Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

the 100% certainty of losing Fer

Pretty obvious that Fer will leave.

Played in the WC, despite being injured most of the time, scored, got extended holiday because of this, then got marry and is now on honeymoon, and due to be back 1 week before the season start.

To me it is pretty obvious that Fer, perhaps even before the WC started, asked his agent to "fix him up" with a new club.

And little old Norwich granted him weeks off, no pre-season, etc, in the hope of keeping the man happy. Lol.

It is now a case of getting as much as possible for the man. After all, he is on, I believe, another 3 year contract. Correct me if I am wrong.

McNasty will surely do his part in squeezing out every last pound of this deal, and I don''t think he will go for less than 8-8.5 mill.

If he does, we can afford to keep RvW to hopefully see him regain (some) of his value.

Granting him time off is of no benefit to us.

The only little old Norwich ''thing'' is people like you. Who go on about it so much in an attempt to belittle the club you apparently support. Its just laughable.

You better get yourself over to Skybet then...

I honestly don''t see anyone paying the money we have requested for him. It should really be an 8 figure fee given his 3 years left on his contract and everything. QPR will try and unsettle him and drive down the fee but as a newly promoted team, I don''t think he''s that interested, at least not enough to kick up a big fuss

After his performances last season are you that bothered, not cut out for a slog in the championship.

Also came on for 10 minutes in the world cup and scored, that''s all, lets not make him out to be something he isn''t

If the money is right adiós.

We keep good company, little old Bayern Munich, little old Real Madrid, little old Arsenal, little old Manchester United, little old AC Milan, little old Manchester City and many other little old clubs have given their players extended breaks after the world cup.

Best you lump some money on it then Grefstad? Or stick it on your website?

If we sell now with the season almost upon us we are crazy , players wanting out should have been sorted as soon as the season finished so adequate replacements could be found . Even if we get silly money for our players we will have to pay silly money to replace them and then you have new players needing to settle in so we will get fed the wait untill they gel b/s.To me Adams always sounds as if he is trying to entice a bid , we get the dont want to sell line but always with a but attached , but we are realistic or but we wont turn down silly money .If you want to keep them and we are told we have no need to sell then just do one press release stating the players ARE NOT for sale end of ,

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Livermore £8m

Snoddy £8m

As a measure, Fer is worth double that![/quote]

Based on what???

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]Leroy Fer is nowhere near worth a deal in the region of £10m (Please have a read about how transfers work as well)[/quote]

Of course he is. We got an absolute bargain, he''s got a years experience in the PL. Okay he didn''t shine but he wasn''t actually bad and the team he was in was poor. Our players last year aren''t all suddenly rubbish footballers because of that season.

Just have a look at the transfer fees being paid. And ''nowhere near worth a deal in the region of £10m'' suggests you think at least a couple million less which is almost as laughable as the OPs use of ''little old Norwich''

[quote user="splutcho"]Every time Grefstad posts I get more and more certain they''re not a Norwich fan.[/quote]

He sounds like the sort of ''fan'' that carrowroad.net would approve of.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Livermore £8m

Snoddy £8m

As a measure, Fer is worth double that![/quote]

Why is he worth double than those two?

Snodgrass was player of the season. Livermore ain''t no clown

Fer looked next to pointless in most games for us £8 million would do just fine with add ons

[quote user="I.S."]Best you lump some money on it then Grefstad? Or stick it on your website?[/quote]

Sure, got some dollars on Fer to leave. Would be silly not to bet on it, given the circumstances.

Maybe my OP was poorly written...but the one of the points was: When a player is off playing the WC, he knows he will report back later for training, due to his WC commitments.

When he, in the same decking season, also marries, and thus get an extra week off (dunno if it works this way, but certainly seems like it), he is pretty sure he will not play in this club this coming season.

But then again, missing almost all of preseason will not do him any good in a new team either.

8,5 mill, and McNasty will take it. Good thing is that McNasty will never give in to player power :)

Few Managers will ever categorically say a player is not for sale and stand by it, Adams included.

If he was to say that and (this is hypothetical) someone then offered £14 Million for Fer then we''d be fools not to take the money.

Adams would then look as if he had been undermined by the board and he''d know, every club interested in our players would know any protestations to the contrary would be just that and meaningless.

Hence statements about not needing to sell players or not wanting to sell players-its a reasonable soundbite for the fans but it also says that it doesn''t mean we won''t sell players if the price is right.

Man Utd didn''t need to sell Ronaldo and certainly didn''t want to sell him. Now if Real Madrid got an offer of £130 Million for him from some stupidly rich club they''d probably take the money as well. Players are nothing more than details on a balance sheet, they all have a value which would see our club, any club, happy to sell. I don''t want or need to sell my house but if someone offers me double its value tomorrow I''''d be out by teatime if that was their sole proviso.

I think we''d take around £8-£8.5 Million as well.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="splutcho"]Every time Grefstad posts I get more and more certain they''re not a Norwich fan.[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol...lets not get off-topic...

And little old Norwich is a pretty well known cliche, among fans of other clubs, not only Norwich fans.

Pretty sure I´ve been a Norwich fan longer than most of the posting members on this forum.

Surely, most of you will agree to the amateur way this club has been run, especially prior to the McNally era.

Better after McNally came along, but still, the club mentality (when in the Premier) was still something like a little brother being allowed to play with his bigger brother and the big boys.

As for me and being a fan...I may not go to more than 5-6 home games per season, and maybe 2-4 away games (if they are in the London area), but I certainly watch all games involving Norwich in all ways I possibly can, so I don''t see my opinions being less valid than opinions of any other fan.

And based on many of the posts I´ve read in this forum, I am pretty confident my knowledge of Norwich as a club, even Norwich the city and Norfolk county, can stand comparison with quite a lot of the regulars in this forum :)

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="I.S."]Best you lump some money on it then Grefstad? Or stick it on your website?[/quote] Sure, got some dollars on Fer to leave. Would be silly not to bet on it, given the circumstances. Maybe my OP was poorly written...but the one of the points was: When a player is off playing the WC, he knows he will report back later for training, due to his WC commitments. When he, in the same decking season, also marries, and thus get an extra week off (dunno if it works this way, but certainly seems like it), he is pretty sure he will not play in this club this coming season. But then again, missing almost all of preseason will not do him any good in a new team either. 8,5 mill, and McNasty will take it. Good thing is that McNasty will never give in to player power :)[/quote]

Why do you believe he''s been given an ''extra week off'' when many other world cup stars are still on holiday?

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote] Lol...lets not get off-topic... And little old Norwich is a pretty well known cliche, among fans of other clubs, not only Norwich fans. Pretty sure I´ve been a Norwich fan longer than most of the posting members on this forum. Surely, most of you will agree to the amateur way this club has been run, especially prior to the McNally era. Better after McNally came along, but still, the club mentality (when in the Premier) was still something like a little brother being allowed to play with his bigger brother and the big boys. As for me and being a fan...I may not go to more than 5-6 home games per season, and maybe 2-4 away games (if they are in the London area), but I certainly watch all games involving Norwich in all ways I possibly can, so I don''t see my opinions being less valid than opinions of any other fan. And based on many of the posts I´ve read in this forum, I am pretty confident my knowledge of Norwich as a club, even Norwich the city and Norfolk county, can stand comparison with quite a lot of the regulars in this forum :)[/quote]

We all know its a cliché, that does not excuse you from using it when there''s no need to, Norwich are acting in the same manner as the vast majority of clubs that had players involved in the world cup. You owe the club an apology.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Why do you believe he''s been given an ''extra week off'' when many other world cup stars are still on holiday?[/quote]

First of all, the Championship starts earlier than the Premier or other European big leagues where most WC players will play. Therefore he should be back earlier to do some sort of preseason.

Well...come end of August we will see who will owe who an apology....

Assuming Fer stays, which is unlikely (if so, he will go in January), he will likely not be much fit to play before early September, having taken no part in friendlies, training, the new system Adams wants us to play, etc.

Please correct me if i''m wrong but didnt he have a muscle strain during the WC which meant he didnt play after the game that he scored in.

Only a very stupid manager would risk playing a recovering player in preseason. I would have thought the present arrangement suits Leroy and the club, he recovers, doing some light training i''m sure, gets married, has honeymoon and reports back for work...rested and raring to go.

If he goes it will be on our terms not anyone elses, dont forget he only went to Brazil because of injuries to those ahead of him in the pecking order.

The one niggling doubt in my mind is Louis Van

Gaal may try to get him to Man U, as he has made it clear that Fellaini is on his way out( iknow they are very different players but perhaps thats the point.) He is well versed in LVG''s favoured 433.... and LVG likes him.Would be very surprised if he went to a lower half Prem side like QPR or Soton.

He has some potential, as yet unrealised, he is by no means in high demand by top clubs or he''d be long gone.

In two years , a promotion with us and a good season in the prem, also with us, playing real footy, he will still be only 26....the age many mangers think that you get to see the ''finished article'' then it would be very hard to keep him, if he progresses as we all hope.

Personally i hope he stays and does well for us and Holland and earns himself a place in their Euro 2016 squad.

I do understand that its hard for supporters to be objective rather than subjective when discussing the future of one of their (potentially ) top players.

Ross Barclay could have gone to almost any club he fancied, but stayed put, with no guarantee of Champs League footy.... they''re not all Mercenaries.

[quote user="grefstad"]Pretty obvious that Fer will leave. Played in the WC, despite being injured most of the time, scored, got extended holiday because of this, then got marry and is now on honeymoon, and due to be back 1 week before the season start. To me it is pretty obvious that Fer, perhaps even before the WC started, asked his agent to "fix him up" with a new club. And little old Norwich granted him weeks off, no pre-season, etc, in the hope of keeping the man happy. Lol. It is now a case of getting as much as possible for the man. After all, he is on, I believe, another 3 year contract. Correct me if I am wrong. McNasty will surely do his part in squeezing out every last pound of this deal, and I don''t think he will go for less than 8-8.5 mill. If he does, we can afford to keep RvW to hopefully see him regain (some) of his value.[/quote]

What utter crap, he would have kept himself in shape knowing he may play a part in the world cup and would have also been training during the world cup and is entitled to a summer break just like every other player involved in the world cup, it has nothing to do with the club keeping him happy.

If I was Neil Adams then I''d be trying to persuade Fer to stay at least until the end of the year. He''d be first choice, can get back to playing decent attacking football and we''d probably get more in the next window than we would in the present one. A glimmer of hope is that he got married in Norwich as opposed to distancing himself by getting hitched in the Netherlands.

I don''t get why people start getting all angry/disappointed at our club before anything has happened. I know some can''t wait to have a whine, but this really is getting pathetic.

I think what may, just may, persuade Fer to stay is Adams´new attacking system, with goals galore.

Adams has said NCFC need to score at least 80 goals to have a chance of going up automatically, and he will set his team up accordingly.

RvW could buy into this ethos, hopefully.

Fer would likely prosper in a 4-3-3, not so much if he plays in a holding mid role in a diamond behind Wes.

Seeing clips from his Twente days, he could breeze past people from midfield, with charging runs. We only saw that once last season (the goal vs West Ham at home).

FOr me, Fer has a lot to prove in English football, and I am not so sure he will enhance his career in a club like Soton or QPR, more than he will with us.

But the lure of the Premier is strong, not to mention the double wages...

Is it 100%? Someone in another thread said 99%. I''d say trigger in buy out clause but at what value and would he want to go to such a club as QPR or Southampton when there are bigger fish with bigger nets who could scoop him up.