Sign in to follow this  
pete

Tettey to Sunderland?

This is rumoured but cannot find any mention in any Sunderland articles. Possible rubbish of course.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]It was posted on Carrowroad.net, somewhere between "I Miss Jamie Cureton" and "Delia Ruined My Life".

[/quote]

It was Lapps from here who posted it on carrowroad.net Bor..................in case you''re interested![:|]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]It was posted on Carrowroad.net, somewhere between "I Miss Jamie Cureton" and "Delia Ruined My Life".[/quote]

It was Lapps from here who posted it on carrowroad.net Bor..................in case you''re interested![:|]

[/quote]Couldn''t be less interested, but thanks for that.Surprised you let him stay a member, he''s not exactly in your target market given he goes to games.

Good player but only plays 12/15 games season as sick note1 year left on contract get £2M now & goodbye

[quote user="alartz"]I so hope this true The bloke is just so overrated[/quote]

I agree he is over-rated - but that applies to most of our central midfielders - they were all consistently over run last season.

But, crucially,  he is head and shoulders the best holding, defensive midfielder we have - shouldnt we be encouraging the sale of the poorer players,  not the best we have in each position.

Yep, Tettey is to be preferred ahead of Johnson any day of the week for that holding midfielder spot.

Both are woeful shooters, but Johnson can hit one every other season, perhaps the same for Tettey.

But they are not in the team to score anyway, but to patrol the midfield area when others are out of position doing the attacking.

Tettey is decent at doing that. He is, in my eyes, a poor man´s Mikel. Doing it safely, he does not spray passes around, but wins the ball and leaves the inventiveness to others.

If I could choose, I would definitively rater be shipping out Johnson, but he will surely not be in much demand at other clubs...

From the little we have so far seen from Johnson this pre season, he seems to have reigned in his ambitious shots and passes a lot. Must have been spoken to about this. Great at doing the basics and will shine if he sticks to that. Would prefer having Johnson in the team for 40 matches this season, than having Tettey in for 10 - 12 and Johnson in the remainder because of the disruption.

Think Tettey might be ones who indicated that he might want to go when he spoke with Neyul at the end of the season.

Get rid of him. Had a decent handful of games when he first joined. Has been poor ever since. Mind you, scored one of the best goals I''ve seen at Carrow Road, but still sh1t.

Difficult to make a case for any of our midfield players to stay or go on last seasons performances, Tettey does not deserve to be singled out.None stood out, they were all inconsistent, hence the paradox of keeping 12 clean sheets and shipping 62 goals in the same season.___________________________________________________________________________________Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Dobson, Dewhurst, Crapper, McIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt. "Neville Davitt scored two in`t last minute and Frank Haggerty saved a penalty."