Sign in to follow this  
natalie

To all norwich fans

To all norwich we are going up to the premiership this year i have padied my shres this year and we will do it who is agreeing with me i have back up by roy waller saying that we will get up

Have u seen my post? ''top 6-give your opinion''. Some people are putting us finishing in 5th!
Where''s the belief gone guys!

Well that''s alright, then. If Roy Waller says we are going up, I can relax now.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find Roy Waller completely inept at his job? Yes, he is a "fan" and of course you wouldn''t expect anything else on a local radio station. But I would have thought that the first requirement of a football commentator is the ability to describe a football match. Whenever I have to miss an away game because of work commitments, I tune in to Radio Norfolk to listen to what they laughingly describe as a "full match commentary".

What I get is the same every time.

Waller telling me how uncomfortable the press box/ commentary position is.

Waller telling me what a ramshackle, run down, ground he''s looking at.

Waller informs me that Norwich City are "wearing the familiar yellow and green"

Waller says that the "travelling Norwich fans are away to my left" Even if they are to his right.

Then the game starts.

Waller picks out one Norwich player at random and continuously slates him mercilessly.

Waller "can''t understand why Huckerby/McVeigh/Roberts/Svensson keeps getting caught offside"

Waller complains about a fan standing up in front of him.

Waller says "you''re listening to football on BBC Radio Norfolk". Thanks, Roy. I wish.

Waller rambles on about how long it took him to drive to whatever ground he''s at.

Meanwhile, Neil Adams is desperately trying to get a word in edgeways to inform us about tactics, formations, and (crucially) what''s actually happening on the pitch.

Half time arrives.

Waller informs us that "there were no sandwiches left by the time he got to the press room"

The second half kicks off.

Waller moans some more about the standard of the catering.

Waller suddenly shouts " Oh! It''s in!! Is it......? Yes!" We all wait with baited breath for him to tell us which team has scored, let alone which player. Then Waller says "Oh...... no, it went behind."

Waller complains that "it''s no use Green kicking long balls upfield towards McVeigh"

Waller says it''s "cold"

Waller tells us the latest score from Portman Road.

Waller invites us to "call Neil Adams after the match"

The match ends.

Well, thanks a bunch Roy. You really painted a picture with words for me there. I closed my eyes and really thought I was there for a moment.

So completely and utterly true it''s painful. Waller should be on an alternative, comedy radio station that you can turn on if you''re 4-0 up and fancy a laugh. Trying to use that station as a viable "match replacement" is a joke, and one that isn''t funny at that.

Sorry Roy! but its time you stepped aside and made room for that "most excellent" broadcaster Alan Partridge!.

Yep! I totally agree, Roys match commentaries are a bit.... well, frustrating at times!.
Roy used to be indecisive now he''s not so sure!.

Who''s the younger guy that fills in for Roy sometimes? he''s very good and works well with Neil Adams.

"Time for a change?". OTBC

Can''t understand why RW gets so excited when the opposition scores......his voice gets all excited...he says "theyv''e scored!!"...I get excited....then he says its the other team :-P

Old man Andy..

Excellent post and so true. I laughed all the way through it..

Well done