Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Anti Adams and McNally Brigade - Quiet now isn't it??!!

[quote user="he likes paella "]Are they all on holiday? Or waiting til we lose a game to start the bashing?

IN MCNALLY I TRUST.

Neil Adams the messiah.[/quote]

Adams still has a lot to learn. Our results flatter us a little, we need to address how we start games. We''ve had a cracking start but we''ve also had some awfull spells. Better teams, and we haven''t played the best in this league yet, will find us out of we continue to start sluggish.

For me the jury is out untill at least Xmas.

I''ve backed Adams but heavily criticised McNally.

The transfers indicate McNally has got his mojo back but last season, and perhaps longer than that, he was anonymous while Hughton floundered.

But that is history and he seems to have got back on track. In fairness, handling the transition from Prem to Championship is difficult and he deserves credit.

So ,,, Lincoln , who is it that you consider to be "top" teams who we haven''t played yet . I was under the impression that we had played Watford , Brentwood , Cardiff, Blackburn , and Bournemouth ,, all of which were fancied above us in some cases for promotion ,, who else ? Forest and Derby ?

Bring it on !!

You notice I didn''t mention beating your team ?

Was their really an anti Adams brigade? Many of us had our doubts about him and I was one.

He''s doing a fantastic job at the moment and long may it continue. I will always love being proven wrong when it means success as I''m sure the rest of us will.

Oh and as for McNally never doubted him!

Actually we started pretty well tonight, had a few chances in the first 20 minutes but Brentford rode their luck a bit and came back at us. They had some decent players and we rode our luck too. Ruddy also made some good saves. Once the first goal went in we looked like we would get all 3 points.

We tried a lot of route one balls to make the most of Jerome''s pace as Brentford we''re pushing up, which shows that Adams can mix it up.

We won''t completely outplay every team in every game but after 3 points away from home against a decent team I can''t see why we''re looking for negatives.

I was quite critical of our Neil when we announced the appointment. I genuinely felt it wasnt the right appointment.

However fair bloody play to the guy and his staff/the players.A remarkable start.

Well done buh [Y]

"Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"So ,,, Lincoln , who is it that you consider to be "top" teams who we haven''t played yet . I was under the impression that we had played Watford , Brentwood , Cardiff, Blackburn , and Bournemouth ,, all of which were fancied above us in some cases for promotion ,, who else ? Forest and Derby ?

Bring it on !!

what can you mean ?not the chap who posted this sort of stuff -

"Lets not get all pretentious here. We''re back on a level terms with

Ipswich again. Yes we are more effluent right now, however things can

soon change. A few years in the championship and we''ll be dwarfed be

teams that are relegated from above."" Ipswich are biting at the bit to play us, as are many other clubs. I''d wait a while before we start bleating how good we are.""Now, regardless of finances, we are both on reasonably level playing field in terms of player ability. That''s how it is."" you could argue Ipswich could offset that advantage by having a more

experienced manager, and players with more appetite for a championship

battle."
" but Ipswich deserve to play us, as do 23 other clubs. Too many on here think we will walk this league. Let''s wait and see."(all from the same thread)

by their words ye shall know them

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Adams still has a lot to learn. Our results flatter us a little, we need to address how we start games. We''ve had a cracking start but we''ve also had some awfull spells. Better teams, and we haven''t played the best in this league yet, will find us out of we continue to start sluggish.

For me the jury is out untill at least Xmas.[/quote]I think the jury will have dismissed the case by now, Lincoln, but I do agree with you up to a point. We have looked poor in spells in some matches and we can still improve - but the joy at winning and scoring plenty and being at the top of the league is a heady mixture.  Enjoy - we deserve it after the last eighteen months or so!

"Enjoy - we deserve it after the last eighteen months or so!"

for bare faced cheek that takes the biscuit

[quote user="morty"]Haha, is Lincoln getting it now, because Wiz isn''t here any more?

[:D]
[/quote]

*And he''ll never be back!!!

Quote from: http://www.norwichtalk.com/topic/492-pinkun-getting-a-new-forum/page-6

Wiz

Wiz

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • 4 topics

• LocationLowestoft.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

I''m sure, giving time and the realisation that this site is here to stay, other posters elsewhere will slowly come to accept the status quo as it is now.

However, some of us will never return to the PU no matter how ''state of the art'' it becomes....that''s just a fact with no malice attached to it.

* Disclaimer - how many times have we read that before?

He''s done a really good job so far but I must say I think that we have the best squad in the division by some way as well. He''s big and bold enough to change it when it''s not working, so kudos for that. I don''t suppose we''ll see an end to tedious "I told you so" posts for a long time but if we''re winning, who cares?

Yes, its a bit tedious already but that''s this board for you.

As for Neil Adams haters, I really am not convinced that there are any on this board?

Sure, like me, there are those who had their doubts but were willing to give him and his coaching team a decent chance, and for me that time is now approaching the end.

So, so far so good, its been an excellent start and NA and his team are certainly ticking the boxes......what more can be said by the "doubters", hard core "fans" of NA (and there were not many if we are honest) or even the haters....if there are any of them!

Carry on at this rate and he could end up with cult hero status by the end of the season.

Even though he''s already taken us to the top-of-the-table, some on here appear to be saying "If we can''t nail Neil Adams now, we''ll try and get him later!"

Talk about maintaining a destructive focus!

Personally I''d rather deploy my energy celebrating our current success and enjoy it...

[quote user="City1st"]"Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"So ,,, Lincoln , who is it that you consider to be "top" teams who we haven''t played yet . I was under the impression that we had played Watford , Brentwood , Cardiff, Blackburn , and Bournemouth ,, all of which were fancied above us in some cases for promotion ,, who else ? Forest and Derby ?

Bring it on !!

what can you mean ?not the chap who posted this sort of stuff -

"Lets not get all pretentious here. We''re back on a level terms with

Ipswich again. Yes we are more effluent right now, however things can

soon change. A few years in the championship and we''ll be dwarfed be

teams that are relegated from above."" Ipswich are biting at the bit to play us, as are many other clubs. I''d wait a while before we start bleating how good we are.""Now, regardless of finances, we are both on reasonably level playing field in terms of player ability. That''s how it is."" you could argue Ipswich could offset that advantage by having a more

experienced manager, and players with more appetite for a championship

battle."
" but Ipswich deserve to play us, as do 23 other clubs. Too many on here think we will walk this league. Let''s wait and see."(all from the same thread)

by their words ye shall know them

[/quote]

A little unfair. The rest of that thread was full of people being over confident and little disrespectful to the rest of the league. Including Ipswich. Even now people are suggesting we''re going to walk it as if it''s a fore gone conclusion.

[quote user="Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"]So ,,, Lincoln , who is it that you consider to be "top" teams who we haven''t played yet . I was under the impression that we had played Watford , Brentwood , Cardiff, Blackburn , and Bournemouth ,, all of which were fancied above us in some cases for promotion ,, who else ? Forest and Derby ?

Bring it on !!

Wigan, Fulham, Forest, Derby & Reading. A couple of teams have had slow starts but that won''t last long. I think we can beat them all, bar Fulham away, but if we start slow these teams have the quality to punish us.

Its been a fantastic start and I''m delighted after te last two years. But let''s not be arrogant and disrespectful to the other teams, eh?

I don''t see it as disrespectful.

I see it as recognising we have one of the top squads in this League, and have already made Watford (2nd) look very ordinary, same for the Binners (9th), put Brentford and Blackburn (10th and 11th) to the ''sword''.

Yes, we have lost to Wolves (4th) but we were poor, and I cannot see Wolves romping away with a top 2 slot.

Was Adams being disrespectful, in your eyes, when he said, last week, that he was looking , and going for, 6 points at Cardiff and Brentford? Of course he wouldn''t roll over and get his tummy tickled, and say he wanted 2 draws, it''s just installing a strong mentality to the rest of the League. Get the message out there, that we mean business

We are always going to be a target in this league, by virtue of last seasons position.

Do I think we will win every game for the rest of the season? No.

Do I think we are in a great place? Hell, yeh, and it''s up to the rest of the teams to try and stop us.

Bring it on

Totally agree with this Crabby. PMA works wonders for the team and fans alike. This time last year under "play for a draw" Hughton it was a completely different story.

Adams knows that we need to fight hard to get automatic promotion and that seems exactly what we are doing. We''ve got a very strong squad now and with the right mentality we are going to be right up there at the end of the season.

[quote user="Brightside"]Totally agree with this Crabby. PMA works wonders for the team and fans alike. This time last year under "play for a draw" Hughton it was a completely different story. Adams knows that we need to fight hard to get automatic promotion and that seems exactly what we are doing. We''ve got a very strong squad now and with the right mentality we are going to be right up there at the end of the season.[/quote]

C''mon guys, just enjoy, it''s not a fair comparison to keep mentioning Hughton, this time last year our circumstances we''re completely different and don''t forget that Neil played for a draw at Chelsea when we all thought we needed a win.

I''m Adams and McNally''s biggest fan, I constantly defended them when the pre-season attacks were in progress getting into long and futile arguments with posters like Reggie Strayshun and I''m sure we''d all be better off focussing on the future.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="he likes paella "]Are they all on holiday? Or waiting til we lose a game to start the bashing?

IN MCNALLY I TRUST.

For me the jury is out untill at least Xmas.[/quote]Who do you class as the best in the league?  Second place Watford who we beat 3-0?  5 of our games have been against top half sides.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="he likes paella "]Are they all on holiday? Or waiting til we lose a game to start the bashing?

IN MCNALLY I TRUST.

For me the jury is out untill at least Xmas.[/quote]Who do you class as the best in the league?  Second place Watford who we beat 3-0?  5 of our games have been against top half sides.[/quote]

The same Watford that played for 89mins with 10 men?

Wow Lincoln, only you could draw negatives out of us winning games and being top of the league.

Lincoln, you are getting boring now. The thing to do is put your hand up and say that some of your posts have turned out to be mistakes. Whatever happens from now it cannot be said we weren''t ready, both in terms of playing and coaching staff, for this season. Morty is right to say some, and it looks like it includes you, are not happy with this, are a bit equivocal in their current posts and are caveating heavily in their praise in the hope that they get a chance to go "I told you so".

If we were doing a ''Fulham'' people would be clamouring for NA''s head. As we are top of the league it''s NA is lucky because we have such a good squad for this league. How unfortunate that it''s due to NA and McNally that we have this squad in the first place.

We shouldn''t get carried away as we all know how competitive this league is but we can all enjoy the attack focused football that NA has brought back to Carrow Road.

Lincoln Canary

May I suggest if you are from Lincoln support Lincoln city of the conference. Might be of your liking lots to moan about there. I know I''m bad at times but you''re taking the pis$ to a new level.

Now kindly fcuk off!