Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Dont Sell Hooper or Redmond !!!

I wasnt too concerned about losing players because i had a

feeling we would hold on to most of our players but i have a sneaky feeling we are really going to be tested in the next 30 days. As much as i like Fer & Olsson i dont see there departures as too much of a problem. As i would expect players like Garrido to be decent at this level. But i think Hooper & Redmond will be the difference between going up and not. After what ive read over the last few days and what Adams has been saying i just cant help but think we will be losing some key players. We need to keep Hooper & Redmond simple as that, plus i have Hooper top championship scorer at 20/1 ;-)

Olsson will be a massive loss if we''re going to favour a diamond this season. He''s got everything as a proper wing back, which is what''s needed to really get the best out of a diamond.

I have a feeling Nathan Redmond could be our version of Theo Walcott (albeit made of sterner stuff and not injured nearly as often) - occasionally brilliant, which masks the fact 80% of what he does goes nowhere and leads to nothing.  If we got a double figure millions bid then I would take it and go for someone less mercurial (and potentially brilliant) but more consistent to replace him - 46 games is a long long season.Oh, I''d sell Hooper too as I think he''s sh*te.

Apart from rumours about Fer to Southampton or QPR (who are unlikely to pay the going rate £6m+ and they can stick Henry). And West Ham in for Hooper which I don''t believe. I cannot see any players leaving.

RVW rumours seem to be unlikely after last season debacle except for ridiculous offers that we will reject as RVW not bad player overnight.

Redmond will stay as the clubs putting in offers will not make the eye watering bids needed to let him go. Zaha at £15m Redmond equally as promising.

Olsson could walk into most Premier clubs but not seen any offers except for W Ham earlier bid.

Tettey making mischief I doubt Premier club making realistic offer they wouldn''t have seem him enough last season to be impressed enough to make a proper bid he will be staying.

Except for Fer I cannot see any other players leaving unless offers we cannot refuse.

Too many people expected Redmond to be the finished article at 19. Injuries to Pilks meant that he was shoved in at the deep end against PL opponents. He did well enough, IMO, but not well enough for some. Under a more attacking style with Adams (and another year''s experience) he looks much better and he obviously relished his forward role against Nice. I, for one, would hate to see him go.

Hooper is harder to call. He started well enough and scored the goal of the season against Swansea, but then lost his way in the second half of the season. He''s not a sole striker, IMO, and will thrive under Adams. Our fate will probably be decided by who stays and who goes, but I''d like to see both stay.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I have a feeling Nathan Redmond could be our version of Theo Walcott (albeit made of sterner stuff and not injured nearly as often) - occasionally brilliant, which masks the fact 80% of what he does goes nowhere and leads to nothing.  If we got a double figure millions bid then I would take it and go for someone less mercurial (and potentially brilliant) but more consistent to replace him - 46 games is a long long season.Oh, I''d sell Hooper too as I think he''s sh*te.[/quote]

That''s a smart thought.

However, it''s not like anyone has any interest. Both QPR and West Ham have put offers in for Mathieu Valbuena and have only been linked to Hooper through BS websites who make crap up. There''s been no offers or interest from clubs in him, unfortunately I have to say.

QPR aren''t selling Remy anymore, and have also bought Kolbeinn Sigthrorrson which just hasn''t been announced due to paperwork, they have ZERO interest and are about to put a bid in for Deeney as well.

West Ham bought Valencia, plus the bid for Valbuena... Yeah, they aren''t going to bid.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]I wasnt too concerned about losing players because i had a feeling we would hold on to most of our players but i have a sneaky feeling we are really going to be tested in the next 30 days. As much as i like Fer & Olsson i dont see there departures as too much of a problem. As i would expect players like Garrido to be decent at this level. But i think Hooper & Redmond will be the difference between going up and not. After what ive read over the last few days and what Adams has been saying i just cant help but think we will be losing some key players. We need to keep Hooper & Redmond simple as that, plus i have Hooper top championship scorer at 20/1 ;-)[/quote]

Totally agree with this, a damn good call sir.[Y]

The big worry for me is Southampton- having been stripped of half their squad they are going to be needing a few decent signings. Redmond and Fer would both seem to fit the bill but if we do sell to them we need to be holding out for top dollar.

With QPR, Leicester & Burnley all in for Troy Deeney i cant help but think whoever misses out in that battle could maybe move for Hooper, well hopefully not. I think Southampton will come.in for Redmond again with a serious bid this time, a bit like they have with Fraser Forster.

I said it 2 months ago and my feelings havent changed Ruddy, Redmond & Hooper need to stay if we want to do anything at this level.

I would be happy to sacrifice Hooper if Redmond stayed.Well not happy, ideally both staying would be the best outcome, but if it was a straight choice.But thats assuming Ricky stays.Lol, this is complicated.

[quote user="morty"]I would be happy to sacrifice Hooper if Redmond stayed.Well not happy, ideally both staying would be the best outcome, but if it was a straight choice.But thats assuming Ricky stays.Lol, this is complicated.[/quote]No its not Morty, we keep all we have as there all under contracts. Easy lol

I think hooper is the key to our promotion. He scored for fun in the SPL and the championship beforehand, although it didn''t work out for him in the PL with us, it didn''t work out for anyone last season, especially strikers

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"]I would be happy to sacrifice Hooper if Redmond stayed.Well not happy, ideally both staying would be the best outcome, but if it was a straight choice.But thats assuming Ricky stays.Lol, this is complicated.[/quote]No its not Morty, we keep all we have as there all under contracts. Easy lol[/quote]Yeah, not sure I''ll be betting on that happening unfortunately lol.In fact, to expand, I''d lose Hooper and Fer, if it meant keeping Ricky, Redmond and Olsson.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think hooper is the key to our promotion. He scored for fun in the SPL and the championship beforehand, although it didn''t work out for him in the PL with us, it didn''t work out for anyone last season, especially strikers[/quote]I''d love to keep him too, but if we had a front line of RvW, Lafferty, Grabban and Loza, with Redmond wading it with goals, I reckon that would be good enough.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"]I would be happy to sacrifice Hooper if Redmond stayed.Well not happy, ideally both staying would be the best outcome, but if it was a straight choice.But thats assuming Ricky stays.Lol, this is complicated.[/quote]No its not Morty, we keep all we have as there all under contracts. Easy lol[/quote]Yeah, not sure I''ll be betting on that happening unfortunately lol.In fact, to expand, I''d lose Hooper and Fer, if it meant keeping Ricky, Redmond and Olsson.

[/quote]Well i wouldnt mind that as I still have Ricky at 40/1 top championship scorer :)

morty wrote the following post at 30/07/2014 11:27 AM:

I''d love to keep him too, but if we had a front line of RvW, Lafferty, Grabban and Loza, with Redmond wading it with goals, I reckon that would be good enough.

-------------------------------------------

Not for me personally.

RVW- who knows?

Lafferty- never been prolific

Grabban- had a good season last year but needs a lot of chances to score, bounemouth fans said he''s not really what you would call prolific

Loza- youngster

Redmond- is a winger, could play in CAM, known for his shooting to always go off target, though scored a great goal in pre season friendly. Most effective in midfield imo

Another scenario which worries me is a mini exodus on deadline day when its too late to replace players.

I would hope in that situation the club would flat out refuse to sell unless we had a guaranteed replacement.

It would be a disaster to lose Hooper on the back of Snodgrass. Redmond would also be a significant loss; Hughes, for instance, clearly is of the view that coaching can improve the quality of his crossing. I find it difficult to believe that a club will come in for RvW on the other hand.

Well its hard to imagine a british club coming in for Ricky, but not clubs in other European leagues I don''t think, especially for a knock down price.

This close to the start of the season I think a players valuation from other clubs is irrelevant. The likes of hooper may be valued at 6+M but he would pretty much guarantee you 20/25 goals and that can equate to 80/90 million along with promotion.

Realistically I think it''s a matter of time til we lose the likes of Redmond. Lads getting better and only will do. Would like to see us stand firm and keep hold as it could be a mega fee in a season or 2.

Unless we recieve astronomical fees for either I wouldn''t even consider selling. Yes we have players that can cover those positions but you want the best fighting for them

I think it more likely that any departures will be in January. I reckon that Adams will keep most here on the basis that we will be playing  a different brand of football, hope to be winning regularly and near the top of the table. But he''l probably say that if it doesn''t happen then the club may listen to sensible offers then, by which time hopefully they will be caught up in the excitement of a potential late saeson promotion push and likely destination clubs involved in relegation struggles. They won''t want to risk moving from us to a bottom 8 Prem club only to get relegated again.

One thing to remember is that we were pretty dismal for most of lsst season and therefore the stock of most of our players isn''t very high right now. Snodgrass was the obvious exception as he scored some goals and looked dangerous at times, he has already gone. I remember comments on MOTD and on  live TV that Fer looked good at times but wasn''t doing enough regularly, so there will be caution around him. Clubs like WH, Stoke, Villa and Saints may want proven players and be less interested in those associated with such failure for us last season.

As to personnel, agree with those who say if the price for keeping Redmond is losing Hooper then so be it but I''d rather lose RVW as I believe he has shown less. I also think we need another good quality CB.

Miggins, Redmonds shooting doesn''t always go off target. He hits quite a few on target, too many off, but thats what happens when 95% of your shots are from outside that box. And of course he''s most effective in midfield, because he''s a midfielder.

Agree on RVW, who knows. But i''d personally think he will be a hell of a lot better this season, one because the quality of our team in this league is 10 times better than the quality of our team compared to the PL sides last season and Adams more attack minded set up.

And Grabban, 22 goals in 44 games is a great return. Most strikers need a lot of chances, no one complained when Earnie was needing 10 shots a game to get a goal, because he''d get those chances.

Lafferty is obviously not here to be the main goalscorer, thats not his role. Like Elmander last season, who was actually pretty effective at what he did, just so many Norwich fans seemed to irrationally dislike him. He''ll almost certainly score a fair few more than Elmander managed last season. But yeah if we relied on him to be our main scorer should the worst happen then we''d be in trouble.

Don''t know why anyone isn''t optimistic about this season. Unless we lose 4/5 players including Reds and Olsson then we have a fantastic squad, hopefully we sign another defender (or two maybe) and have a couple players lined up to replace any who do go then we could have a very exciting season.

Sorry but Elmander was not effective last season- there is a difference between ''not being the main goal scorer'' and ''not having any goal threat.'' Far too slow to do anything with the ball at his feet, his hold up play was average at best and considering his size I don''t actually remember him looking threatening in the air once.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]morty wrote the following post at 30/07/2014 11:27 AM:

I''d love to keep him too, but if we had a front line of RvW, Lafferty, Grabban and Loza, with Redmond wading it with goals, I reckon that would be good enough.

-------------------------------------------

Not for me personally.

RVW- who knows?

Lafferty- never been prolific

Grabban- had a good season last year but needs a lot of chances to score, bounemouth fans said he''s not really what you would call prolific

Loza- youngster

Redmond- is a winger, could play in CAM, known for his shooting to always go off target, though scored a great goal in pre season friendly. Most effective in midfield imo[/quote]But you''re making the assumption that because Hooper scored loads in the Championship a few seasons ago, he will do again?

Elmander was effective. Hooper was useless unless he was taking the pressure off him. I''m pretty sure you must have been watching a different player, decent hold up play, good at bringing others into the game even when severely lacking in support and won plenty in the air.

The whole team was poor going forward. A major lack of support from the midfield, and no proper strike partnership. But the only times Hooper looked any good was when Elmander was picking up the slack for him.

No way was Elmander effective. Didnt win enough headers, didnt put himself about enough, didnt bully the opposition enough, didnt even look like he was going to score, a very poor player at that level. A typical Chris Hughton type of player.

I think people seem to forget that Redmond was absolute toilet after September last season, couldn''t score couldn''t cross. Now he is suddenly the best player we have.

Same with Fer he was utter crap too made Dickson Etuhu look like a box to box midfield dynamo.

Hooper has form in the Championship and my opinion would be the one to keep.

If we got in the region of £12-£15m for the other two then they can go.