Sign in to follow this  
AidanC

The wolf hunted

http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=364812

It seems clubs are looking into Ricky, which is good, I truly want him to do well at norwich, but a lone seems a good option this season, if by the article said doesn''t he want to play in the championship.

If he thinks he''s too good for the Chumps then maybe we should cut our losses and part company now.

Yeah it was discussed yesterday, it sounds like its his agent trying to stir something up.I was told ages ago that it was the clubs intention to loan him out for the season, perhaps this is the wheels starting to turn in that direction.I''d be more than happy for him to stay though.

Apologies I didn''t see the thread, I would want him to stay as long as I knew he had a good chance of breaking in the side not rotting on the bench, his commitment is 100%.

[quote user="AidanC"]Apologies I didn''t see the thread, I would want him to stay as long as I knew he had a good chance of breaking in the side not rotting on the bench, his commitment is 100%.[/quote]Lol, I wasn''t telling you off[;)]Hopefully we''ll see him in the friendly on Friday.I doubt we''ll sell him, we would make too much of a loss, the loan option seems most likely.

Haha I like you morty - if we could sell him for 4-5m would you take it / expect the board to take it

[quote user="AidanC"]Haha I like you morty - if we could sell him for 4-5m would you take it / expect the board to take it[/quote]No one would offer us that money.But if they did, I''d expect the board to rip their hand off!Lets face it, what we have on our hands is a striker that we''d all really like to come good, nothing more. It could have been "Hootun''s negative tactics" or maybe he just didn''t settle into the English game, who knows?But if we were offered that money we''d be daft not to take it, as much as I like the guy.

Couldn''t agree more - VitalNorwich and carrowroad.net both utter garbage websites

[quote user="splutcho"]That Vital site is a 24/7 stream of constant horsesh*t. And the writing is terrible too.[/quote]

[quote user="splutcho"]That Vital site is a 24/7 stream of constant horsesh*t. And the writing is terrible too.[/quote]Agree, but the info re Ricky''s agent touting him is fairly accurate, I think it came from the Dutch press.

I do still think we could get a few million from a team in Holland/Portugal/Turkey for him. I don''t see how us loaning him out really helps and I just see him getting bullied out of games at this level. Last season you could see he just couldn''t cope with the physicality and kept looking to ref for free kicks that he would have got in Portugal but not here.

[quote user="king canary"]I do still think we could get a few million from a team in Holland/Portugal/Turkey for him. I don''t see how us loaning him out really helps and I just see him getting bullied out of games at this level. Last season you could see he just couldn''t cope with the physicality and kept looking to ref for free kicks that he would have got in Portugal but not here.[/quote]But we don''t need to take a loss, thats the point.Loan him out for a season, get someone else to pay his wages while he finds his feet again and hopefully has a good season.If he has had a good season then we have a choice (depending on what division we are in) we can either cash in, hopefully for more based on him having had a good season, or we have him back here.

Even considering the tactics, he had a dire season and did miss a few sitters, had some poor matches and even had that pass to an invisible team mate.

That all said and done, I too would still like to see him stay and deliver a good season for us.

However, the best option all round must be a loan, in to the top tier of a league outside of England, where he can adapt easier, get his confidence back, score some goals and once again be a player other teams would pay decent money for.

Ricky van Wolfswinkel’s agent, Louis Laros quoted as saying "the Championship is not the stage on which he plays football.”

This really angers me when players get relegated and either they or their agent come out with this sh*t. Well Ricky, perhaps if you''d scored some f*cking goals you and the team wouldnt be playing in it.

Every single player (perhaps with the exception of Olsson) earned their new status as Championship players. Olsson in my opinion is the only player last season who didnt perform.

You cant get a club relegated by putting in consistently poor performances and then declare you are somehow above it.

Ricky himself seems committed to the cause and not distancing himself from what happened last season, it seems to be standard BS from his agent - but players who have spent a year proving they are very much inadequate for the Premiership and need to drop down a level need to accept their fate and lose some of the arrogance

Assuming he goes on loan to Portugal/Holland/Turkey, even if he has a good season his value won''t increase that much as he still won''t have achieved anything in a big league. He''s already scored goals in cr*p leagues and nobody is going to risk an outlay as large as the one we made. I think our best bet is to keep hold of him, especially if Hooper gets prised away from us.

Original article is here:-
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vi.nl%2Fnieuws%2Fbuitenlandse-clubs-melden-zich-voor-van-wolfswinkel.htm&edit-text=
And these are the comments left by Dutch readers:
All Comments (17) 
peter Roeffen 
Indeed, he is not a European summit, and he has helped by injuries had a lousy year, but Van Wolfswinkel is not small and therefore too big for the Dutch league. Again Portugal or Turkey else? German middle engine could also very well be 
Sjoerd Siemes 
Did not fit into the system of Nowich and thereby failed, in Portugal he was fine 
Ron Schrievers 
Mediocre striker. Short of the major league clubs that play championship and foreign clubs really do not run hot for him. 
sarry move 
No ajax had an Icelandic striker who was much better 
Kees Van Houten 
Pffffffff overrated striker. all 
Nothing! 
Patrick Nieuwenhuijzen 
Then there is need to do more, he had 
Sjoerd Rutten 
Last year many MotD seen on BBC. I think he scored the 1st game of the season, often had bad luck, was sometimes used incorrectly, but he''s also missed opportunities ... aj aj aj ..... 
But hey, this year''s 15 goals in the Championships and no beeps are still to 
Rick Kuiter 
Know his father personally and he is just one player in the 16 as he is deadly out there and a lot less 
Wouter W 
Good player but Norwich was the wrong choice. Those are ''kick and rush'' clubs and he does not fit through his physical. 
Ronald Nijland 
Clinical striker, who will come to the bin. 
John Luten 
Just a very good player who last season was unlucky. He proves himself still, even in England. 
Bart Hoving 
Dutch club Feyenoord and Vitesse would have. But for those clubs, I think he''s still too expensive. 
Rob de Haan 
This article states that there is no interest from the Netherlands. Deserves probably too much for Dutch clubs. 
Proud of the Netherlands 
Good player has not done badly in Portugal is very injury prone unfortunately. 
Ferdinand Lautenbag 
Heavily overrated footballer this. Think ''The Championship'' is still too high ... 
Mark Doeland 
Simply go back to the Premier League guy. I''d like to see play as Sightórsson is finally sold him. Ajax 
Kees Van Houten 
Noooooit Ajax!!

Can anyone confirm if RVW has ever scored more than 10 league goals in a season?

Excluding youth football.

Excluding penalties.

If not, we can probably put the whole "he was prolific in x, y or z...." comments to bed.

The club will not them him go for 4 to 5 million, that''s too much of a loss. Better to loan him out somewhere in Europe and hope he rediscovers his goalscoring touch. We then either take him back for our return to the PL or sell him at a profit.

According to the woman on the massive iPad on ssn St Ettienne interested in the wolf but didn''t say loan, perm etc. never too reliable tho ssn obviously

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]The club will not them him go for 4 to 5 million, that''s too much of a loss. Better to loan him out somewhere in Europe and hope he rediscovers his goalscoring touch. We then either take him back for our return to the PL or sell him at a profit.[/quote]An ofer of £4m-£5m (I assume pounds rather than euros)? I think we would grab it with every hand available. A season-long loan might see van Wolfswinkel''s value go back up somewhere near the £8.5m we paid, but it might fall even further.

I was just about to that purple say you loan him and has a dire season again he will be worth peanuts either keep or sell for 5 mill if you can get that

" Wouter W

Good player but Norwich was the wrong choice. Those are ''kick and rush'' clubs and he does not fit through his physical. "

Since when have we been a kick and rush team? Not sure we had the quality in midfield to get the right ball to RVW at times last year maybe. He makes all the right noises on twitter so let''s hope he stays and proves his worth. After all the championship is a better standard than a lot of European leagues.

I''ve said it before and i''ll say it again RVWs game is all about movement and timing of the delivery, something that rarely happenned under CH, too much went through snoddy, who, despite being our top scorer , was like the ball hog in the playground and was all about himself, ''on the ball,hold on to it, delay,check back,delay pass again, oh dear the penalty area is full of defenders, might as well lob one in as i''m up a blind alley and let ricky try to scrap for it....oh that didnt work, i''ll try the same again in a few mins.''.....maybe thats why NA was prepared to let him go. Quick incisive passing will provide chances, ball hogging slow wingers will not.

From the games i saw RVW was often moving in to space when the ball SHOULD have been delivered , but wasnt, how the hell can he score in those circumstances.....we may well play a completely different game this season compared to last...i certainly hope so. i bet ricky does too.

[quote user="tblowers9"]According to the woman on the massive iPad on ssn St Ettienne interested in the wolf but didn''t say loan, perm etc. never too reliable tho ssn obviously[/quote]

It says a loan to St Etienne in the Sun today.

Removing RVW from our squad means IMO no promotion and start of the slippery slope.