Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Let's Be POSITIVE!!!!!!!

Positivity means being positive. It means looking on the up side not the down side. We need to do this more as supporters. If we win we will get three points, and if we draw we will get one point. Losing gets us no points but I don''t want to talk about losing games because it isn''t positive. So if each game has three outcomes - win, draw, or the other one - we have a two in three chance of getting at least one point.

Sometimes we don''t score goals. We do not go out and try to not score goals, sometimes it just doesn''t happen and that is when we need to be positive.

Sometimes we let in goals. We do not go out and try to let in goals, sometimes it just happens, and that is when we need to be positive.

Players are human beings too, they make mistakes and get things wrong and that is also when we need to be positive.

This is why we should be positive - we can still pick up points and climb up the table. We have a positive manager, and a positive squad of players at the club. It is better to be in the Premier League than to not be in it, but if we can''t be there then where better is there to be than the Championship? Truly these are halcyon days that we will look back upon in years and decades to come and say "thank you Neil Adams, thank you Delia Smith, Michael Wynn-Jones, thank you that bloke with the chicken factory" - we should never forget we are batting above our average, punching above our weight and rubbing shoulders with the best that English football has to offer. We have left the dark days of League One, crossed the Championship divide, journeyed to the land of Milk and Honey that is the Barclays Premier League and then returned, bloodied but unbowed, to do battle against the ferocious forces of darkness in the Championship - and I for one say "huzzah!"

Let''s get behind the team and not belittle or criticise them for they do their best and try their hardest and everything is marvellous if you ask me. Since Snodgrass was sold, I am struggling to find a single weak link in this current side which will surely rise like a phoenix from the flames of relegation to claim the championship title, and if we don''t then it''s still just a game and at the end of the day everything is awesome - everything is cool when you''re part of a team. Dig it.

The real thing will be back soon enough, but you can suck on that in the meantime you fannies.

[quote user="lappinitup"]You ARE Lake District Canary and I claim my £5.........[/quote]It does have a kinda familiar ring[:(]

A mate of mine who is a bit of a hippy once gave me a thirty minute lecture in the pub about the benefits of positive thinking. He was telling me that positive thoughts breeds positive experiences and how he lives his life being positive.

We got on our bikes to go to another pub and he got knocked off by a taxi and broke his ankle.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lappinitup"]You ARE Lake District Canary and I claim my £5.........[/quote]It does have a kinda familiar ring[:(][/quote]

I could never tell which end was which !

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lappinitup"]You ARE Lake District Canary and I claim my £5.........
[/quote]

It does have a kinda familiar ring[:(]
[/quote]

All very strange indeed as I now notice that Lakeys last thread before he threw a huff last night and left the board titled ''Tilly''s Bet'' has been deleted.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lappinitup"]You ARE Lake District Canary and I claim my £5.........[/quote]It does have a kinda familiar ring[:(][/quote]

All very strange indeed as I now notice that Lakeys last thread before he threw a huff last night and left the board titled ''Tilly''s Bet'' has been deleted.

[/quote]If you had seen the last post he made, you would understand why!

Anyway, getting on topic, yes I do agree with the positive mantra.Also new manager, new season, new start.Though I fully expect this place to turn into the usual pit of doom the first time we lose[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]If you had seen the last post he made, you would understand why![/quote]Go you reckon he got banned and has come back with one of his other accounts?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]If you had seen the last post he made, you would understand why![/quote]Go you reckon he got banned and has come back with one of his other accounts?[/quote]Probably best not discussed really.

I think that I should say I am pretty sure I would know if I was LDC and I would be certain that I would not need a second account if I was he because I am always certain in everything I do and if I was LDC then I would not need a second account.

lol, good luck with this thread. I mean it.

What I''d love to see return is when we do go a goal down, especially at home I want to hear the OTBC chant return. We used to give a huge defiant OTBC when we went a goal down and It felt great to not give up as a group. It must have sent a message to the players.

[quote user="Buh"]lol, good luck with this thread. I mean it.

What I''d love to see return is when we do go a goal down, especially at home I want to hear the OTBC chant return. We used to give a huge defiant OTBC when we went a goal down and It felt great to not give up as a group. It must have sent a message to the players.[/quote]Good stuff, and totally agree, it must make a real difference to the players.

[quote user="morty"]Sent you a PM Lapps.
[/quote]

Wait until you see the thread I found where Tao and Lakey are on the same page. Lapps is sending it to you.

Hahaha!!  [:D] [:D] [:D]Having given himself away as "Peak District Canary" once before......http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2874386/ShowPost.aspx#2874386.....poor old Lakey has now exposed himself as "The Tao of Chase" (Go to top of linked page).And he had admitted previously he had two LDC accounts so it seems he''s serial multi-usernamer. I think I''ll have to open another file alongside Waveney''s. Ps Has Tilly''s bet started yet? [:D]

[quote user="The Tao of Chase"]Positivity means being positive. It means looking on the up side not the down side. We need to do this more as supporters. If we win we will get three points, and if we draw we will get one point. Losing gets us no points but I don''t want to talk about losing games because it isn''t positive. So if each game has three outcomes - win, draw, or the other one - we have a two in three chance of getting at least one point. Sometimes we don''t score goals. We do not go out and try to not score goals, sometimes it just doesn''t happen and that is when we need to be positive. Sometimes we let in goals. We do not go out and try to let in goals, sometimes it just happens, and that is when we need to be positive. Players are human beings too, they make mistakes and get things wrong and that is also when we need to be positive. This is why we should be positive - we can still pick up points and climb up the table. We have a positive manager, and a positive squad of players at the club. It is better to be in the Premier League than to not be in it, but if we can''t be there then where better is there to be than the Championship? Truly these are halcyon days that we will look back upon in years and decades to come and say "thank you Neil Adams, thank you Delia Smith, Michael Wynn-Jones, thank you that bloke with the chicken factory" - we should never forget we are batting above our average, punching above our weight and rubbing shoulders with the best that English football has to offer. We have left the dark days of League One, crossed the Championship divide, journeyed to the land of Milk and Honey that is the Barclays Premier League and then returned, bloodied but unbowed, to do battle against the ferocious forces of darkness in the Championship - and I for one say "huzzah!" Let''s get behind the team and not belittle or criticise them for they do their best and try their hardest and everything is marvellous if you ask me. Since Snodgrass was sold, I am struggling to find a single weak link in this current side which will surely rise like a phoenix from the flames of relegation to claim the championship title, and if we don''t then it''s still just a game and at the end of the day everything is awesome - everything is cool when you''re part of a team. Dig it. The real thing will be back soon enough, but you can suck on that in the meantime you fannies.[/quote]

The Tao of Chase is not online. Last active: 14/07/2014 20:35:24The Tao of Chase

Not Ranked
Joined on 19/12/2007
Downtown Tasburgh
Posts 310

Yes [Y]Positivity!

ReplyQuote

Positivity means being positive. It means looking on the up side not the down side. We need to do this more as supporters. If we win we will get three points, and if we draw we will get one point. Losing gets us no points but I don''t want to talk about losing games because it isn''t positive. So if each game has three outcomes - win, draw, or the other one - we have a two in three chance of getting at least one point.

Sometimes we don''t score goals. We do not go out and try to not score goals, sometimes it just doesn''t happen and that is when we need to be positive.

Sometimes we let in goals. We do not go out and try to let in goals, sometimes it just happens, and that is when we need to be positive.

Players are human beings too, they make mistakes and get things wrong and that is also when we need to be positive.

This is why we should be positive - we can still pick up points and climb up the table. We have a positive manager, and a positive squad of players at the club. It is better to be in the Premier League than to not be in it. Truly these are halcyon days that we will look back upon in years and decades to come and say "thank you Paul Lambert, thank you Chris Hughton, thank you Delia Smith, Michael Wynn-Jones, thank you that bloke with the chicken factory" - we should never forget we are batting above our average, punching above our weight and rubbing shoulders with the best that English football has to offer. We have left the dark days of League One, crossed the Championship divide, and arrived in the land of Milk and Honey that is the Barclays Premier League and I for one say let''s get behind the team and not belittle or criticise them for they do their best and try their hardest and everything is marvellous if you ask me.

I knew I should have left my phone at home.  But Its been so funny seeing you lot and you''re hilarious attempts at pseudo detective work. You''re  so far off beam its untrue.  Look again and you will see that Peak District Canary is also The Tao of Chase.  Also if you look on your "evidence" you will see that there is quite a chunk missing from that thread - presumably deleted.   There was all sorts of stuff being bandied around, people pretending to be me etc etc. 

I''ll say it again before I try and stop looking on here for a while - I''ve only had the original LDC account which is still active, but I don''t use because of email problems on it - and my present account.   I tried to come on here as an innocuous  poster once just so I could have some decent chat without all the usual cr*p that goes on - and a completely joky one "Capn Haddock''s Fish Supper" - which was just an attempt at humour.  And that is the truth.

I don''t need to hide behind anyone  - I have learned how to handle you lot and not take it personally.   The flattering attempts at parody and obfuscation have you all running around in circles and believe me - its quite entertaining [:D].  

I won''t bother you any more for a while (unless you need the help to sort out your little machinations - and thanks to Tao/Peak for causing so much amusement.   Oh, and I haven''t flounced off btw, I''m on holiday and then Tilly''s bet starts.  Cheers!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Mental.And a liar to boot.[/quote][:D]  

[/quote]

PS ask Tilly.  We have discussed this on several occasions before.  Its the truth.   LDC 2009-2011, then 2011 to present.  Cpn Haddock and Ha Ya got a Loight Boi.    While you''re trying to work it all out, have a think about bor bor bor''s other usernames......

Couldn''t really give a flying frig, the more I read the more I realise that you are not grasping onto reality too tightly....

Dont worry LDC, city 1st and others have accused me of being someone else previously simply because I was a lurker before I actually joined. Somewhat of an obsession for some. Think this forum has become a bit personal and too many identities flying round. Perhaps u should do what u suggested and create a new account and get a clean slate. Lots of posters end up marked men and I always think its a shame when anyone gets driven off this board. Yay, like Craig David before thee, your brand has become targeted. If u just want a normal chat on here, perhaps best to reinvent urself

What is there to be positive about? Honestly can''t think of a single thing. It''s going to be a long hard struggle in mid table all season. God I am depressed just thinking about it

[quote user="lake district canary"]I knew I should have left my phone at home.  But Its been so funny seeing you lot and you''re hilarious attempts at pseudo detective work. You''re  so far off beam its untrue.  Look again and you will see that Peak District Canary is also The Tao of Chase.  Also if you look on your "evidence" you will see that there is quite a chunk missing from that thread - presumably deleted.   There was all sorts of stuff being bandied around, people pretending to be me etc etc.  I''ll say it again before I try and stop looking on here for a while - I''ve only had the original LDC account which is still active, but I don''t use because of email problems on it - and my present account.   I tried to come on here as an innocuous  poster once just so I could have some decent chat without all the usual cr*p that goes on - and a completely joky one "Capn Haddock''s Fish Supper" - which was just an attempt at humour.  And that is the truth. I don''t need to hide behind anyone  - I have learned how to handle you lot and not take it personally.   The flattering attempts at parody and obfuscation have you all running around in circles and believe me - its quite entertaining [:D].    I won''t bother you any more for a while (unless you need the help to sort out your little machinations - and thanks to Tao/Peak for causing so much amusement.   Oh, and I haven''t flounced off btw, I''m on holiday and then Tilly''s bet starts.  Cheers![/quote]It''s just the little things.......[quote user="The Tao of Chase"]Positivity means being positive. It means

looking on the up side not the down side. We need to do this more as

supporters. If we win we will get three points, and if we draw we will

get one point. Losing gets us no points but I don''t want to talk about

losing games because it isn''t positive. So if each game has three outcomes - win, draw, or the other one - we

have a two in three chance of getting at least one point.

Sometimes we don''t score goals. We do not go out and try to not score

goals, sometimes it just doesn''t happen and that is when we need to be

positive.

Sometimes we let in goals. We do not go out and try to let in goals,

sometimes it just happens, and that is when we need to be positive.

Players are human beings too, they make mistakes and get things wrong

and that is also when we need to be positive.

This is why we should be positive - we can

still pick up points and climb up the table. We have a positive manager,

and a positive squad of players at the club. It is better to be in the

Premier League than to not be in it, but if we can''t be there then where

better is there to be than the Championship? Truly these are halcyon

days that we will look back upon in years and decades to come and say

"thank you Neil Adams, thank you Delia Smith, Michael Wynn-Jones, thank

you that bloke with the chicken factory" - we

should never forget we are batting above our average, punching above

our weight and rubbing shoulders with the best that English football has

to offer. We have left the dark days of League One, crossed the

Championship divide, journeyed to the land of Milk and Honey that is the

Barclays Premier League and then returned, bloodied but unbowed, to do

battle against the ferocious forces of darkness in the Championship - and I

for one say "huzzah!"

Let''s get behind the team and not belittle or criticise them for they do

their best and try their hardest and everything is marvellous if you

ask me. Since Snodgrass was sold, I am struggling to find a single weak

link in this current side which will surely rise like a phoenix from the

flames of relegation to claim the championship title, and if we don''t

then it''s still just a game and at the end of the day everything is awesome - everything is cool when you''re part of a team. Dig it.

The real thing will be back soon enough, but you can suck on that in the meantime you fannies.[/quote][;)]

Oop''s. Somebody throw that man a lifeline.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]What is there to be positive about? Honestly can''t think of a single thing. It''s going to be a long hard struggle in mid table all season. God I am depressed just thinking about it[/quote]

Do you think Lambert still feels he improved things for himself by going to villa? Villa fans hate him and he''s had lots of financial constraints. Cant help thinking Lambert would have achieved more if he''d stayed