Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Bassong

All gone a bit quiet on him and unless I''ve missed something I''ve not seen any clubs linked with him. I get the feeling he will either be some lower prem teams deadline day panic signing or end up being loaned out to France or somewhere to get him off the wage bill.

I''m sure clubs have made contact, but the board aren''t going to come out and say who. If a club offers the money that we are happy with them I am sure all parties will cooperate. He''s got no chance this season imo.

I just see it as a bit odd that he has not really turned up in gossip columns at all considering he is clearly not wanted here. You might expect the odd rumble that ''club x are considering a move for out of favour Bassong.''

It does seem a bit strange all this, personally, I''d loves him/us to sort it all out and remain with us.

YellowNets1901 wrote the following post at 30/07/2014 11:40 AM:

Fer and Bassong will definitely leave the club.

----------------------------------

Where did you get your crystal ball? I''ve been thinking about getting one myself recently.

Its difficult to believe any club would be interested in Bassong, we might be stuck with him on high wages for next 3 years. Another reason to thank Hughton.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Did harry manage him at Spurs?[/quote]I believe Harry paid £8m for him at Spurs! Can anyone confirm?

[quote user="pete"]Its difficult to believe any club would be interested in Bassong, we might be stuck with him on high wages for next 3 years. Another reason to thank Hughton.[/quote]

Wages might put people off - if they''re particularly high.

But ability wise there''d be plenty interested. He''s been POTS at two different clubs in the Premier League and clubs have paid good money for him. He''s clearly shown he has plenty to offer.

I know people say he''s got form for relegation but Norwich won''t have many players on the books who haven''t suffered at least one relegation. Moreover, at least Bassong has been in the Premier League to be relegated from it.

Yes - Harry signed him at spurs - but also only played him 45 times in 2 and half seasons (he has 57 appearances for us) so that may temper his interest.

Bassong is a lazy player and sounds a dopey t*at whenever he''s interviewed after a game. I remember after the West Ham away defeat, him saying ''I feel like I''m dreaming and I''m going to wake up on the pitch''. What a d1ck. Get him sold!

He''s not a bad player but doesn''t have the guts for the fight. I remember the I wish the season was over already comments . He was meant to be the captain and clearly his attitude was all wrong. Would rather keep Turner myself as you''ll not see him shy away.

[quote user="pete"]Its difficult to believe any club would be interested in Bassong, we might be stuck with him on high wages for next 3 years. Another reason to thank Hughton.[/quote]Really? Seems a bit harsh to say that you cannot believe any club would be interested in him. He''s by no means a bad defender and 12 months ago was our player of the year and new team captain. Surely he''s not got that bad over 12 months?

Bad attitude I''m afraid, should never have been even considered as captain material, shame on you Hughton, no further use for the lad here, on yer bike!