Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Where is the new all singing all dancing Pink Un forum ?

[quote user="cityangel"]Its been nearly 9 months since this was first mentioned so could we have an update please Pete.
I know there''s thousands of posts to move but surely it doesn''t take that long with the resources Archant have at their disposal.
New software will stop a lot of the problems on here like  banned people re-registering and people changing their names, I haven''t got a clue who''s who most of the time
Maybe we should make a list of their before and after names [:)]
[/quote]

Yes, there are far too many problems on here ........ and this is one of them!

Re-designed site in the next month or so. Forum will take a little longer I''m afraid (although the look of it may change somewhat with the site re-design) as it''s low down on the timetable of site upgrades - and there are a LOT of sites. I won''t give up campaigning for a new messageboard though so, as always, watch this space.

There isn''t much wrong with the site imo.  It is one of the clearest sites there is and it easy to use  - there are issues surrounding different browsers, but it is relatively simple to download a browser that works well with it, such as firefox.   One of the main problem with other sites is that there is too much information on a page, or poor colour contrasts.  People can moan about it, but there are a lot of newer forums out there that are visually/practically not as good as this one, imo.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Re-designed site in the next month or so. Forum will take a little longer I''m afraid (although the look of it may change somewhat with the site re-design) as it''s low down on the timetable of site upgrades - and there are a LOT of sites. I won''t give up campaigning for a new messageboard though so, as always, watch this space.[/quote]
Sounds good to me Pete.
Listen, if you want to make a big improvement to the forum then could you consider charging a membership fee?  The same amount as the cost of Canary Player should do it.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Re-designed site in the next month or so. Forum will take a little longer I''m afraid (although the look of it may change somewhat with the site re-design) as it''s low down on the timetable of site upgrades - and there are a LOT of sites. I won''t give up campaigning for a new messageboard though so, as always, watch this space.[/quote]
Sounds good to me Pete.
Listen, if you want to make a big improvement to the forum then could you consider charging a membership fee?  The same amount as the cost of Canary Player should do it.
[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Re-designed site in the next month or so. Forum will take a little longer I''m afraid (although the look of it may change somewhat with the site re-design) as it''s low down on the timetable of site upgrades - and there are a LOT of sites. I won''t give up campaigning for a new messageboard though so, as always, watch this space.[/quote]

Sounds good to me Pete.
[/quote]

Rolling On The Floor Laughing Animated Gif Funny friday

This and any community is only as good as it''s members. So take a bow you lot because it''s far and away the best Norwich forum on the net. There are technical issues that seem to upset some people but mainly we get over them and they don''t detract from our enjoyment. For me they enhance it as I watch doctors and captains of industry falling flat on their faces when given a simple task like quoting a post.

I remember a few months ago being told everyone was going to jump ship onto some shiny new technically superior forum. I watched a predictable few jump ship, sign up and feel the need to slate this community when joining. I think there was some kind of points system where they''d be a better born again poster if they''d really laced into the Pink Un. We didn''t miss them and as far as I can see they bored the tits off eachother in the other place.

A forum worth it''s salt will reflect personalities and encourage individuality. Those two qualities, amongst others, set this forum apart. It reflects how we are off the internet and is a lot more "real life" than the place which had delusions of becoming our replacement.

Long live the Pink Un I say! New software or not!!

Never bores me Bor...

But then we''re not all the same which helps make this forum so good. I expect in the other place they''d all agree though[;)]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Don''t confuse expressing an opinion with megalomania.

To be fair, an easy mistake for the stupid to make.[/quote]Oh I think you know exactly what I mean.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Nope, I don''t speak Moron.[/quote]Maybe not, but underneath the thin veneer that is your humour, you are nasty, viscious and unpleasant.  Live and let live.

I have noticed a steady increase of posters from here now posting more on the excellent Norwich Talk. ......I can only wonder as to why.[Y]

And good luck to them Wiz. Do they still have to slate the Pink Un to gain acceptance?

This place is better for seeing the back of the first lot after they let us know what they really thought of us.

Why have you returned after your latest high profile "delete my account" flounce? ;)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]And good luck to them Wiz. Do they still have to slate the Pink Un to gain acceptance? This place is better for seeing the back of the first lot after they let us know what they really thought of us. Why have you returned after your latest high profile "delete my account" flounce? ;)[/quote]

Because quite simply Nutty, both sites have their merits, its just that I prefer one to another.

Yes Wiz. I recognised the positives when the other place first appeared. I could see how the two forums could be good for each other. But those who used the new place as a platform to slate the Pink Un weren''t interested and even predicted this forums demise. In reality this forum markedly improved in their absence :)

You''d have to wonder how sensible it is to run forum software which has an 8 year old denial of service vulnerability. The software vendor can''t be bothered to fix security vulnerabilites in such ancient versions of their products, which leaves this messageboard open to hackers being able to bring it to a virtual halt for extended periods.Not upgrading is shortsighted and just plain dumb.

[quote user="Robert Poole "]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]And good luck to them Wiz. Do they still have to slate the Pink Un to gain acceptance? This place is better for seeing the back of the first lot after they let us know what they really thought of us. Why have you returned after your latest high profile "delete my account" flounce? ;)[/quote]

Because quite simply Nutty, both sites have their merits, its just that I prefer one to another.

[/quote]
Why have you changed your name on here Wiz seems odd seeing you as something else?
Me thinks you''re posting more on that other forum because you''ve left carrowroad.net  which you always used to advertise on here a lot [;)] I do read the other one but its quiet compared to this one and only seems to have about a dozen regular posters.
Back to the topic, I really don''t get why its taking a big company like Archant 9 months to move this forum to new software, just wonder if when Pete first mentioned it, that it was an idea  which he hasn''t had any support for from his employees?

Oh for an edit button lol

When I said I do read the other one, I did mean the other forum you''re posting on now called nchtalk