Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Tonights Squad

Norwich City’s 20-man squad for the visit of OGC Nice: John Ruddy (GK), Steven Whittaker, Bradley Johnson, Russell Martin (c), Michael Turner, Lewis Grabban, Anthony Pilkington, Wes Hoolahan, Jamar Loza, Elliott Bennett, Javier Garrido, Josh Murphy, Nathan Redmond, Ryan Bennett, Jacob Murphy, Declan Rudd (GK), Andrew Surman, Kyle Callan-McFadden*, Reece Hall-Johnson, Carlton Morris

EVEN CARLTON MORRIS IS AHEAD OF BECCHIO.

Yer i didnt notice his name was missing. Seems to be quite a few missing pre season games. Especially striker wise. No Lafferty, RVW or Hooper tonight.

So out of 20 there, i''d class 7 as youth players. I hope this isn''t the starting signs of a player exodus. Olsson the most worrying omission.

Be more interesting to see who plays friday. Im hoping we are just being a bit cautious over knocks etc. Some of these players need some minutes tho.

I would be slightly concerned should this be our squad a start of season. Am more concerned with lack of transfer activity or news either in or out. Get it if NA is giving the youth a taste of the first team dressing room but really shouldn''t we have our strongest available squad in our last two friendlies?

[quote user="canarycop"]I would be slightly concerned should this be our squad a start of season. Am more concerned with lack of transfer activity or news either in or out. Get it if NA is giving the youth a taste of the first team dressing room but really shouldn''t we have our strongest available squad in our last two friendlies?[/quote]Do you honestly believe that that squad put out tonight is the one we will start the season with?

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Be more interesting to see who plays friday. Im hoping we are just being a bit cautious over knocks etc. Some of these players need some minutes tho.[/quote]

I''m hoping the same too.

Morty I don''t for one minute think this is the squad we will start the season with. I said I would be concerned if we did though. I believe we have irons in the fire and that the board and management are keeping cards close to chest.

At least I hope they are

[quote user="canarycop"]Morty I don''t for one minute think this is the squad we will start the season with. I said I would be concerned if we did though. I believe we have irons in the fire and that the board and management are keeping cards close to chest.

At least I hope they are[/quote]But if we don''t sell anyone, we don''t need to buy anyone[;)]As others have said, its just about getting people who didn''t maybe go on tour, some gametime.And if we do sell players and don''t have replacements lined up, then I will also be concerned.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]According to the Pink''un, Hooper has a knock.[/quote]Clearly at West Ham, as we speak[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]According to the Pink''un, Hooper has a knock.[/quote]

Clearly at West Ham, as we speak[;)]
[/quote]

Anyone seen the scans?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]According to the Pink''un, Hooper has a knock.[/quote]Clearly at West Ham, as we speak[;)][/quote]

Anyone seen the scans?

[/quote]*waves hand in front of you Obi Wan Kenobi jedi mind trick stylee*Scans are available should you want to see them.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]According to the Pink''un, Hooper has a knock.[/quote]Clearly at West Ham, as we speak[;)][/quote]

That would require a PL team to be dumb enough to have any interest in him, which, yeah... Isn''t happening.

questions for the Radio Norfolk reporter to ask tonight...

1. why wasn''t Martin Olsson in the squad and, if injured, why wasn''t this specifically mentioned in the official pre-match press release like all the other players?

2. when do you expect Gary Hooper / Lafferty / RvW / Fer / Howson to return to the squad?

3. how long do you expect the wool to continue to be pulled over our eyes?

The plan seems to be to replace experienced professionals with kids if any of our ''top'' players leave. Don''t expect any ambitious signings as long as McNasty has his hands on the purse strings.

We know what most of the squad can do, this is a chance for the youth players to give themselves a chance of staying here instead of being shipped out on loan. I expect a more realistic starting 11 on Friday.

After ask, Adams keeping his cards close to his chest could make the Wolves game an interesting one of even our own fans cannot guess the lineup or tactics!

I expect we will see most of the players that haven''t played tonight playing in the next match.

As it is about minutes, it is better to give some of the younger lads some game time with the senior players

Interesting tweet;

Kris Handel ‏@khandel84 14m

@paddyjdavitt luckily Hooper wasn''t on the field or the goals wouldn''t have come...

Seems that jaemae2 is not the only American City fan who can not stand Hooper.

Or could it possibly be...