Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Where is the new all singing all dancing Pink Un forum ?

I notice I only started this thread a mere 10 months ago and that was only as a result of Peter The Deleter saying weeks if not months before that the matter was in hand !

ARCHANT YOU ARE A JOKE but hey if you have a Binner like that idiot Pickover in charge what should we really expect. They cannot even sort out the banned posters and multiple account holders that infest this board who even Stevie Wonder could spot.

''Come on Pete you must have a few answers after 10 months.''

I notice he had an answer after 10 seconds when I enquired as to where the apology was for Monday''s Mustard Meltdown!!

Good Morning Tilly,As was posted on June 1, we are in the middle of re-designing all the sites and making them fully responsive. It''s now the Pink''Un''s turn and, all things being well, the new site will launch next week. Sadly, that doesn''t include a new messageboard - yet. Nobody wants a new forum more than me - anything that makes moderation easier is fine by me. When there is more to tell all of you, I will.Sadly I can''t take up Bor''s kind offer of helping out with moderation because, as far as I''m aware, he isn''t employed by Archant. In the meantime, the easiest way to rid this site of the trolls is to hit the Report button or to email me at peter.raven@archant.co.uk

Meanwhile, Norwich Talk has revamped, updated and re-launched  their superb website within 3 days! ............hey ho.[:D]

[quote user="Wiz"] Meanwhile, Norwich Talk has revamped, updated and re-launched  their superb website within 3 days! ............hey ho.[:D][/quote]
Yes, and whilst I look and post there every now and again, there''s only about 10 active posters..

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Wiz"] Meanwhile, Norwich Talk has revamped, updated and re-launched  their superb website within 3 days! ............hey ho.[:D][/quote]

Yes, and whilst I look and post there every now and again, there''s only about 10 active posters..

[/quote]

"Present" is not "active." Have you ever been to council meetings? 

Hogesar, whilst I have no interest in getting in some kind of pi$$ing contest, if you look closely at this forum there are only maybe 20 or 30 people who post regularly.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Good Morning Tilly,

As was posted on June 1, we are in the middle of re-designing all the sites and making them fully responsive. It''s now the Pink''Un''s turn and, all things being well, the new site will launch next week. Sadly, that doesn''t include a new messageboard - yet. Nobody wants a new forum more than me - anything that makes moderation easier is fine by me. When there is more to tell all of you, I will.

Sadly I can''t take up Bor''s kind offer of helping out with moderation because, as far as I''m aware, he isn''t employed by Archant. In the meantime, the easiest way to rid this site of the trolls is to hit the Report button or to email me at peter.raven@archant.co.uk
[/quote]

Blimey a reply before 9am !! No in all seriousness Pete thanks for a reply and guys it is up to us to site this site of the trolling $hite that is posted on here by helping Peter The Deleter live up to his name.

Glad to see that suedo Jock has had his ridiculous Dundee v Everton thread removed. Lapps I will leave you to give that buffoon Waveney''s accounts to Pete.

Let the clean up commence..........together we can make it work.

Big Tilly has spoken. [:D]

Yes , this site has more traffic which in truth means more trolls, school kids on holiday, spammers, binners ..............and Waveney Canary aliases!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Good Morning Tilly,

As was posted on June 1, we are in the middle of re-designing all the sites and making them fully responsive. It''s now the Pink''Un''s turn and, all things being well, the new site will launch next week. Sadly, that doesn''t include a new messageboard - yet. Nobody wants a new forum more than me - anything that makes moderation easier is fine by me. When there is more to tell all of you, I will.

Sadly I can''t take up Bor''s kind offer of helping out with moderation because, as far as I''m aware, he isn''t employed by Archant. In the meantime, the easiest way to rid this site of the trolls is to hit the Report button or to email me at peter.raven@archant.co.uk
[/quote]

Blimey a reply before 9am !! No in all seriousness Pete thanks for a reply and guys it is up to us to site* this site of the trolling $hite that is posted on here by helping Peter The Deleter live up to his name.

Glad to see that suedo Jock has had his ridiculous Dundee v Everton thread removed. Lapps I will leave you to give that buffoon Waveney''s accounts to Pete.

[/quote]

Rid. [:$]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Good Morning Tilly,As was posted on June 1, we are in the middle of re-designing all the sites and making them fully responsive. It''s now the Pink''Un''s turn and, all things being well, the new site will launch next week. Sadly, that doesn''t include a new messageboard - yet. Nobody wants a new forum more than me - anything that makes moderation easier is fine by me. When there is more to tell all of you, I will.Sadly I can''t take up Bor''s kind offer of helping out with moderation because, as far as I''m aware, he isn''t employed by Archant. In the meantime, the easiest way to rid this site of the trolls is to hit the Report button or to email me at peter.raven@archant.co.uk[/quote]

Blimey a reply before 9am !! No in all seriousness Pete thanks for a reply and guys it is up to us to site this site of the trolling $hite that is posted on here by helping Peter The Deleter live up to his name.

[/quote][Y]WAVENEY OUT!

[quote user="Wiz"]Yes , this site has more traffic which in truth means more trolls, school kids on holiday, spammers, binners ..............and Waveney Canary aliases![/quote]

You forgot multiple account holders Jimbo or is it Robert Poole or Robin Locksley ? [:D][;)][:P]

Surely it can''t be too expensive or complicated to create an IP ban. Just banning an account will spring 5 more in to action.

I do a lot of work with a non profit and I''m sure our IT person could sort this out for the big for-profit, football airing company if need be. Sorry if this seems rude, SDP, but a message board on a money generated site shouldn''t be lacking things fan-run forums have up and down the country. Even Beccles have a slightly more safisticated message board ffs

Aren''t IP addresses assigned by the outgoing server rather than the individual''s device? I can''t see how blocking an ISP''s IP address would be the answer.

[quote user="morty"]Hogesar, whilst I have no interest in getting in some kind of pi$$ing contest, if you look closely at this forum there are only maybe 20 or 30 people who post regularly.[/quote]
Oh, probably correct. Maybe a bit more.
Regardless, this forum is far, far more active than Norwich Talk. Which is unfortunate, but the case nonetheless.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Aren''t IP addresses assigned by the outgoing server rather than the individual''s device? I can''t see how blocking an ISP''s IP address would be the answer.[/quote]

Agreed Bor. For the most part a logged IP address is not a good indicator of anything other than an ISP server. Even with a simple VPN service, a free proxy or the even more secure SSL VPN, the ability to find the exact location of a poster is hard at the best of times. There are thousands of free proxy servers and even more VPN servers. Gone are days where everyone just hooked up to their ISP''s modem and went to town.

[quote user="Wiz"] Meanwhile, Norwich Talk has revamped, updated and re-launched  their superb website within 3 days! ............hey ho.[:D][/quote]
I don''t think it''s fair to compare the two Wiz, Norwich Talk has been running less than a year and has from what I can see about  15 ish  regular daily posters  and even with it being a newish smallish forum the owner had some niggles with the upgrade, if you read his software thread.
Imagine upgrading the pinkun, 12 years of posts, 1400 pages with 20 posts per page, that''s over 28,000 posts and that''s just on the main discussion section without the other sections, its a hell of a job.
I''m not making excuses for Archant, it''s been dragging on far too long and we all get frustrated with  the multiple id''s, trolls and the people who change their names, but as Nutty has often said the place is what we make it and it''s been responsible for some great friendships formed over the last 12 years.
Even with it''s faults its still the best and most popular Norwich City forum you ll ever find and  if you want to get a message across to Norwich City fans here is the place to post it, because in addition to the 100''s that just read or post daily, I''m pretty sure that the majority of people who post on other smaller Norwich forums still pop on here to read  too( before they go off to moan about it lol )
If all us regular readers/ posters starting today  made the effort to email Pete when they see something amiss, morning afternoon and night, the time wasters would soon get bored and move on.

You could just archive this message board as "read only" rather than migrate it, saving a lot of effort for little benefit. You could send links to existing account holders to re register them on the new site, the advantage being those with bogus email accounts would not receive the invite. It should not be a big job if done tactically.

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 31/07/2015 4:51 PM:

You could just archive this message board as "read only" rather than migrate it, saving a lot of effort for little benefit. You could send links to existing account holders to re register them on the new site, the advantage being those with bogus email accounts would not receive the invite. It should not be a big job if done tactically.

But surely as a multiple account holder Chopsy, your desire to "clean up" the board is an example of duplicity at its worst.

You really are a shocker!

If the site owners just enforced the existing rules, namely the one about being abusive, harassing other posters etc, then many longstanding posters would have been banned ages ago.It looks like what''ll happen is that we''ll lose a few characters thereby making the place more dull. People that happen to feature on someone''s personal blacklist or are otherwise deemed ''anti-club'' by a vocal minority will end up being banned.As well as those out to insult and cause trouble, any wide dragnet could catch people whose views aren''t ''politically correct'' but are otherwise civil and follow the rules of the messageboard to the letter.No question there needs to be moderation. But some of those most vocal in calling for it ought to try following the [url=http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1212143/ShowPost.aspx#1212143]code of conduct[/url] themselves before they get on their high horses.

So it''s not fair to compare the two forums CA, and then you go on to do exactly that lol?

In Pete''s own words, there is going to be an upgrade of all Archant websites, but not to the forum. His addition of the word "yet" is hopeful more than probable, I suspect. I would like to be proved wrong, but I can''t see anything changing here anytime soon.

Morty - Well I thought I explained quite well why it wasn''t fair to compare the two forums lol

I do have to agree that the new software doesn''t look like happening anytime soon but hey ho it''s still the busiest and most popular Norwich forum around isnt it ?

Peter The Deleter has started a thread saying it is no more than a lick of paint Lapps. [:(][:''(]