Sign in to follow this  
Paul

ip**** game 1250 points

Just got an email saying that tickets go on sale tomorrow for scummer game for people with 1250 or more away points.

Me and my son have 1350 and 1300 so happy days.

Cheers for that, I haven''t got the mail for some reason.Less points than I expected!

That would make season ticket holder (1,000) plus 5 away games (50 each) which isn''t too bad for a prem season, I though it might be a bit higher too.

[quote user="Paul"]That would make season ticket holder (1,000) plus 5 away games (50 each) which isn''t too bad for a prem season, I though it might be a bit higher too.[/quote]I think its likely low because they have given us a big allocation perhaps?

Hilariously, myself and my dad have not missed an away game in 4 years, and only missed a total of 8 in the last 6 years, I apparently have 1150?

Bit of a pisser for those of us who don''t live in Norfolk though. If you''re not a season ticket holder then you can''t get enough points, even if you went to every away game which is a joke.

I''m a priority member and got to 2 home games and 6 away last season so I only have 900 points as my 300mile round trips to Norfolk don''t even earn me one solitary point!

Should be 50 points per home game if not a season ticket holder and then 75 or 100 for each away game. That would at least keep it fair for everyone, not just the locals.

[quote user="kick it off"]Bit of a pisser for those of us who don''t live in Norfolk though. If you''re not a season ticket holder then you can''t get enough points, even if you went to every away game which is a joke.

I''m a priority member and got to 2 home games and 6 away last season so I only have 900 points as my 300mile round trips to Norfolk don''t even earn me one solitary point!

Should be 50 points per home game if not a season ticket holder and then 75 or 100 for each away game. That would at least keep it fair for everyone, not just the locals.[/quote]

** I only have 800 points

Any system like this is never going to please everyone unfortunately.But, for what its worth, I don''t think its fair giving a home season ticket holder 1000 points straight off. It does discriminate against people who go away more often, which is what the points system is meant to be about.Don''t get me wrong, I''ll take the 1000 points lol.

I don''t live in Norfolk and I''m a season ticket holder and went to 7 away games last season.

I think it''s totally fair giving season ticket holders more points to start with.

[quote user="Paul"]I don''t live in Norfolk and I''m a season ticket holder and went to 7 away games last season.

I think it''s totally fair giving season ticket holders more points to start with.[/quote]But don''t you think theres something wrong with someone who, say went to one or two away games (and is a season ticket holder) has more points than someone who went to many more away games?Surely it should be about prioritising the people who travel away regularly?

Where do you draw the line though Morty, yeah I can see your point but as a season ticket holder you deserve some perks, as you say maybe you should get more points for being a non season ticket holder and away games say 75 or 100.

It''s like saying that I should get more points because I I do a 250 mile round trip to every home game and did 7 away games, rather than someone who lives in the city and 5 miles to home games.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul"]I don''t live in Norfolk and I''m a season ticket holder and went to 7 away games last season.

I think it''s totally fair giving season ticket holders more points to start with.[/quote]But don''t you think theres something wrong with someone who, say went to one or two away games (and is a season ticket holder) has more points than someone who went to many more away games?Surely it should be about prioritising the people who travel away regularly?[/quote]Perhaps the season ticket holder who has only gone to 2 away games can''t afford to go to the football every weekend, but gets to an away game if and when they can, why should they then be punished?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul"]I don''t live in Norfolk and I''m a season ticket holder and went to 7 away games last season.

I think it''s totally fair giving season ticket holders more points to start with.[/quote]But don''t you think theres something wrong with someone who, say went to one or two away games (and is a season ticket holder) has more points than someone who went to many more away games?Surely it should be about prioritising the people who travel away regularly?[/quote]Perhaps the season ticket holder who has only gone to 2 away games can''t afford to go to the football every weekend, but gets to an away game if and when they can, why should they then be punished?[/quote]Its not about punishing anyone?I''m not saying the season ticket holder shouldn''t get some points, but 1000? What is it, 50 points a game? So someone could have gone to every single away game last season, and is way behind every season ticket holder.Surely the system is meant to reward people who travel away regularly, rather than folks who just pick and choose the odd game?

[quote user="Paul"]Where do you draw the line though Morty, yeah I can see your point but as a season ticket holder you deserve some perks, as you say maybe you should get more points for being a non season ticket holder and away games say 75 or 100.

It''s like saying that I should get more points because I I do a 250 mile round trip to every home game and did 7 away games, rather than someone who lives in the city and 5 miles to home games.[/quote]You already get the perk, as a season ticket holder, of much cheaper home games.Like I say, unfortunately the points system is never going to be fair to everyone.

I agree with your point and disagree lol, if you were going to go to every away game or even 16 out of 19 you would get an away season ticket that would guarantee you a ticket.

I think they give you 1000 for a season ticket holder as that works out at roughly 50 points per game (19 x 50 = 950 + 50 bonus points lol)

That is how I see it working it''s points per game gone to home or away.

[quote user="Paul"]I agree with your point and disagree lol, if you were going to go to every away game or even 16 out of 19 you would get an away season ticket that would guarantee you a ticket.

I think they give you 1000 for a season ticket holder as that works out at roughly 50 points per game (19 x 50 = 950 + 50 bonus points lol)

That is how I see it working it''s points per game gone to home or away.[/quote]Yeah its tricky.But take me, season ticket holder, 10 minute walk to Carrow road. Say I didn''t go to away games, I don''t think I should be prioritised over someone who puts in thousands of miles travelling all over the country.Like I said, I have had my perk, I get the home games cheaper.

I like debates like this, no name calling or bravado or one-up-manship just people having differing opinions and respecting each others.

That''s what a forum should be about.

[quote user="Paul"]I like debates like this, no name calling or bravado or one-up-manship just people having differing opinions and respecting each others.

That''s what a forum should be about.[/quote]Yeah, strange that, what has suddenly changed?[;)]

That''s how it should be done, some complex formula that has home games attended, away games attended x distance travelled x cost of tickets x cost of travel / inside leg measurement

[quote user="Paul"]That''s how it should be done, some complex formula that has home games attended, away games attended x distance travelled x cost of tickets x cost of travel / inside leg measurement[/quote]Heightist[:(]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul"]I agree with your point and disagree lol, if you were going to go to every away game or even 16 out of 19 you would get an away season ticket that would guarantee you a ticket.

That is how I see it working it''s points per game gone to home or away.[/quote]Yeah its tricky.But take me, season ticket holder, 10 minute walk to Carrow road. Say I didn''t go to away games, I don''t think I should be prioritised over someone who puts in thousands of miles travelling all over the country.Like I said, I have had my perk, I get the home games cheaper.[/quote]But that''s also the point, how many season ticket holders do you think go to away games?  Not that many I''d wager.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul"]I agree with your point and disagree lol, if you were going to go to every away game or even 16 out of 19 you would get an away season ticket that would guarantee you a ticket.

That is how I see it working it''s points per game gone to home or away.[/quote]Yeah its tricky.But take me, season ticket holder, 10 minute walk to Carrow road. Say I didn''t go to away games, I don''t think I should be prioritised over someone who puts in thousands of miles travelling all over the country.Like I said, I have had my perk, I get the home games cheaper.[/quote]But that''s also the point, how many season ticket holders do you think go to away games?  Not that many I''d wager.[/quote]The group I regularly travel away with are all season ticket holders. I''d wager you''re guessing.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul"]I agree with your point and disagree lol, if you were going to go to every away game or even 16 out of 19 you would get an away season ticket that would guarantee you a ticket.

That is how I see it working it''s points per game gone to home or away.[/quote]Yeah its tricky.But take me, season ticket holder, 10 minute walk to Carrow road. Say I didn''t go to away games, I don''t think I should be prioritised over someone who puts in thousands of miles travelling all over the country.Like I said, I have had my perk, I get the home games cheaper.[/quote]But that''s also the point, how many season ticket holders do you think go to away games?  Not that many I''d wager.[/quote]The group I regularly travel away with are all season ticket holders. I''d wager you''re guessing.[/quote]Of course I am, as are you.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul"]I agree with your point and disagree lol, if you were going to go to every away game or even 16 out of 19 you would get an away season ticket that would guarantee you a ticket.

That is how I see it working it''s points per game gone to home or away.[/quote]Yeah its tricky.But take me, season ticket holder, 10 minute walk to Carrow road. Say I didn''t go to away games, I don''t think I should be prioritised over someone who puts in thousands of miles travelling all over the country.Like I said, I have had my perk, I get the home games cheaper.[/quote]But that''s also the point, how many season ticket holders do you think go to away games?  Not that many I''d wager.[/quote]The group I regularly travel away with are all season ticket holders. I''d wager you''re guessing.[/quote]Of course I am, as are you.[/quote]But I''m not, am I?As a representative sample, the 10 or 12 people I know that are season ticket holders, all of them go to at least 8 away games a season.So, that is what I am basing my assumption on.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul"]I agree with your point and disagree lol, if you were going to go to every away game or even 16 out of 19 you would get an away season ticket that would guarantee you a ticket.

That is how I see it working it''s points per game gone to home or away.[/quote]Yeah its tricky.But take me, season ticket holder, 10 minute walk to Carrow road. Say I didn''t go to away games, I don''t think I should be prioritised over someone who puts in thousands of miles travelling all over the country.Like I said, I have had my perk, I get the home games cheaper.[/quote]But that''s also the point, how many season ticket holders do you think go to away games?  Not that many I''d wager.[/quote]The group I regularly travel away with are all season ticket holders. I''d wager you''re guessing.[/quote]Of course I am, as are you.[/quote]But I''m not, am I?As a representative sample, the 10 or 12 people I know that are season ticket holders, all of them go to at least 8 away games a season.So, that is what I am basing my assumption on.[/quote]12 people you know doesn''t represent the 2500 that travel to away games.  You''re guess is as good as mine as to how many are season ticket holders, and the fact that games last season went on general sale points to season ticket holders not attending away games.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul"]I agree with your point and disagree lol, if you were going to go to every away game or even 16 out of 19 you would get an away season ticket that would guarantee you a ticket.

That is how I see it working it''s points per game gone to home or away.[/quote]Yeah its tricky.But take me, season ticket holder, 10 minute walk to Carrow road. Say I didn''t go to away games, I don''t think I should be prioritised over someone who puts in thousands of miles travelling all over the country.Like I said, I have had my perk, I get the home games cheaper.[/quote]But that''s also the point, how many season ticket holders do you think go to away games?  Not that many I''d wager.[/quote]The group I regularly travel away with are all season ticket holders. I''d wager you''re guessing.[/quote]Of course I am, as are you.[/quote]But I''m not, am I?As a representative sample, the 10 or 12 people I know that are season ticket holders, all of them go to at least 8 away games a season.So, that is what I am basing my assumption on.[/quote]Hardly a representative sample.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Paul"]I agree with your point and disagree lol, if you were going to go to every away game or even 16 out of 19 you would get an away season ticket that would guarantee you a ticket.

That is how I see it working it''s points per game gone to home or away.[/quote]Yeah its tricky.But take me, season ticket holder, 10 minute walk to Carrow road. Say I didn''t go to away games, I don''t think I should be prioritised over someone who puts in thousands of miles travelling all over the country.Like I said, I have had my perk, I get the home games cheaper.[/quote]But that''s also the point, how many season ticket holders do you think go to away games?  Not that many I''d wager.[/quote]The group I regularly travel away with are all season ticket holders. I''d wager you''re guessing.[/quote]Of course I am, as are you.[/quote]But I''m not, am I?As a representative sample, the 10 or 12 people I know that are season ticket holders, all of them go to at least 8 away games a season.So, that is what I am basing my assumption on.[/quote]12 people you know doesn''t represent the 2500 that travel to away games.  You''re guess is as good as mine as to how many are season ticket holders, and the fact that games last season went on general sale points to season ticket holders not attending away games.[/quote]I never said it did. You made the implication that it is somehow a rarity that a season ticket holder would also go to away games.And I gave the example that actually, virtually every season ticket holder I know, does also attend away games.Well obviously not every single season ticket holder travels to every away game!Jeez this is hard work, I don''t even know what your original point was!