Sign in to follow this  
MrFruit

NCFC Fanzines

FANZINES

In the not too distant past a number of Norwich City Fanzines were produced by City fans,these generally being sold around Carrow Road on matchdays.

Titles included :

The Citizen;

Attack;

Spud International;

Sing When we’re Ploughing;

I Can Drive a Tractor;

Love Shaq;

Scrimmage;

NCISA News; 

A Fine City;

Cheep Shot;

Ferry Cross the Wensum; 

Never Mind the Danger;

Man.Utd are on the Tele Again;

A Tint of Yellow;

2 questions please

Can anyone add to the title list? (NCFC Fanzines Only)

Does anyone have copies they wish to donate or sell to the NCFC Historical Trust?

Thank you

yep, a fewwhere are you ?

and will they end up on ebay ?

Thanks. I Live Norwich. Assure you they will not go on e bay or be sold. They will go to the NCFC Historical Trust. Based at Carrow Road

if you pm me I will have a venture up the atticbut will inevitably end up reading them first, so bear with me !

I think Man U... started life as "Liverpool Are On The Telly Again".I wrote for a few of these back in the day, when I had a life of sorts.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I think Man U... started life as "Liverpool Are On The Telly Again".I wrote for a few of these back in the day, when I had a life of sorts.[/quote]

Yes I think you are correct with Liverpool

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I think Man U... started life as "Liverpool Are On The Telly Again".I wrote for a few of these back in the day, when I had a life of sorts.[/quote]you wrote for a few man u fanzines ?

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I think Man U... started life as "Liverpool Are On The Telly Again".I wrote for a few of these back in the day, when I had a life of sorts.[/quote]you wrote for a few man u fanzines ?[/quote]Yeah, Norwich County has always been my second team but don''t you dare question my heritage.  I remember Richard Rosario''s 40 yarder against Southend though, and Craig Sutton''s wondergoals in that fine season of, um, sometime in the 1990s.  Roald Fox, he was a player, as was Dean Gordon.  Thank goodness for Dirk Stringer and Mark Walker, eh?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I think Man U... started life as "Liverpool Are On The Telly Again".I wrote for a few of these back in the day, when I had a life of sorts.[/quote]you wrote for a few man u fanzines ?[/quote]Yeah, Norwich County has always been my second team but don''t you dare question my heritage.  I remember Richard Rosario''s 40 yarder against Southend though, and Craig Sutton''s wondergoals in that fine season of, um, sometime in the 1990s.  Roald Fox, he was a player, as was Dean Gordon.  Thank goodness for Dirk Stringer and Mark Walker, eh?

[/quote]ah the memories and who could forget matt goss in the olympic stadium berlin ? bloody marvelous [:D]

You may well jest, if people can still "jest", but when that Martin Bowen header went in against Bayer Leverkusen I was leaping up and down with the best of them.

a bit older and you would remember Peter Martin, uncle of our own Rusty Martin I believe - nicknamed the post for his knack of drifing in at the far post and knocking in a goalmy favourite though was Terry ''Ice'' Hockey who we signed from wolves, and ironically he later joined sheff utd ''the blades''  - ironic as Terry had the biggest handlebar moustache you ever saw on the pitch ... if he ran down the wing the first few rows of the main stand had to duck

great days watched from the waveney stand

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I think Man U... started life as "Liverpool Are On The Telly Again".

I wrote for a few of these back in the day, when I had a life of sorts.

[/quote]

Yeah, meet OH, marry/shack up, kids........once you''re on that slippery slope it''s curtains [:D]

[quote user="City1st"]a bit older and you would remember Peter Martin, uncle of our own Rusty Martin I believe - nicknamed the post for his knack of drifing in at the far post and knocking in a goalmy favourite though was Terry ''Ice'' Hockey who we signed from wolves, and ironically he later joined sheff utd ''the blades''  - ironic as Terry had the biggest handlebar moustache you ever saw on the pitch ... if he ran down the wing the first few rows of the main stand had to duck

great days watched from the waveney stand

[/quote]Ah yes, the Waveney Stand.No roof, but fine views of the Cathedral.I sat behind a chap from Lowestoft who wore a pointed hat.[:D]

Did he have a pointy hat sized hole cut into the top of his blue disability car parked pitchside.

I should still have some copies of Ferry Cross the Wensum from the mid 90s, and i''ve got most of the Y''Army editions somewhere too. I''ll see if i can hunt them down for you.