Sign in to follow this  
no1canary

team against mk dons

it now looks like marney will have a go in cm with safri, which i think is only good news! full of energy, and he CAN PASS, GET FORWARD AND SHOOT! with safri along side him, this could blossom into what we have been looking for. mcveigh out on the right and hucks on the left. ashton and mckenzie to finally get some decent service through the centre and from the wings.

lets hope hey!

[quote]it now looks like marney will have a go in cm with safri, which i think is only good news! full of energy, and he CAN PASS, GET FORWARD AND SHOOT! with safri along side him, this could blossom into wh...[/quote]

I agree, trying Marney in Centre mid is worth a go! He has been putting in some decent crosses though so lets hope if McVeigh plays he can do the same!! I wonder whether Worthy might give Hendo a go on the right though?? He does seem quite a fan of Hendersonal although I think MK Dons will be quite physical and therefore McKenzie may do better!! I would quite like to see Henderson given a chance up front with Ashton at some point but I doubt it will happen!

I''d like to see some of the youngsters given a game. Let''s give Henderson or Jarvis a game in their PROPER position. Let''s try out Doherty alongside Shackell. Let''s give McVeigh a go on the right hand side to see what he can do.

Of course, none of those will happen.

Marney and Safri - like it!

So:                Green

Colin      Shackell    Charlton   Drury (please be fit!)

Safri

McVeigh   Marney    Jarrett     Huckerby

Ashton

[quote]I would be tempted to make sweeping changes, giving those on the fringes a chance to play and to show what they can do. McVeigh, Jarvis, Brennan, Hendo, Thorne and the rest - let them have a go.[/quote]

Maybe....but you have to be careful. When Worthy tried Hendo and Jarvis up front for the cup match against Northampton town two seasons ago it backfired big style. I think he will take the match tomorrow pretty seriously as it''s a chance to get a win under our belt and a good cup run would be welcome! Of course the league is priority but a good win tomorrow would give the team confidence.

Right, I would, like all of you, like to see Marney partner Safri. And because of what someone posted on another board it is probably going to happen with McVeigh on the right.Worthy always plays a slightly weaker team for cup matches anyway, and this person also said Brennan would be on the left of midfield again, with Leon and Thorne upfront.The fact that, that team doesn''t include Deano or Hucks probably just means he''s resting them.

I think we should play our strongest side and get a good win under our belt to gain confidence and get that winning feeling back.  No point resting our key players, they need to be part of the winning formula as well...just my two cents worth