Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Tonights Team

Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Turner, Olsson; Johnson, Surman; Grabban, Hoolahan, Redmond; Lafferty.Subs: Rudd (GK), Hooper, Pilkington, Loza, E Bennett, Garrido, Josh Murphy, R Bennett.

4-2-3-1... I think. The way the team is read out makes it look like we''ll line up like this:
                      Ruddy
Whittaker Martin Turner Olsson
                Surman Johnson
     Grabban Hoolahan Redmond
                   Lafferty

Looks close to starting line up this season and would not mind if it is.

I expect it''s the diamond with Wes at the tip and Redmond on the right with Surman on the left.

Hooper will be the next one off then , no way will he be sitting on a Championship bench next season , shame really because he is head and shoulders better than the two we are starting .

[quote user="lappinitup"]Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Turner, Olsson; Johnson, Surman; Grabban, Hoolahan, Redmond; Lafferty.

Subs: Rudd (GK), Hooper, Pilkington, Loza, E Bennett, Garrido, Josh Murphy, R Bennett.
[/quote]

That''ll be his side for Wolves baring injuries or transfers.

[quote user="Prem1"]Hooper will be the next one off then , no way will he be sitting on a Championship bench next season , shame really because he is head and shoulders better than the two we are starting .[/quote]What is Hooper and Grabban get a half each? What will you take from that?

i also think that is close to the starting line up given current injuries.

I think it will be a diamond.

That line up shows the need for a better def cm (whether diamond or 451 variant) and the need for an addition rb, cb and striker to be signed

COYY

[quote user="Prem1"]Hooper will be the next one off then , no way will he be sitting on a Championship bench next season , shame really because he is head and shoulders better than the two we are starting .[/quote] lol

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Prem1"]Hooper will be the next one off then , no way will he be sitting on a Championship bench next season , shame really because he is head and shoulders better than the two we are starting .[/quote]What is Hooper and Grabban get a half each? What will you take from that?[/quote]

Would still expect him to start the player he is starting tonight , and if it comes down to a player Adams signed or one who was already here he will opt for his own man .The only way Hooper will stay at this level is if he is a first team starter . He is the best we have by a country mile starting him on the bench is an insult .

Its a strong 19, and who''s to say that the team he ends up with after substitutions will not be the starting eleven vs Wolves? I say that because clearly a couple of players need more game time than others right now and that is possibly why they are starting. Either way, with the number of games this season even a player that starts the season on the bench could easily end up playing 20 + matches, really is about the squad.

[quote user="Prem1"]Hooper will be the next one off then , no way will he be sitting on a Championship bench next season , shame really because he is head and shoulders better than the two we are starting .[/quote]Good to see you back ncfc, missed your misery.

I really hope we stick with this formation this season, with Lafferty and more attacking intent it could work really well.

As long as the 3 advanced midfielders support the striker properly and are fluid enough then it will be hard to defend again. With players like Grabban, Redmond, Bennett, Murphy, Pilks potentially, Hoolahan and even Hooper being the main choices in behind Lafferty there is a nice mix of different strengths to utilise.

Think we''ll be treated to some good football this season!

6 - GOAL: Norwich City 1-0 Celta Vigo (Grabban)An early goal for the Canaries! Grabban latches onto a fine pass from Martin Olsson and picks his spot.

11 - GOAL: Norwich City 2-0 Celta Vigo (Grabban)Magic from Wes

on byline as Celta fail to clear lines, he picks out Grabban who can''t

miss. Strutting stuff from #ncfc - 2-0, 12mins

Two now.

Celta are playing Wolves tomorrow as well. Anyone know how strong a line up they have out tonight?

I agree re the live updates. I''d like to actually get some feel for how we are playing not just goal updates and a load of nonsense chat. Davitts updates were more informative.

All first teamers;

Rubén 264k

Jonny 2.64m

S.Gómez 2.2m

Fontàs 3.08m

Planas 2.2m

Borja Fdez.1.76m

Krohn-Dehli 2.64m

Á.López 2.64m

S.Mina 2.2m

Nolito 5.28m

Larrivey 2.64m

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Pink Un live updates are hopeless, absolutely hopless.[/quote]They are normally good but tonight it is just waffle-bollox.

27 - GOAL: Norwich City 2-1 Celta Vigo (Nolito)The visitors halve the deficit as Michael Krohn-Dehli plays in Nolito, who finds the corner of Ruddy''s net.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]I recognise a few names on their teamsheet so it''s safe to say this isn''t a c team we''re playing.[/quote]I make it that three players (Fontas, Krohn-Dehli and Nolito) starting tonight started their penultimate game last season, which was a 2-0 win over Real Madrid. One of the used subs against Real Madrid (A Lopez) is also starting tonight.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Try NCFC Twitter here:

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC

I have both on.[/quote]

Far better commentary and feed with no awful banal chat, thanks

Who was in the side last season is only a guide, in the last few seasons we have bought in 5-6 new guys.

Ultimately, we are a Champs side playing a team from the Spanish top flight who would certainly not expect to be beaten by us whoever is playing for them.