Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Where is the new all singing all dancing Pink Un forum ?

ahh just realised they were not previous accounts here; strange how such spam happens tbh - I just wonder how it has targeted the pinkun in particular

[quote user="KoromaCrab"]ahh just realised they were not previous accounts here; strange how such spam happens tbh - I just wonder how it has targeted the pinkun in particular[/quote]Because the forum structure is archaic. Its the same reason anyone banned from here just opens up another account.

Well at least this may force the issue, because until they upgrade this forum, looks like these Korean spammers ain''t going away.

32 pages of spam since early morning and counting - they''re still being posted now!

In amongst all the junk there were some human responses from whoever is doing this  (Jenkins was getting a response from him/them), so it is not some kind of  spam bot, but an individual or individuals targetting the forum from South Korea - one response was "hahahah just doing my job sir".  

Let''s try and keep this in perspective.

Anyone would think this is the first time that distant posters have flooded this message board with page after page of nonsensical drivel.

Where we are talking about automated spambots, the easy solution is to integrate a Captcha or similar based api. That''ll solve the majority.

The bots that flood a board with tons of posts could be ''tamed'' by having a post rate limit, say no more than 15 posts per half hour. For that to happen a forum upgrade would be required.I would think that Archant want to integrate this forum with their main site (comments on articles etc) and existing back end, perhaps why a forum upgrade hasn''t yet materialised.In the meantime a temporary forum using one of the free solutions would be a good idea, at least until a permanent (bespoke?) solution could be set up.Forget archiving posts and integrating with the website, Archant need to make this place secure from hackers and spammers before they do anything else.

I don''t care about integrated forum comments throughout the websites. I just came back on here to get my free passport but someone seems to have deleted all the posts - typical!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]20 of them tried to join last night but now all new members have to be accepted by me.Unlucky lads.[/quote]This could be a good time to brush up on your ''Waveney detection'' skills... [:)]

[quote user="morty"]RIP Waveney [:(][/quote]He''s going to need a pretty big headstone to fit all those names on... [:D]

[quote user="9Зvintage"]I would think that Archant want to integrate this forum with their main site (comments on articles etc) and existing back end, perhaps why a forum upgrade hasn''t yet materialised.[/quote]

I hope that never happens 93, the people who comment on those articles are a very strabge and insular lot indeed 😉

I can''t understand what the economic advantage there would be for Archant to spend money on the messageboard

I assume capital expenditure will be tight and I bet they have much higher priorities than an update.

We should be thankful we have what we have as without it we would have to use the Wrath or even worse Mortys morgue

[quote user="The young canary"]I can''t understand what the economic advantage there would be for Archant to spend money on the messageboard I assume capital expenditure will be tight and I bet they have much higher priorities than an update.

We should be thankful we have what we have as without it we would have to use the Wrath or even worse Mortys morgue[/quote]Not when they throw money around in other areas where Norwich fans are involved.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The young canary"]I can''t understand what the economic advantage there would be for Archant to spend money on the messageboard I assume capital expenditure will be tight and I bet they have much higher priorities than an update.

We should be thankful we have what we have as without it we would have to use the Wrath or even worse Mortys morgue[/quote]Not when they throw money around in other areas where Norwich fans are involved.[/quote]Capital expenditure being tight i was on about.