Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Where is the new all singing all dancing Pink Un forum ?

The lack of posts since last night suggests to me that i am not the only one this morning having problems YET AGAIN with getting pages to load !FFS Peter The Deleter tell us what the feck is going on.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The lack of posts since last night suggests to me that i am not the only one this morning having problems YET AGAIN with getting pages to load !FFS Peter The Deleter tell us what the feck is going on.[/quote]He''s on holiday isn''t he?  This is about the only page that has loaded for me today, and that at the third or fourth attempt!  Mass exodus is surely called for, but to where is the question.  Obviously Archant couldn''t give a monkey''s.

[quote user="hogesar"]For anyone interested, I started a thread about http://www.norwichtalk.com and it''s already been taken down within 10 minutes. If only they spent a little time on sorting this forum out..[/quote]No surprise there. Don''t know what you wrote, but if you were promoting a rival site, what do you expect?  Anyhow, that forum has failed to attract people to it because it is lacking in sparkle. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"]For anyone interested, I started a thread about http://www.norwichtalk.com and it''s already been taken down within 10 minutes. If only they spent a little time on sorting this forum out..[/quote]

No surprise there. Don''t know what you wrote, but if you were promoting a rival site, what do you expect?  Anyhow, that forum has failed to attract people to it because it is lacking in sparkle. 

[/quote]

I always wondered what it is called... although it seems to me there hasn''t been as much sparkle between certain forum members on the pinkun lately, which IMO is a distinct improvement.

Been saying this for years, there will be no new forum. The concept of forums has been dying a slow death for some time now. Archangel couldn''t care less about this forum.

Shame really, because this used to be such a good community, but if they won''t invest in something that ACTUALLY WORKS then it''s not going to encourage people to visit, it''ll drive them away. They can wave goodbye to some advertising revenue then

[quote user="morty"]You are all welcome on Norwichtalk.

Just no whining old biddies

😉[/quote]Or......no-one at all. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]You are all welcome on Norwichtalk.

Just no whining old biddies

😉[/quote]Or......no-one at all. [:D][/quote]

Yep and the reason? Too restrictive resulting in a lack of character.....a bit like going into a library and having to whisper rather than talk out loud.   All for a bit of moderating, but it''s a difficult balance to get right.  Control freakery is not the answer.This site is still the best forum we have and long may it continue.

Control freakery about what people post is nothing new on here Lakey. It usually results in name calling and getting up front and personal.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Control freakery about what people post is nothing new on here Lakey. It usually results in name calling and getting up front and personal.[/quote]True, but I was thinking more about the moderation of forums.  Getting the balance right is difficult but the self moderation on this forum has improved of late and long may that continue.  Mind you, some people are away at the moment....

[quote user="lake district canary"]Yep and the reason? Too restrictive resulting in a lack of character.....a bit like going into a library and having to whisper rather than talk out loud.   All for a bit of moderating, but it''s a difficult balance to get right.  Control freakery is not the answer.This site is still the best forum we have and long may it continue.[/quote]I think you must be getting confused with another site Lakey.I''ve not had a single post removed or ''moderated'' (well, to my knowledge anyway), and if you post well reasoned, non-abusive responses, that are actually in-line with either the thread topic or the way the thread has developed, then you won''t ever have a problem IMHO.I''d rather have a handful of good posts than a barrage of garbage, but even I find it too quiet at times (probably because the posters from there are too busy getting into yet another crazy argument on here tbh)...

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"]For anyone interested, I started a thread about http://www.norwichtalk.com and it''s already been taken down within 10 minutes. If only they spent a little time on sorting this forum out..[/quote]No surprise there. Don''t know what you wrote, but if you were promoting a rival site, what do you expect?  Anyhow, that forum has failed to attract people to it because it is lacking in sparkle. 

[/quote]
Of course I expected it to be taken down.
But it highlights the point - they want to protect this forum and it''s traffic (hence deleting my thread) ergo the traffic and revenue generated is important to them.
However they ignore failures, don''t respond to people who question and don''t even help out charity events which depend on this forum like Ray''s funds.
It''s disappointing - that''s all.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Control freakery about what people post is nothing new on here Lakey. It usually results in name calling and getting up front and personal.[/quote]True, but I was thinking more about the moderation of forums.  Getting the balance right is difficult but the self moderation on this forum has improved of late and long may that continue.  Mind you, some people are away at the moment....

[/quote]I think this is the moment when you post one of these......[:D]

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Always having to be right is another form of control freakery.[/quote]You are right of course Bor. Opinions count for nothing on here as long as it sits comfortably with whoever offers that opinion and is not from another hymn sheet.

[quote user="morty"]Been saying this for years, there will be no new forum. The concept of forums has been dying a slow death for some time now. Archangel couldn''t care less about this forum.[/quote]

I would massively disagree with that Morty, it''s just forums for NCFC fans are slowly dying and it''s something that has confused me for a while. Almost every other club have forums with hundreds of active users yet the two most active forum for NCFC fans are this and WOTB, both of which aren''t that popular (in the grand scheme of things) and in their own ways pretty horrible to use as they are very outdated.

What is it about Norwich fans that means that we don''t have a similarly active forum to TWTD or NorthStandChat (the Brighton Forum) or dcfcfans (Derby)? Are we just set in our way? Has the lack of choice lead to antipathy? Did we just have successful forum earlier? Or even is our fan base too insular and localised so the forum isn''t as relevant?

I was thinking more of this messageboard but as i was reading somewhere earlier '' thanks for proving my point ''. Only my opinion of course if one is allowed ?

[quote user="hogesar"]But it highlights the point - they want to protect this forum and it''s traffic (hence deleting my thread) ergo the traffic and revenue generated is important to them.
However they ignore failures, don''t respond to people who question and don''t even help out charity events which depend on this forum like Ray''s funds.
It''s disappointing - that''s all.[/quote]You make good points Hoggy. They recently promoted the trust''s

competition on here which neither directly benefited the the club, our fans, nor

any charity. They even sponsored it to the tune of £400, yet I don''t

remember then EVER donating anything to their own RAY''S FUNDS which has

helped both the academy and the CSF over the years. As far as I know, no

other club/fans forum has anything like it, something they should be

proud of and yet, none of their full-time journo''s participate in it and

I don''t remember it ever getting a mention in any of their articles.It''s

as if this forum has become an embarrassment to them and yet if this is

the case, why have they let it happen? As you say, it''s clearly

important to them because as soon as another forum is mentioned the

comments are deleted due to the threat to advertising revenue. How can

they spot and react so quickly to mentions of competition whilst

ignoring serious problems with the site for several days leading up to

one of the biggest games of the season against the binners?Surely

if they have spare money for sponsorship deals (good luck to the

benefactors BTW), then they would be better advised to invest that same

money into their own product and bringing it into the 21st century so all City fans can enjoy it wherever they are in the

world. For all the criticisms this forum receives, for all the problems associated with using it and for all the talk of "forums dying", I reckon this site gets just as much traffic now as it did 8/10 years ago. Perhaps Pete could confirm (or deny) this?

Just a shame also that Archant did not view other social media outlets before handing over their cash to an outfit that ridicule this messageboard and posters on it. Makes you wonder why those comments are not posted on here rather than sniping at a distance.