Sign in to follow this  
bloodwagon

RvW........

I hear we are paying his wages if and when he leaves us.Now tell me, if we ARE paying his wages, why the hell are we not PLAYING him here and NOT in France.Adams said every ones got a clean sheet. Yeah right, looks like they have.Dont tell me Ricky wanted away, as all his tweets are very much wanting to stay here and prove himself. So why oh why in gods name are we getting rid of him ?I know he will come good with an attacking side, he scored two goals in the game he played, and STILL Adams the P!%k is getting rid of.I am fuming here. I am so mad at Adams, I just might tell him to his face  tonight GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

[quote user="morty"]Source?If I''m honest, I doubt it.[/quote]I cant find it but it was an interview with the Frence club

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"]Source?If I''m honest, I doubt it.[/quote]I cant find it but it was an interview with the Frence club[/quote]Hmmmm, well they may say that I guess. But I''d doubt it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"]Source?If I''m honest, I doubt it.[/quote]I cant find it but it was an interview with the Frence club[/quote]Hmmmm, well they may say that I guess. But I''d doubt it.[/quote]To be honest, we must be paying most of his wages as the wages they can offer is a fraction to what he makes over here

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"]Source?If I''m honest, I doubt it.[/quote]I cant find it but it was an interview with the Frence club[/quote]Hmmmm, well they may say that I guess. But I''d doubt it.[/quote]To be honest, we must be paying most of his wages as the wages they can offer is a fraction to what he makes over here[/quote]Or maybe they are paying the amount after he takes his relegation pay cut?

Couldn''t this have been shoe-horned into one of the other three RvW threads?

And why not wait until the club have officially announced something and revealed the details of any putative loan before going off on one?

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Couldn''t this have been shoe-horned into one of the other three RvW threads?

And why not wait until the club have officially announced something and revealed the details of any putative loan before going off on one?[/quote]Oh im sorry officer, please except my apologies. ( Bloody forum police ) To tell you the truth, thats how mad I am at Adams shipping him out. You might not care but I have tons of belief in Ricky.Plus I have a fiver on him to be the top scorer in the Championship :(Also Adams said EVERY ONE has a clean sheet, Yeah right !!

Might be some tax reason or something.  France has that stinkingly high tax rate for big earners.
*Guessing before I get jumped on*
We pay his wages, they pay us a single big loan fee?

I have to admit, I feel exactly the same way you do bloodwagon.

I am so annoyed that Ricky won''t be given a chance with us this season.

Different league now, had a year to settle in, different manager and more importantly, ATTACKING football. It was all set up for him this season, but he''s just being shoved out the back door.

It''s no real surprise he''ll be going I guess after Delia made her "Neil Adams done so well at the end of last season bearing in mind he didn''t have any strikers" quote when he was appointed. Seems minds were made up long before he got the job.

Adams quote should have been "Clean sheet for everyone apart from Bassong, Becchio and van Wolfswinkel".

I guess when he''s scoring every weekend in the top French league, we''ll hear everyone say we should have never loaned him out!

Adams forced him out , the squad numbers and Italy trip told you that (Lafferty was injured but still went on tour) suppose this sort of thing happens when you appoint clowns above their station . Would rather have Hughton back and am counting down the seconds to Adams sacking .

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Adams forced him out , the squad numbers and Italy trip told you that (Lafferty was injured but still went on tour) suppose this sort of thing happens when you appoint clowns above their station . Would rather have Hughton back and am counting down the seconds to Adams sacking . [/quote]Or Ricky said "Look boss, I am looking to get away"?

[quote user="morty"]Who is to say that it isn''t Ricky himself that prompted the move though?[/quote]Sorry Morty, On most things i agree with you, but this I really cant see it as all his tweets are for City and how hes looking forward to the new season, with city

Everything he posted on his twitter was professional and never ever hinted that he wanted away.

Bloody hell, he got his shirt number took from him and without moaning about it, his reply was "I guess it''s just a number"

2 days ago -

"Feel good and Happy!

Wanna be back playing ASAP"

#ncfc

Good to see Kyle Lafferty score for us.

Great start! 👍

#ncfc

Always good to be back home in Norwich. New season, new focus.

Starts now!

Doesn''t sound like he wanted to move to me, unless you know of something different?

Well Bloodwagon I do care about the club, but not very much for RvW frankly.

Maybe RvW wrote `I don''t want to play in the Championship'' on his clean sheet, or Adams assessed him in training and found him to be every bit as ineffective as he was in the matches in which he played.

Who can know? But it''s my (perhaps naïve) hope that the people in charge of the club are acting genuinely in its best interests.

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"]Who is to say that it isn''t Ricky himself that prompted the move though?[/quote]Sorry Morty, On most things i agree with you, but this I really cant see it as all his tweets are for City and how hes looking forward to the new season, with city[/quote]He never really specifically said "with city" as far as I recall.And really positive tweeting is no more than the modern day equivalent of a player kissing his badge, then requesting a transfer the very next week.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Well Bloodwagon I do care about the club, but not very much for RvW frankly.

Maybe RvW wrote `I don''t want to play in the Championship'' on his clean sheet, or Adams assessed him in training and found him to be every bit as ineffective as he was in the matches in which he played.

Who can know? But it''s my (perhaps naïve) hope that the people in charge of the club are acting genuinely in its best interests.[/quote]Seems they are not !!!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"]Who is to say that it isn''t Ricky himself that prompted the move though?[/quote]Sorry Morty, On most things i agree with you, but this I really cant see it as all his tweets are for City and how hes looking forward to the new season, with city[/quote]He never really specifically said "with city" as far as I recall.And really positive tweeting is no more than the modern day equivalent of a player kissing his badge, then requesting a transfer the very next week.[/quote]Morty, I know It dont mean anything when players tweet, but I really do think Ricky loves it here. he seems honest enough, Dont think he would lie.

IMO it might be sensible to chill a little until we know some detail. It is surely unlikely that we would continue to pay his full wages, otherwise he might as well be here, though we have to consider that his current transfer value will be extremely low.

Players generally hold the power, and for me it takes more than a couple positive tweets from a player to think that he hasn''t wanted away all along players are taught to play the PR game and it is easy to say ''I love it here'' whilst actively seeking a move.

Certainly calling Adams out on it seems extremely harsh without knowing anything for certain.

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"]Who is to say that it isn''t Ricky himself that prompted the move though?[/quote]Sorry Morty, On most things i agree with you, but this I really cant see it as all his tweets are for City and how hes looking forward to the new season, with city[/quote]He never really specifically said "with city" as far as I recall.And really positive tweeting is no more than the modern day equivalent of a player kissing his badge, then requesting a transfer the very next week.[/quote]Morty, I know It dont mean anything when players tweet, but I really do think Ricky loves it here. he seems honest enough, Dont think he would lie.[/quote]He hasn''t lied though, has he? Really its all just opinions, unless you know Ricky or Neil personally, or were a fly on the wall when they had a chat, we are all just guessing. And lets face it, if he threw a strop, then no club actually came in for him, then he''d look pretty stupid, and likely find himself playing in the reserves.He was simply being diplomatic, and saying the right things.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]IMO it might be sensible to chill a little until we know some detail. It is surely unlikely that we would continue to pay his full wages, otherwise he might as well be here, though we have to consider that his current transfer value will be extremely low.

Players generally hold the power, and for me it takes more than a couple positive tweets from a player to think that he hasn''t wanted away all along players are taught to play the PR game and it is easy to say ''I love it here'' whilst actively seeking a move.

Certainly calling Adams out on it seems extremely harsh without knowing anything for certain
.[/quote]Sorry Branston, just shows how mad I am at hearing this news as soon as i walk in. I have calmed down a bit now to be honest and just hope the news is a lie and dont happen.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"].

Certainly calling Adams out on it seems extremely harsh without knowing anything for certain.[/quote]
That''s far too sensible for this forum!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]and for me it takes more than a couple positive tweets from a player to think that he hasn''t wanted away all along players are taught to play the PR game and it is easy to say ''I love it here'' whilst actively seeking a move.[/quote]

Yet if Ricky put out a couple of tweets saying he wasn''t happy, I bet you would soon jump on that.

But saying he''s happy here and calling Norwich his home, you have to take it with a pinch of salt?

Poor guy can''t win, some of our supporters will always have it in for him.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"]Who is to say that it isn''t Ricky himself that prompted the move though?[/quote]Sorry Morty, On most things i agree with you, but this I really cant see it as all his tweets are for City and how hes looking forward to the new season, with city[/quote]He never really specifically said "with city" as far as I recall.And really positive tweeting is no more than the modern day equivalent of a player kissing his badge, then requesting a transfer the very next week.[/quote]Morty, I know It dont mean anything when players tweet, but I really do think Ricky loves it here. he seems honest enough, Dont think he would lie.[/quote]He hasn''t lied though, has he? Really its all just opinions, unless you know Ricky or Neil personally, or were a fly on the wall when they had a chat, we are all just guessing. And lets face it, if he threw a strop, then no club actually came in for him, then he''d look pretty stupid, and likely find himself playing in the reserves.He was simply being diplomatic, and saying the right things.[/quote] Sorry about all them quotes, anyway, i wish I was a fly on the wall lol.We will find out really soon if this is going through, if it does I for one will be so mad.But like Branston said, wait till some thing happen. Thats what im going to do, all this is not good for my blood pressure lol.

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"]Who is to say that it isn''t Ricky himself that prompted the move though?[/quote]Sorry Morty, On most things i agree with you, but this I really cant see it as all his tweets are for City and how hes looking forward to the new season, with city[/quote]He never really specifically said "with city" as far as I recall.And really positive tweeting is no more than the modern day equivalent of a player kissing his badge, then requesting a transfer the very next week.[/quote]Morty, I know It dont mean anything when players tweet, but I really do think Ricky loves it here. he seems honest enough, Dont think he would lie.[/quote]He hasn''t lied though, has he? Really its all just opinions, unless you know Ricky or Neil personally, or were a fly on the wall when they had a chat, we are all just guessing. And lets face it, if he threw a strop, then no club actually came in for him, then he''d look pretty stupid, and likely find himself playing in the reserves.He was simply being diplomatic, and saying the right things.[/quote] Sorry about all them quotes, anyway, i wish I was a fly on the wall lol.We will find out really soon if this is going through, if it does I for one will be so mad.But like Branston said, wait till some thing happen. Thats what im going to do, all this is not good for my blood pressure lol. [/quote]I''m just glad we talked you down off the ledge[;)]

[quote user="cityforever"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]and for me it takes more than a couple positive tweets from a player to think that he hasn''t wanted away all along players are taught to play the PR game and it is easy to say ''I love it here'' whilst actively seeking a move.[/quote]

Yet if Ricky put out a couple of tweets saying he wasn''t happy, I bet you would soon jump on that.

But saying he''s happy here and calling Norwich his home, you have to take it with a pinch of salt?

Poor guy can''t win, some of our supporters will always have it in for him.[/quote]Very true Cityforever, no matter what Ricky says no one will believe him, cept he wants to get away. Shame really, as I say I like him and want to give him a chance

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="cityforever"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]and for me it takes more than a couple positive tweets from a player to think that he hasn''t wanted away all along players are taught to play the PR game and it is easy to say ''I love it here'' whilst actively seeking a move.[/quote]

Poor guy can''t win, some of our supporters will always have it in for him.[/quote]Very true Cityforever, no matter what Ricky says no one will believe him, cept he wants to get away. Shame really, as I say I like him and want to give him a chance[/quote]To be honest, people read into them what they wanted to hear.If you actually look at them he was just saying he was looking back to playing football again.

Interesting reading ALL the RVW threads and the divided opinion.

The facts are that he wasn''t exactly a success last season, whether that was down to the management, not settling or him having season, etc etc it doesn''t actually matter, the fact is he struggled to find the net, and as a striker, it''s his job to either score or create chances....and we all know the final result of that.

The fiction is harder to state, yep we could keep him, he could score loads, prove his worth and we will all end up loving the guy for ever more; or he could have another bad season, we struggle to find the goals we need and don''t get promoted.

However, there is also no guarantee that the new strikers would score all the goals that we need to get us promoted and they might also have a stinker.

Yes his tweets are positive, maybe he does love the area and the club already, however, maybe he has held his hands up and admitted that he''s found it tough and wants a fresh start, doesn''t mean he can''t love the area blah blah blah.

The other fiction is that none, and I mean none of us will actually know the truth behind any decision made. It might be completely amicable and work out the best for all parties and one things is for absolute certainty, we will never find out the financial implications of any loan deal.

We have to assume that NA and his team have had a conversation between themselves and probably RVW and this is seen as the "right" thing to do, hindsight is a wonderful thing so with the lack of a crystal ball we will have to wait to see what happens.

For me, time for a change for him and the club. He needs to get playing again and have a fresh start.