Sign in to follow this  
bloodwagon

RvW........

"Always good to be back home in Norwich. New season, new focus"

If anyone got that he''s not happy and doesn''t want to be here, you''re dead right, people do read whatever they wanted to hear!!!

[quote user="cityforever"]"Always good to be back home in Norwich. New season, new focus"

If anyone got that he''s not happy and doesn''t want to be here, you''re dead right, people do read whatever they wanted to hear!!![/quote]New season, new focus more says to me "New focus elsewhere" if I''m honest.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityforever"]"Always good to be back home in Norwich. New season, new focus"

If anyone got that he''s not happy and doesn''t want to be here, you''re dead right, people do read whatever they wanted to hear!!![/quote]New season, new focus more says to me "New focus elsewhere" if I''m honest.[;)][/quote]Lmao Morty, how can you read that in what Ricky tweeted, sometimes your funny

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityforever"]"Always good to be back home in Norwich. New season, new focus"

If anyone got that he''s not happy and doesn''t want to be here, you''re dead right, people do read whatever they wanted to hear!!![/quote]New season, new focus more says to me "New focus elsewhere" if I''m honest.[;)][/quote]Lmao Morty, how can you read that in what Ricky tweeted, sometimes your funny [/quote]The winky icon should have been a giveaway.But he doesn''t say specifically "New focus at Norwich" does he?[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityforever"]"Always good to be back home in Norwich. New season, new focus"

If anyone got that he''s not happy and doesn''t want to be here, you''re dead right, people do read whatever they wanted to hear!!![/quote]New season, new focus more says to me "New focus elsewhere" if I''m honest.[;)][/quote]

Actually, you make a good point. If we''re just going to change and add words to his tweet, now I come to think about it he could have meant to put this

"Always awful to be back home in Norwich. New season, new focus"

He hates Norwich!!!!!!!! Get him out!!!!!! ;)

[quote user="cityforever"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityforever"]"Always good to be back home in Norwich. New season, new focus"

If anyone got that he''s not happy and doesn''t want to be here, you''re dead right, people do read whatever they wanted to hear!!![/quote]New season, new focus more says to me "New focus elsewhere" if I''m honest.[;)][/quote]

Actually, you make a good point. If we''re just going to change and add words to his tweet, now I come to think about it he could have meant to put this

He hates Norwich!!!!!!!! Get him out!!!!!! ;)[/quote]The point I am making is that the tweet is totally neutral, and open to interpretation.He has likely been away in Holland, and has returned to his house in Norwich, because that is where he lives, and he is looking forward to playing football again (but doesn''t specifically say where)The rest is how you want to spin it.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityforever"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityforever"]"Always good to be back home in Norwich. New season, new focus"

He hates Norwich!!!!!!!! Get him out!!!!!! ;)[/quote]The point I am making is that the tweet is totally neutral, and open to interpretation.He has likely been away in Holland, and has returned to his house in Norwich, because that is where he lives, and he is looking forward to playing football again (but doesn''t specifically say where)The rest is how you want to spin it.[:)]

[/quote]But why oh why are city fans ALWAYS looking on the bad side of things when it looks to me he wants to prove himself here ??

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityforever"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityforever"]"Always good to be back home in Norwich. New season, new focus"

[/quote]But why oh why are city fans ALWAYS looking on the bad side of things when it looks to me he wants to prove himself here ??[/quote]All about opinions though, isn''t it?

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Has he come out and said how he wants to pull on the Norwich shirt and prove himself to the fans or is all of this based on a few tweets here and there?

Just asking by the way.[/quote]I haven''t seen him tweet anything specifically talking about playing for Norwich this season.

True Morty, and that is my option and it will take Ricky himself to say he dont want to be here, and I cant see that happening.

Maybe some of his twitter friends should ask him then and see what he says.

If what he is saying is a direct link to him wanting to stay and fight for his place etc etc then I''m sure he will have no problem saying this in his tweets if asked?

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Maybe some of his twitter friends should ask him then and see what he says.

If what he is saying is a direct link to him wanting to stay and fight for his place etc etc then I''m sure he will have no problem saying this in his tweets if asked?[/quote]That is a great idea. I wonder if he will reply ?

[quote user="bloodwagon"]True Morty, and that is my option and it will take Ricky himself to say he dont want to be here, and I cant see that happening.[/quote]But he would never say that, would he?Nobody stupidly burns their bridges like that.Expect a press release stating that Ricky has gone on loan, but remains a Norwich City player etc etc etc.Its like players on loan at a club saying "I love it here, but remain a ( insert club name here) player, so its up to them if I stay or not."

[quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"]True Morty, and that is my option and it will take Ricky himself to say he dont want to be here, and I cant see that happening.[/quote]But he would never say that, would he?Nobody stupidly burns their bridges like that.Expect a press release stating that Ricky has gone on loan, but remains a Norwich City player etc etc etc.Its like players on loan at a club saying "I love it here, but remain a ( insert club name here) player, so its up to them if I stay or not."[/quote]So let me get this right Morty, the club says if hes sold or not ?The player dont get to say he dont want to go ?

That''s the point I was trying to make, albeit a little tongue in cheek!

Everyone is making assumptions about a few tweets when they could have numerous meanings; as do most posts on here come to think of it.....

"Feel good and Happy!

Wanna be back playing ASAP"

#ncfc

I understand what you''re saying about some tweets could have double meanings and you can sometimes read what you want into them, but you have to bend that tweet from 2 days ago pretty much to the point of breaking point to read anything other than he''s happy and wants to be back playing ASAP.

Note the #ncfc hashtag. Sure he didn''t say I can''t wait to be playing for Norwich again, but like I said, if you read into that he can''t wait to be playing for another team even with the Norwich hashtag, I think i''ll just leave it here and we''ll agree to disagree!

[quote user="cityforever"]"Feel good and Happy!

Wanna be back playing ASAP"

#ncfc

I understand what you''re saying about some tweets could have double meanings and you can sometimes read what you want into them, but you have to bend that tweet from 2 days ago pretty much to the point of breaking point to read anything other than he''s happy and wants to be back playing ASAP.

Note the #ncfc hashtag. Sure he didn''t say I can''t wait to be playing for Norwich again, but like I said, if you read into that he can''t wait to be playing for another team even with the Norwich hashtag, I think i''ll just leave it here and we''ll agree to disagree![/quote]This, and very well put City

Makes even less sense now then if that was a couple of days ago.

A loan move to France doesn''t happen overnight does it so chances are it''s been in the pipeline for a while, so maybe he''s playing (through choice or not) a twitter game with the fans to make sure he comes out looking like the good guy.

Not suggesting he''s not, just playing devils advocate on this one as someone isn''t being straight with us as fans.

Still doesn''t change my opinion that a move would be the right thing for him and the club.

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Makes even less sense now then if that was a couple of days ago.

A loan move to France doesn''t happen overnight does it so chances are it''s been in the pipeline for a while, so maybe he''s playing (through choice or not) a twitter game with the fans to make sure he comes out looking like the good guy.

Not suggesting he''s not, just playing devils advocate on this one as someone isn''t being straight with us as fans.

Still doesn''t change my opinion that a move would be the right thing for him and the club.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Makes even less sense now then if that was a couple of days ago.

Still doesn''t change my opinion that a move would be the right thing for him and the club
.[/quote]Like you say its Your opinion and if thats what you think well so be it, but its not mine.

So basically you''re were right. People will see whatever angle they want on it.

Him coming out saying he''s happy and can''t wait to be playing again ASAP, suddenly turns into he knew about the move and he''s just playing the fans.

Like I said earlier in the thread, the poor guy can''t win. Hope he scores loads for Saint Etienne and you know what? I fully believe he will. 62 goals in 152 before Hughton destroyed his confidence. I look forward to seeing all the "why did we loan him out" messages on here pretty soon.

Have a good evening lads :)

Would have liked him to stay and prove himself but lets not forget that he is also part of the reason we are playing Championship football this season. By jumping ship he will now be remembered as the worst signing in our history. Real shame. Lets hope he has a good season on loan and they take the permanent option otherwise we will have a high earning player that doesnt want to be here back that with 2 poor seasons behind him will be worthless.

[quote user="JF"]Would have liked him to stay and prove himself but lets not forget that he is also part of the reason we are playing Championship football this season. By jumping ship he will now be remembered as the worst signing in our history. Real shame. Lets hope he has a good season on loan and they take the permanent option otherwise we will have a high earning player that doesnt want to be here back that with 2 poor seasons behind him will be worthless.[/quote]

^^this^^

It''s a shame that he''s not playing for us this season as I do believe there''s a strong possibility that he would become the player we hoped he would be last season. We don''t know what''s happened behind the scenes but I''m glad we''ve still got the option of having him in the squad if he proves himself in France.

He needs to play and maybe we couldn''t offer that. A loan move is the best option at present

I should think recently Adams has told Rvw he isn''t going to be one of his first choices to start. Rvw wants to be playing first team football so is now open to a move. If Adams really wanted him he would stay.

[quote user="ncfc4eva"]I should think recently Adams has told Rvw he isn''t going to be one of his first choices to start. Rvw wants to be playing first team football so is now open to a move. If Adams really wanted him he would stay.[/quote]

Yep, this is likely. If Ricky or his agent wanted assurances he would be playing every week, Neil would ofcourse not be able to guarantee that.

And as such, the possible loan deal surfaces.

Without the purchases of Lafferty and Grabban, RvW would be staying put, but with added competition, and no insurance of playing time ( no more assured than the other strikers at least) he may seek a move.

Sorry been watching this thread develop and cant believe the naivety of our fans...

Morty is bang on here, in summary, do you really believe RVW would tell the fans via social media he does not want to play for the club? Doesn''t want to play in Champ?

The guy in my opinion needs to grow some. Lots of his tweets have been ''Poor me'' since he''s been here. Injusry last year, ''why always me?'' Shirt number change, ''Ah well..'' Jesus get on with it. Life is all about disappointment, pick yourself  up and get on with it......

Then we get to the move; take a look at Paddy Davitts tweets here;

Paddy Davitt @paddyjdavitt  Â·  9h

Re: fer. No bids on the table. As you were. Back in training Monday. Rvw wd be welcomed back by NA if he decides to return

Paddy Davitt @paddyjdavitt  Â·  21h

to cover all of RvW wage during the proposed loan deal period

Paddy Davitt @paddyjdavitt  Â·  Jul 29

RvW agent Louis Laros quoted: ''The Championship is not the stage on which he plays football.'' Also not ruling out loan route option

Now this guy is close to what is going on.

I''m not saying Adams has told Ricky he is not first choice, but to think RVW is only focussed on Norwich since he has been back based on a few strategic tweets is naïve at best. He is playing  a good game of poker here, if he cant get the move he wants don''t burn bridges.

Make of it what you will, but I have seen posts on here and on Twitter saying the disgusting treatment of RVW, why? because we changed his squad number? He''s played this move better than any game he''s played for us......

[quote user="lincoln canary"]If only RVW had told Snoddy to jog on when we were awarded that penalty against Villa.

Life could be so different![/quote]

Yes, he may have scored 2 goals last season instead of one.....