two years, and people should remember that whoever you are, you are accumulating knowledge, experience and expertise every day, and he has so much. So to me it makes no sense to want him out - i don''t know if that''s what you wanted Rudolph - on the basis of what happened last year. We have to accept that we always knew that relegation was a possibility for us as we went from L1 to the Premier League so quickly and it has happened. What we always said as a club was that if we went down we were well equipped to come back and to avoid the Championship dogfight. So far, the evidence is that McNally has made all the right calls and moves to allow us to do just that. He has given Adams all he needs. All he and we can do now is sit back and support the team to the hilt. With a quick look-see in January to see if we need anything else.

That''s a good post A1.

I never considered Mcnally''s position I just thought he couldn''t admit Hughton was the wrong man as he had brought him in and felt frustrated at how things dragged on and culminated in a farcical sacking which left Hughton able to say he would have kept us up.

It was reported McNally had family issues and they would test anyone and I wondered if he was set back by those.

But he has overseen a great transfer window and so far, transition to the Championship.

I thought your point about the second season was very interesting, and you are right, it was ultimately crucial but the wobble towards the end should have been heeded.

But hey ho! Onwards and upwards.

It was reported McNally had family issues

it could have been worsethey could have been problems

hoorah for sanitised language

I am very impressed with the points on the board, at times the performance and the individual efforts, in particular Cameron Jerome put in a shift at brentford and the two central midfielders. No question ruddy has had to be in fine form at times.

I agree with Lincoln there has been passages of play but what I do ask is that we also show our intent to each team that we are a team who are fighting for an automatic place in the premiership next season. Adams has impressed me and I will be the first to admit I did not think he was the man for the job and of course if we went on a run of 6 games with out a win I would be worried in the sense that Xmas is the only time to replace with a transfer window looming. But I have to say it looks like we are on track, I went to the brentford game and it was my first league away win and I have been going to away games since 1992 so it was a great evening against a team that at carrow road will give us one hell of a game. They play football the right way.

I don''t think anyone can question McNally during his tenure, yes Hughton stayed long but some members on the board wanted him to stay, I do not think this was McNally. His business this summer has been strong and very impressive and although I mention the transfer window, unless a player leaves I feel we have adequate cover in all positions, possibly if we want that final push or injuries we may need someone in. If promotion is looking likely and the funds are there we can afford to bring in a player who we think can do the job in the prem. There are a few squad players that are fine for this division but the step up is large.

The other point about hoolahoops is that I saw at brentford a ready made replacement wi pace, ability with both feet and the ability to change a game in their starting line up. As always with hoolahan in that 442 he does not cover his flank and can lose the ball, but he can out a shift in. There are players out there that we could have to learn a little from him and improve that position. But he is ticking over nicely in this division. A point made by many that a lot of our players are comfortable on this division but they are playing at a high level in this division.

Delia and Michael are the ones who need to go. They have been on our board for far too long. They have brought in too many crap managers. Roeder, Grant, Gunn, Hughton - all bad managers. The alarm bells were ringing when she said on Radio Norfolk that the reason they didn''t sack Hughton was because there was nobody to replace Hughton. Yes Delia you had Adams working in the club with the youth team - there was your replacement.

The same will happen again with her and Michael - if we lose Neil Adams - they won''t have a clue who to bring in. Delia and Michael undermine all McNally''s hard work - if we get two new directors - then this club can progress.

[quote user="Craig Brown"]Delia and Michael are the ones who need to go. They have been on our board for far too long. They have brought in too many crap managers. Roeder, Grant, Gunn, Hughton - all bad managers. The alarm bells were ringing when she said on Radio Norfolk that the reason they didn''t sack Hughton was because there was nobody to replace Hughton. Yes Delia you had Adams working in the club with the youth team - there was your replacement.

The same will happen again with her and Michael - if we lose Neil Adams - they won''t have a clue who to bring in. Delia and Michael undermine all McNally''s hard work - if we get two new directors - then this club can progress.[/quote]I thought McNally was responsible for Hughton?!

[quote user="Craig Brown"]Delia and Michael are the ones who need to go. They have been on our board for far too long. They have brought in too many crap managers. Roeder, Grant, Gunn, Hughton - all bad managers. The alarm bells were ringing when she said on Radio Norfolk that the reason they didn''t sack Hughton was because there was nobody to replace Hughton. Yes Delia you had Adams working in the club with the youth team - there was your replacement.

The same will happen again with her and Michael - if we lose Neil Adams - they won''t have a clue who to bring in. Delia and Michael undermine all McNally''s hard work - if we get two new directors - then this club can progress.[/quote]You''re forgeting Hamilton and Rioch. Delia putting Rioch in charge ensured that the club suffered a lost decade just as it was beginning to get back on its feet. If anything significant changes, eg McNally leaving, then the Stowmarket Two and their spivvy board will probably show their amateurism and incompetence all over again. What is surprising is just how well-regarded Delia and Michael are despite their appalling record in charge.

[quote user="92 vintage"][quote user="Craig Brown"]Delia and Michael are the ones who need to go. They have been on our board for far too long. They have brought in too many crap managers. Roeder, Grant, Gunn, Hughton - all bad managers. The alarm bells were ringing when she said on Radio Norfolk that the reason they didn''t sack Hughton was because there was nobody to replace Hughton. Yes Delia you had Adams working in the club with the youth team - there was your replacement.

The same will happen again with her and Michael - if we lose Neil Adams - they won''t have a clue who to bring in. Delia and Michael undermine all McNally''s hard work - if we get two new directors - then this club can progress.[/quote]You''re forgeting Hamilton and Rioch. Delia putting Rioch in charge ensured that the club suffered a lost decade just as it was beginning to get back on its feet. If anything significant changes, eg McNally leaving, then the Stowmarket Two and their spivvy board will probably show their amateurism and incompetence all over again. What is surprising is just how well-regarded Delia and Michael are despite their appalling record in charge.[/quote]This is a good point and people often forget this.  They were lucky with Worthington as he got the job in a "right place right time" kind of way, and they had nothing at all to do with McNally''s brilliant poaching of Paul Lambert from Colchester UNiTed, a friend of my uncle''s works in the ticket office and confirmed that Delia and MWJ wanted either Howard Kendall, Howard Wilkinson or Steve Tilson to replace Gunn but that they were gutted Gunn had been fired because they thought he could see it through after the fitness issues with the squad were resolved, and those issues were because Delia and MWJ had poisoned the whole first team at a barbecue and then refused to let them into the Dunston Hall gym because it was too expensive.  It has been very clear for a long while that everything McNally and his manager achieve is in spite of the board and the majority shareholders, and everything that goes wrong at the club is because the board and majority shareholders outvote and overrule McNally, I have it on very good authority from my aunt''s bridge partner who works at Yellows that Surman and Hoolahan played in the Wolves away match because Delia lost a bet the night before that she could flip and catch twelve beermats after necking a bottle of Wild Turkey.  Meanwhile, Cameron Jerome only came on at half time for his match-winning debut because MWJ lost a game of "chicken" with an automatic soap dispenser.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Love it Bor[Y]

You couldn''t make it up....

Or could you......

[/quote]Sounds authentic to me.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I''ve backed Adams but heavily criticised McNally. The transfers indicate McNally has got his mojo back but last season, and perhaps longer than that, he was anonymous while Hughton floundered. But that is history and he seems to have got back on track. In fairness, handling the transition from Prem to Championship is difficult and he deserves credit.[/quote]

good post... we ultimately have to remember that McNally is answerable to the board... was he read the riot act or given an ultimatum? either way its worked.

[quote user="Craig Brown"]Delia and Michael are the ones who need to go. They have been on our board for far too long. They have brought in too many crap managers. Roeder, Grant, Gunn, Hughton - all bad managers. The alarm bells were ringing when she said on Radio Norfolk that the reason they didn''t sack Hughton was because there was nobody to replace Hughton. Yes Delia you had Adams working in the club with the youth team - there was your replacement. The same will happen again with her and Michael - if we lose Neil Adams - they won''t have a clue who to bring in. Delia and Michael undermine all McNally''s hard work - if we get two new directors - then this club can progress.[/quote]

Think it''s been proved there was nobody available in January who could have taken over from Hughton.

Adams was at the club yes, but you don''t give a youth team manager the reigns of a Premier League club mid season.

Forgetting the state of the club when the took over and the magnificent position the club is in now, also forgetting the significant investment they have put in to the club.

To be honest you are a bit clueless

Yeah you sound just like Delia. Ellis your excuses for not changing the manager earlier are pathetic. How has it been there was nobody available to bring in you berk? So you would have just allowed Hughton just to stay in charge and all our poor fans would have suffer watching his crap football.

What difference does it make - if he was youth team manager? He is now proving he can get us playing attacking football and we are scoring goals. If Neil Adams wasn''t given the chance we wouldn''t be top of the league. The fact we are winning so many games - makes all Norwich fans think bringing him in sooner - would have meant Norwich are still a premier league club.

Rob Butler said on canary call the other day that Hughton said Murphy needs to work on the defensive side of his game. Darren Eadie also pointed this out as well - Hughton is the type who just restricts players and doesn''t allow them to attack!! You think we should have gone on with a manager like that then you are clueless!!!

I am not anti anything or anyone currently... After three years of tense affairs. I am enjoying our weekly attacking fight backs. Well done to all those who have responsibility at the club... After a difficult couple of years, all the wogs are working well together and we''re being pulled by a belief in ourselves and heading North!