Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Where is the new all singing all dancing Pink Un forum ?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Why have you changed your name on here Wiz seems odd seeing you as something else?

Me thinks you''re posting more on that other forum because you''ve left carrowroad.net  which you always used to advertise on here a lot [;)] I do read the other one but its quiet compared to this one and only seems to have about a dozen regular posters.

Back to the topic, I really don''t get why its taking a big company like Archant 9 months to move this forum to new software, just wonder if when Pete first mentioned it, that it was an idea  which he hasn''t had any support for from his employees?

[/quote]

Sorry CA but City Talk is my favourite site by far, no politics or bitching trolls for starters plus every poster gets total respect on there.

That I find attractive.

That''s just not true though is it Wiz?

This forum and the good people who post on it were subject to loads of abuse. Double standards? Most definitely!

Some posters on the "other forum" may have slated this one. Some posters on this forum have slated the "other forum". I don''t think it matters, does it?

Probably not Bor. But then I don''t think it matters where the football league AGM is held. If I did I''d probably be moved to post about it ;)

[quote user="chicken"]I hate edit buttons.

I visit forums that have them, don''t have them or in some cases have a mixture of both.

By the way TL, with the right know how a forum site can cost a lot, lot less than that to set up.

For those that are wondering, I disslike edit buttons on discussion forums like this because people (you know who I mean) would be editing their posts every time people disputed it and would then claim innocence or that someone had misunderstood etc.

The best compromise I have seen is only being able to edit a post until someone replies to it or for a time limited period eg 1hr.

Otherwise the onus is on people to think before they type and to take ownership and responsibility for what they have written.[/quote]The two main complaints about this forum always seemed to be the lack of an edit button and insufficient moderation. Not everyone (as above) seems to want the former, but as for the latter problem it is obvious SDP, without any fanfares, has solved that by recruiting a top-notch team from among the posters here.We now have a no-nonsense moderator-in-chief with an admirably muscular style and a rather more louche sidekick/locum to back up and fill in. When spelling mistakes in six-syllable words are being picked up I think we know we are in good hands!

Purple Canary : The two main complaints about this forum always seemed to be the lack of an edit button and insufficient moderation. Not everyone (as above) seems to want the former, but as for the latter problem it is obvious SDP, without any fanfares, has solved that by recruiting a top-notch team from among the posters here.  We now have a no-nonsense moderator-in-chief with an admirably muscular style and a rather more louche sidekick/locum to back up and fill in. When spelling mistakes in six-syllable words are being picked up I think we know we are in good hands!

I don''t know who you could mean Confused [*-)] , but this forum is described as "unmoderated" and it is up to a point, although SDP does keep an eye on it, for good reasons.  It could, however do without any self-appointed little hitlers patrolling it. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]I don''t know who you could mean Confused [*-)] , but this forum is described as "unmoderated" and it is up to a point, although SDP does keep an eye on it, for good reasons.  It could, however do without any self-appointed little hitlers patrolling it.[/quote]http://new1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/4608069+_a9e8378c7922728f3f274200ef2fc2d7.jpg

[quote user="Robert Poole "][quote user="cityangel"]

Why have you changed your name on here Wiz seems odd seeing you as something else?

Me thinks you''re posting more on that other forum because you''ve left carrowroad.net  which you always used to advertise on here a lot [;)] I do read the other one but its quiet compared to this one and only seems to have about a dozen regular posters.

Back to the topic, I really don''t get why its taking a big company like Archant 9 months to move this forum to new software, just wonder if when Pete first mentioned it, that it was an idea  which he hasn''t had any support for from his employees?

[/quote]

Sorry CA but City Talk is my favourite site by far, no politics or bitching trolls for starters plus every poster gets total respect on there.

That I find attractive.

[/quote]
Yes I can see they don''t allow bitching or arguing on there that''s presumably why they come on here to do it!
Glad you''ve found a forum you''re happy on Wiz.

It''s not about bitching or arguing CA, it''s about not putting up with attention seeking idiocy and trolls.

[quote user="morty"]It''s not about bitching or arguing CA, it''s about not putting up with attention seeking idiocy and trolls.[/quote]Or maybe on here its about not putting up with arrogant people who think they own the site and can lord it over others, mistreating them, lying, making stuff up and generally being abusive.   Cue: LDC attention seeking accusation, coming up..................or maybe LDC just speaks his mind and Morty doesn''t like that - mainly because he can''t control it.......thankfully.

I am starting to wonder if I have been too subtle in getting the point across that I really don''t care about Lackeys whiny issues.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="chicken"]I hate edit buttons.

I visit forums that have them, don''t have them or in some cases have a mixture of both.

By the way TL, with the right know how a forum site can cost a lot, lot less than that to set up.

For those that are wondering, I disslike edit buttons on discussion forums like this because people (you know who I mean) would be editing their posts every time people disputed it and would then claim innocence or that someone had misunderstood etc.

The best compromise I have seen is only being able to edit a post until someone replies to it or for a time limited period eg 1hr.

Otherwise the onus is on people to think before they type and to take ownership and responsibility for what they have written.[/quote]The two main complaints about this forum always seemed to be the lack of an edit button and insufficient moderation. Not everyone (as above) seems to want the former, but as for the latter problem it is obvious SDP, without any fanfares, has solved that by recruiting a top-notch team from among the posters here.We now have a no-nonsense moderator-in-chief with an admirably muscular style and a rather more louche sidekick/locum to back up and fill in. When spelling mistakes in six-syllable words are being picked up I think we know we are in good hands![/quote]
Why Purple, my dear fellow, if your horse were just a little less high I swear you could pat me on the head in an encouraging manner.

it''s being built by Carl Cort, Shola Ameobi and Fabio Quagliarella with our Mate Mel instructing them it will be ready "tomorrow"...

this is Archant we''re talking about... a media company yet to discover the joys of WiFi in the press room!

This new mythical forum was only ever promised in a vain attempt to halt the mass exodus to the superb Norwich Talk site. ....transparent behaviour by Archant. [:@]

[quote user="Robyn Loxley"]This new mythical forum was only ever promised in a vain attempt to halt the mass exodus to the superb Norwich Talk site. ....transparent behaviour by Archant. [:@][/quote]

And that''s all it took? The promise of something that probably wouldn''t be delivered, no wonder the Tories got back in. [;)]

I would doubt very much if Archant intend spending any money upgrading this forum.

[quote user="morty"]I would doubt very much if Archant intend spending any money upgrading this forum.[/quote]Agree. Posters keep posting, and the board isn''t totally inundated with spam. I doubt the user experience is of any importance to Archant unless it negatively impacts measurables (traffic/ad banner click-throughs).It''s not ideal, but if people just ignored the things/posters they didn''t like it''d be a lot better. The majority of the ''banter'' on here is fair enough.

[quote user="Robyn Loxley"]This new mythical forum was only ever promised in a vain attempt to halt the mass exodus to the superb Norwich Talk site. ....transparent behaviour by Archant. [:@][/quote]Mass exodus initially Wiz, but very quickly reversed as you well know.  Disappointing for the supporters of Norwich Talk, but it has not succeeded in taking over from the Pink ''Un, you are in cloud cuckoo land if you think that.  Looking at the number of members who post, and the number of posts daily, the stats are very disappointing even allowing for the close season.  I am not always a lover of this forum, but there is no comparison in popularity between the two, so stop pretending there is.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Robyn Loxley"]This new mythical forum was only ever promised in a vain attempt to halt the mass exodus to the superb Norwich Talk site. ....transparent behaviour by Archant. [:@][/quote]

Mass exodus initially Wiz, but very quickly reversed as you well know.  Disappointing for the supporters of Norwich Talk, but it has not succeeded in taking over from the Pink ''Un, you are in cloud cuckoo land if you think that.  Looking at the number of members who post, and the number of posts daily, the stats are very disappointing even allowing for the close season.  I am not always a lover of this forum, but there is no comparison in popularity between the two, so stop pretending there is.
[/quote]

The comparison is Rob, personal grudges, trolls and spats are rife on here, on Norwich Talk they''re not, ''bigger'' isn''t everything as you well know!! [;)]

[quote user="Robyn Loxley"]

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Robyn Loxley"]This new mythical forum was only ever promised in a vain attempt to halt the mass exodus to the superb Norwich Talk site. ....transparent behaviour by Archant. [:@][/quote]Mass exodus initially Wiz, but very quickly reversed as you well know.  Disappointing for the supporters of Norwich Talk, but it has not succeeded in taking over from the Pink ''Un, you are in cloud cuckoo land if you think that.  Looking at the number of members who post, and the number of posts daily, the stats are very disappointing even allowing for the close season.  I am not always a lover of this forum, but there is no comparison in popularity between the two, so stop pretending there is.[/quote]

The comparison is Rob, personal grudges, trolls and spats are rife on here, on Norwich Talk they''re not, ''bigger'' isn''t everything as you well know!! [;)]

[/quote]Glad you and I are still ''talking''......[;)]

I cant imagine that anyone on here would know the answer to that Morty, Archant would be the best people to email and ask

Doesn''t seem to affect the traffic on here though as it seems to have been really busy these past few weeks.

''So, do we have a firm date yet for the forum upgrade?''

No Morty, Mustard (I mean Archant) aren''t sure when it''ll go live!!!

What has amount of traffic on the forum got to do with anything CA?

And no real need to mither anyone by email, it was a slightly rhetorical question, I have a fair idea what the answer is anyway.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Robyn Loxley"]This new mythical forum was only ever promised in a vain attempt to halt the mass exodus to the superb Norwich Talk site. ....transparent behaviour by Archant. [:@][/quote]

Mass exodus initially Wiz, but very quickly reversed as you well know.  Disappointing for the supporters of Norwich Talk, but it has not succeeded in taking over from the Pink ''Un, you are in cloud cuckoo land if you think that.  Looking at the number of members who post, and the number of posts daily, the stats are very disappointing even allowing for the close season.  I am not always a lover of this forum, but there is no comparison in popularity between the two, so stop pretending there is.
[/quote]

[/quote]

And yet, here you are Wizard, hanging around on this forum sticking the knife in. Isn''t it wonderful to be holier than thou as long as you''ve got a place where you can play in the dirt.

Nice one Ruthers!

(I would have quoted you, but am on Internet explorer, and it doesn''t work ;) )