Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Leroy Fer's Honeymoon

Does anyone else find it slightly strange that a professional footballer is away on his honeymoon just 10 days before his club''s openeing match of the season?

Well I do!!

Yes, he''s had the World Cup etc, but this surely is the wrong time of year to be squeezing in a honeymoon.  Hundreds of NCFC players in the past would have been getting married whilst playing for us, but I have NEVER heard of one being unavailable so close to the new season because he''s away on honeymoon.

Ok, it''s been the WC, but surely he could have waited till next June, or at the very least just postponed his actual honeymoon until a more suitable time?  A drawback of a PL footballer perhaps, but they are richly rewarded.  However many thousands of pounds we pay hime each week should mean that, injuries aside, he should be fit, ready and available to go at Wolves on 10th August. 

That he is not suggests that we should get rid - £6m should be fine thank you very much.

But you have likely not heard of one playing at a world cup either?He has trained and played all summer, he''s due some time off. Technically he doesn''t need a pre season.

As people have said, due to his World Cup duties he is given an extended break.

Wenger has said that due to to getting to the World Cup final Özil, Poldoski and Mertezaker are likely to miss the beginning of the season.

Fer also had an injury during the summer so best he is allowed to rest that and come back fully fit (although probably not for Norwich).

[quote user="flecky76"]Does anyone else find it slightly strange that a professional footballer is away on his honeymoon just 10 days before his club''s openeing match of the season?

Well I do!!

Yes, he''s had the World Cup etc, but this surely is the wrong time of year to be squeezing in a honeymoon.  Hundreds of NCFC players in the past would have been getting married whilst playing for us, but I have NEVER heard of one being unavailable so close to the new season because he''s away on honeymoon.

Ok, it''s been the WC, but surely he could have waited till next June, or at the very least just postponed his actual honeymoon until a more suitable time?  A drawback of a PL footballer perhaps, but they are richly rewarded.  However many thousands of pounds we pay hime each week should mean that, injuries aside, he should be fit, ready and available to go at Wolves on 10th August. 

That he is not suggests that we should get rid - £6m should be fine thank you very much.[/quote]

Holy sh it your seriously posted this....lol

It''s the same for us or any team him could potentially join. Why have such a big deal about his honeymoon? Two massive events in his life in over a month, give the guy a break. He''ll be playing football soon...

[quote user="Pitchforks & Torches"]It''s the same for us or any team him could potentially join. Why have such a big deal about his honeymoon? Two massive events in his life in over a month, give the guy a break. He''ll be playing football soon...

Disappointed there is no connection to wiz on this post

Yep, I''m sure I''ve just seen Fer on the Pirates ship, downing about 8 pints of Sangria, whilst his wife was singing ''Get them down you zulu warrior.....''

Players miss games when they have kid or attend a funeral. I don''t see why it''s so strange that a wedding / honeymoon could result in a game being missed (obviously less flexibility with the dates of the above events) but it''s not like he could have done it while the WC was on.

If we want to keep him, denying him of a honeymoon could piss him off if we''re trying to keep him onside! missing 1 or 2 games out of 46 wouldn''t be the end of the world

I cannot believe that some people are begrudging him time to get married and have a honeymoon like any other person. He went straight from a season playing for us to the Dutch training camp, then to the World Cup and only had around 2 weeks free time after that finished.There is more to life than playing football.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Dobson, Dewhurst, Crapper, McIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt."Neville Davitt scored two in`t last minute and Frank Haggerty saved a penalty."

[quote user="Molly Windley"]I cannot believe that some people are begrudging him time to get married and have a honeymoon like any other person. He went straight from a season playing for us to the Dutch training camp, then to the World Cup and only had around 2 weeks free time after that finished.There is more to life than playing football.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Dobson, Dewhurst, Crapper, McIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt."Neville Davitt scored two in`t last minute and Frank Haggerty saved a penalty."

[/quote]

Yeah, there is watching football, talking about football, reading about football and posting cr@p on websites. Sometimes even about football.

The guy suffered relegation with us but couldn''t go and get over it as he then had to stay fit, travel to Brazil, hang on for a pointless third place play off, got married, and is then expected to come straight back without any time off at all? Madness.

Give him the time to recover then even if ''arry has £15m in his hand ready to give us for Leroy, hold onto him to be in perfect condition to destroy the scummers then sell him after!

To me, allowing him time off for a wedding/honeymoon is ludicrous.I''m sure the players will have a return to work date, with some dispensation set for the players coming back from the World Cup.But to then allow extra time for a wedding and honeymoon is taking the pi55.I''m sure the lads that are back on time are not too happy Leroy is away somewhere sunning it up, while they are going through the nightmare that is pre-season!Why it had to be this summer and not postponed for a year to accommodate the World Cup is beyond me!

I would be seriously annoyed if my employer didn''t let me have time off for a honeymoon, footballers are people too!

Adams knows deep down he is going so is giving him as much time off sovwhen we sell to QPR he won''t be match fit til September. : p

[quote user="CDMullins"]To me, allowing him time off for a wedding/honeymoon is ludicrous.

I''m sure the players will have a return to work date, with some dispensation set for the players coming back from the World Cup.

But to then allow extra time for a wedding and honeymoon is taking the pi55.

I''m sure the lads that are back on time are not too happy Leroy is away somewhere sunning it up, while they are going through the nightmare that is pre-season!

Why it had to be this summer and not postponed for a year to accommodate the World Cup is beyond me!

[/quote]

I can see where you''re coming from and I sort of agree.

But mainly I don''t think the wedding/honeymoon needed to be mentioned. They could have simply said he''s got an extended break due to the WC. What he does in his time off is up to him.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]To me, allowing him time off for a wedding/honeymoon is ludicrous.

I''m sure the players will have a return to work date, with some dispensation set for the players coming back from the World Cup.

I''m sure the lads that are back on time are not too happy Leroy is away somewhere sunning it up, while they are going through the nightmare that is pre-season!

Why it had to be this summer and not postponed for a year to accommodate the World Cup is beyond me!

[/quote]

But mainly I don''t think the wedding/honeymoon needed to be mentioned. They could have simply said he''s got an extended break due to the WC. What he does in his time off is up to him.

[/quote]

He wasn''t given extra time off for his wedding & honeymoon, he was given time off after the world cup and he chose to get married during that time. What he''s doing is no different from loads of other players involved in the world cup who have been given a holiday after the tournament.

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really think the players would actually care? Whilst they were out sunning and having fun Leroy was in Brazil playing for his country. What is the difference?

Also by UK law, he is entitled to this time off.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He wasn''t given extra time off for his wedding & honeymoon, he was given time off after the world cup and he chose to get married during that time. What he''s doing is no different from loads of other players involved in the world cup who have been given a holiday after the tournament.

[/quote]

Oh, right.

I was under the impression he had been given time off in addition to the time he already had for his delayed return following the World Cup.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]To me, allowing him time off for a wedding/honeymoon is ludicrous.I''m sure the players will have a return to work date, with some dispensation set for the players coming back from the World Cup.But to then allow extra time for a wedding and honeymoon is taking the pi55.I''m sure the lads that are back on time are not too happy Leroy is away somewhere sunning it up, while they are going through the nightmare that is pre-season!Why it had to be this summer and not postponed for a year to accommodate the World Cup is beyond me!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really think the players would actually care? Whilst they were out sunning and having fun Leroy was in Brazil playing for his country. What is the difference?

Also by UK law, he is entitled to this time off.

[/quote]Wouldn''t you? If your colleague was given free time off whilst you were grafting?I''m sure they would rather have been playing at the WC too and then sunning it up!Correct, but only at the discretion of his employer, there is all kind of times where employers don''t allow staff to take their ''holiday entitlement'' for teachers its term time, for me its during the Cheltenham Festival or Grand National.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]To me, allowing him time off for a wedding/honeymoon is ludicrous.I''m sure the players will have a return to work date, with some dispensation set for the players coming back from the World Cup.But to then allow extra time for a wedding and honeymoon is taking the pi55.I''m sure the lads that are back on time are not too happy Leroy is away somewhere sunning it up, while they are going through the nightmare that is pre-season!Why it had to be this summer and not postponed for a year to accommodate the World Cup is beyond me!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, right.

I was under the impression he had been given time off in addition to the time he already had for his delayed return following the World Cup.

[/quote]I also got this impression

The latest report says he is returning on his scheduled date of 4th August, no-one has said that he was given extra holiday.

[quote user="CDMullins"]
Correct, but only at the discretion of his employer, there is all kind of times where employers don''t allow staff to take their ''holiday entitlement'' for teachers its term time,

for me its during the Cheltenham Festival or Grand National.

[/quote]

...are you a horse?

First Wazzock wrote:

Wonder if he went down in the box...?

Leroy will have been showing off his World Cup balls.

Mrs Fer is hoping there''s no result by the end of normal time. During extra time the Golden Goal regulations apply, but if Leroy scores first he loses, and has to take a penalty.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Correct, but only at the discretion of his employer, there is all kind of times where employers don''t allow staff to take their ''holiday entitlement'' for teachers its term time,

for me its during the Cheltenham Festival or Grand National. [/quote]

...are you a horse?

[/quote]Neigh