Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

3 + to leave?

http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=364776

Of course the source isn''t great, but it''s another opinion on the spider web of transfers..

Comment in link is here -

"I went to the Nice

friendly last night and if you were there then you will know that there

were some big names missing from the squad sheet.Speculation has

been rife all summer around Fer, Hooper and Olsson all being targets

for other clubs and reports are coming in on a daily basis.Here is what I learnt from a person that I consider to be a good source, about what is likely to happen, last night.Leroy

Fer will definitely be leaving, although I don''t know where he will go.

The two most likely destinations are QPR and Southampton and the

presence of Rangers'' Gary O''Neill in the stands last night adds extra

weight to that one.Martin Olsson has been the subject of bids

from three different clubs, including West Ham and Southampton - he

wasn''t in the squad last night due to a ''private matter in Sweden'',

according to Neil Adams. Make of that what you will.Finally

we come to Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Norwich City''s white elephant and

record signing. He is being lined up for a loan move to the continent,

presumably to rebuild his confidence and shift his wages for a season.

That makes sense.Personally, I would rather that they all

stayed. If they did we''d have a cracking squad for a tilt at promotion. I

suppose it''s inevitable that the sharks will start circling when a club

is relegated but as a fan, it doesn''t make it any easier to take. Of

course, none of these deals are set in stone yet and although I can''t

reveal my source, I can tell you that I trust them and that they''ve been

right with things in the past. I know everyone has a mate like that but

if you follow Vital Norwich, then you''ll know I don''t post this sort of

speculation too often without any facts to back it up.So, as I say, I don''t want this all to be true and hope it''s just more speculation but I expect us to find out soon enough.OTBC "

Looks like nonsense. The fact they said "Rangers" Gary O''Neil discredits this as he''s owned by nobody currently.

They all yet might leave, they all yet might stay but I personally think that there is nothing to report at the moment.

Why would we bother taking the likes of Olsson and co if we had a real prospect of selling him?

As for the Wolf, it''s a shame he picked up his little niggle (if he even did) as we''d know a bit more if he hadn''t. I just don''t see the point in loaning him out unless a team pays us a massive up front fee. We should either keep him or sell him. The problem of what to do with him would only resurface next summer if we just loaned him out and our bargaining position could be worse by then.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Nothing new in that report. Just a nobody blogger trying to make himself look ITK.[/quote]^^^ThisAny player who was missing last night has been adequately explained by the club.

[quote user="whoareyou"]I would still be surprised if any of Fer, Rvw, Hooper and Olsson are here on 1st September.[/quote]And if they aren''t we will have a big bag of cash to spend on already scouted replacements.No problemo.[H]

Yes but we wont be able to replace with players of equal ability as they just wont want to play in the Championship.I''m not overly disappointed about being the Premier League this year as at least we will win more than 8 games and might see some decent entertainment but it does make you realise how being relegated effectively means starting from scratch with rebuilding.I would not be surprised to see a 10-0 thrashing or more for someone at the lower rung of the Premier League this year, the gap is so huge between the top 4 and the rest.

[quote user="whoareyou"]Yes but we wont be able to replace with players of equal ability as they just wont want to play in the Championship.I''m not overly disappointed about being the Premier League this year as at least we will win more than 8 games and might see some decent entertainment but it does make you realise how being relegated effectively means starting from scratch with rebuilding.I would not be surprised to see a 10-0 thrashing or more for someone at the lower rung of the Premier League this year, the gap is so huge between the top 4 and the rest.[/quote]But you wouldn''t look to replace them with players of equal ability. If you''re playing in the Championship then you need players of a standard suitable, who are happy to be there, and who want to push themselves to be better.Neil Adams kinda shot himself in the foot when he said "If players leave, we will be looking to replace them with better players"Our mission, should we choose to accept it, is to get out of the Championship. We can worry about the Premiership if and when we get there.We really don''t need to start from scratch though, as we''re financially in good nick, and we have contracted players sensibly.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="whoareyou"]I would still be surprised if any of Fer, Rvw, Hooper and Olsson are here on 1st September.[/quote]And if they aren''t we will have a big bag of cash to spend on already scouted replacements.No problemo.[H][/quote]What, with the transfer window shut?

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="whoareyou"]I would still be surprised if any of Fer, Rvw, Hooper and Olsson are here on 1st September.[/quote]And if they aren''t we will have a big bag of cash to spend on already scouted replacements.No problemo.[H][/quote]What, with the transfer window shut?[/quote]Idiot.We have competent people in charge at our club, and we have money to spend. See my "already scouted" comment that you chose to ignore.We''re not paupers like you, if a player leaves, he leaves on our terms.

BBC reported Adams as saying ...

"We''re certainly not done, but it will probably depend on players going out - we know we need to strengthen, so there will probably be one or two coming in, but it depends on players going out.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="whoareyou"]I would still be surprised if any of Fer, Rvw, Hooper and Olsson are here on 1st September.[/quote]And if they aren''t we will have a big bag of cash to spend on already scouted replacements.No problemo.[H][/quote]What, with the transfer window shut?[/quote]Idiot.We have competent people in charge at our club, and we have money to spend. See my "already scouted" comment that you chose to ignore.We''re not paupers like you, if a player leaves, he leaves on our terms.[/quote]Seems to me as per Adams'' BBC quote today that you can''t ''strengthen'' until your big-money flops are pushed overboard. If you think player power isn''t as strong as it''s ever been in Football you''re frankly deluded.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="whoareyou"]I would still be surprised if any of Fer, Rvw, Hooper and Olsson are here on 1st September.[/quote]And if they aren''t we will have a big bag of cash to spend on already scouted replacements.No problemo.[H][/quote]What, with the transfer window shut?[/quote]Idiot.We have competent people in charge at our club, and we have money to spend. See my "already scouted" comment that you chose to ignore.We''re not paupers like you, if a player leaves, he leaves on our terms.[/quote]Seems to me as per Adams'' BBC quote today that you can''t ''strengthen'' until your big-money flops are pushed overboard. If you think player power isn''t as strong as it''s ever been in Football you''re frankly deluded.[/quote]Bitter much lol?No, we have no need to strengthen until someone leaves, we already have a decent sized quality squad.Like I said, we''re not looking down the back of the sofa for shrapnel to buy a new player, or save up for a better academy.You''re frankly deluded if you think you can come here and look down your nose at us.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="whoareyou"]I would still be surprised if any of Fer, Rvw, Hooper and Olsson are here on 1st September.[/quote]And if they aren''t we will have a big bag of cash to spend on already scouted replacements.No problemo.[H][/quote]What, with the transfer window shut?[/quote]Idiot.We have competent people in charge at our club, and we have money to spend. See my "already scouted" comment that you chose to ignore.We''re not paupers like you, if a player leaves, he leaves on our terms.[/quote]Seems to me as per Adams'' BBC quote today that you can''t ''strengthen'' until your big-money flops are pushed overboard. If you think player power isn''t as strong as it''s ever been in Football you''re frankly deluded.[/quote]Bitter much lol?No, we have no need to strengthen until someone leaves, we already have a decent sized quality squad.Like I said, we''re not looking down the back of the sofa for shrapnel to buy a new player, or save up for a better academy.You''re frankly deluded if you think you can come here and look down your nose at us.[/quote]And as some of your more reasoned fans have suggested: you''re in the same division as us now. If you don''t bounce back at the first attempt it''s very often a struggle to get back. Thanks for resorting to childish insults, but I guess working in the middle of the North Sea outside civilisation does that to you.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="whoareyou"]I would still be surprised if any of Fer, Rvw, Hooper and Olsson are here on 1st September.[/quote]And if they aren''t we will have a big bag of cash to spend on already scouted replacements.No problemo.[H][/quote]What, with the transfer window shut?[/quote]Idiot.We have competent people in charge at our club, and we have money to spend. See my "already scouted" comment that you chose to ignore.We''re not paupers like you, if a player leaves, he leaves on our terms.[/quote]Seems to me as per Adams'' BBC quote today that you can''t ''strengthen'' until your big-money flops are pushed overboard. If you think player power isn''t as strong as it''s ever been in Football you''re frankly deluded.[/quote]oh dear you are not very bright are you binboy ?if there is this supposed ''player power'' then why would they be being pushed overboard ?..............now why not tell us why your dimwitted fans could not see that your impovershised club could not afford Cat 1or why has your ''hinvestor'' pocketed the Ccresswell money leaving poor old ''beaker'' to scrabble amongst the bins of other clubs for freebies and discards ?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="whoareyou"]I would still be surprised if any of Fer, Rvw, Hooper and Olsson are here on 1st September.[/quote]And if they aren''t we will have a big bag of cash to spend on already scouted replacements.No problemo.[H][/quote]What, with the transfer window shut?[/quote]Idiot.We have competent people in charge at our club, and we have money to spend. See my "already scouted" comment that you chose to ignore.We''re not paupers like you, if a player leaves, he leaves on our terms.[/quote]Seems to me as per Adams'' BBC quote today that you can''t ''strengthen'' until your big-money flops are pushed overboard. If you think player power isn''t as strong as it''s ever been in Football you''re frankly deluded.[/quote]oh dear you are not very bright are you binboy ?if there is this supposed ''player power'' then why would they be being pushed overboard ?..............now why not tell us why your dimwitted fans could not see that your impovershised club could not afford Cat 1or why has your ''hinvestor'' pocketed the Ccresswell money leaving poor old ''beaker'' to scrabble amongst the bins of other clubs for freebies and discards ?

[/quote]They''ll be flogged because they don''t want to be there. They''ve had a taste of top flight footy and will want more. That''s the modern day football food chain I''m afraid.Our impoverished club is on a level playing field where it matters - on the field - so let''s just see how things develop over the next 4-6 months, eh?

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="whoareyou"]I would still be surprised if any of Fer, Rvw, Hooper and Olsson are here on 1st September.[/quote]And if they aren''t we will have a big bag of cash to spend on already scouted replacements.No problemo.[H][/quote]What, with the transfer window shut?[/quote]Idiot.We have competent people in charge at our club, and we have money to spend. See my "already scouted" comment that you chose to ignore.We''re not paupers like you, if a player leaves, he leaves on our terms.[/quote]Seems to me as per Adams'' BBC quote today that you can''t ''strengthen'' until your big-money flops are pushed overboard. If you think player power isn''t as strong as it''s ever been in Football you''re frankly deluded.[/quote]Bitter much lol?No, we have no need to strengthen until someone leaves, we already have a decent sized quality squad.Like I said, we''re not looking down the back of the sofa for shrapnel to buy a new player, or save up for a better academy.You''re frankly deluded if you think you can come here and look down your nose at us.[/quote]And as some of your more reasoned fans have suggested: you''re in the same division as us now. If you don''t bounce back at the first attempt it''s very often a struggle to get back. Thanks for resorting to childish insults, but I guess working in the middle of the North Sea outside civilisation does that to you.[/quote]Your blue face being here is insulting.And I have never worked in the North Sea.

On a level playing field, how many times have Ipswich made it out of the league (or into the play offs) over the last 10+ years? You have been a dull, boring, middle of the table club. That''s where your destiny lays, probably fighting off relegation with little money to buy players this coming season. Be more concerned about that than NCFC.

When all''s said and done, Ricky, Fer, Tettey Olsson and any other player we have that others are interested in are contracted to us for some years yet, so they''re not going anywhere unless the club feels it''s in their interests. So probably not worth worrying about overall.

There doesn''t seem to be much of a strategy for transfers except buy cheap and don''t sell anyone if you don''t need to. Sounds good on paper, but the reality is we''re going to have another firesale and end up with a first team squad full of kids.

[quote user="Down in the Chumps"]There doesn''t seem to be much of a strategy for transfers except buy cheap and don''t sell anyone if you don''t need to. Sounds good on paper, but the reality is we''re going to have another firesale and end up with a first team squad full of kids.[/quote]

There doesn''t seem to be much of one at Portaloo Rd either does there? It''s just scraping up all the rubbish no one else wants on a free.

[quote user="Id flee to 1p5wich tomorrow..."][quote user="Down in the Chumps"]There doesn''t seem to be much of a strategy for transfers except buy cheap and don''t sell anyone if you don''t need to. Sounds good on paper, but the reality is we''re going to have another firesale and end up with a first team squad full of kids.[/quote]

There doesn''t seem to be much of one at Portaloo Rd either does there? It''s just scraping up all the rubbish no one else wants on a free.[/quote]Debt is seldom a sound strategy, but despite their poor financial situation they have opted for an experienced manager with a reasonable record at club and international level. We have appointed a former local radio football commentator who hasn''t managed at a higher level than an under 18s team.

[quote user="Down in the Chumps"]experienced manager with a reasonable record at club and international level. We have appointed a former local radio football commentator[/quote]Yep!  Praise the scum up whist knocking our own club. Not difficult to see where your loyalties are...

When I saw the title I have to admit I thought it was a no brainer.- Bassong- BecchioAnd perhaps one other from Hooper, Fer or Wolfswinkel. This could be exactly what Adams is talking about. They are not going to bring in players until they know they have got the likes of Bassong and Becchio off of the wage bill and they have a better idea of what they have in budget, to deal with.Fer is an interesting one. Rumours today suggest that Fellaini is on the move. If that is the case then I can see the Man Utd rumours resurfacing as well. As it stands though, how desperate is he for another season in the prem? QPR have already proven that money can''t buy you success and it''s a very topsey-turvey club. Southampton have just had a yard sale and are currently left with a space, bucket with a hole in it and a small primary school science project. Not exactly solid options for Fer who could wait until January and see how the land lies then.

Pitchforks & Torches - On a level playing field, how many times have Ipswich made it out of the league (or into the play offs) over the last 10+ years? You have been a dull, boring, middle of the table club. That''s where your destiny lays, probably fighting off relegation with little money to buy players this coming season. Be more concerned about that than NCFC

" little money " ?I think you mean NO moneyjust as there was NO money for Cat 1 academy

but there was money to fill Evans back pocket - from the sale of Cresswell

time to put the poor old donkey out of his misery