Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Wolfy on loan - What is this saying about the belief of our management team?

The only reason i can see why the club would want the Wolf to go out on loan, as opposed to selling him, is that he would perform the business elsewhere, thus raising his value.

Does that not suggest we believe there''s potential there?, but also, that we feel we don''t have the capability of unlocking it?

Surely any manager coming in to this job fresh would see Ricky has a hugely rewarding project to get right? Not just in terms of his performance in front of goal, but ultimately as a saleable asset for the club still?

It''s as though we are hoping someone else will do that job for us. If there was no belief in him as a player we''d cut him loose to the highest bidder now, surely?

Just a thought.

I think you''ll find that it''s a financial business thing, and very little to do with his talent,

The rumours suggest that there is a fee argeed for Ricky to move permanently once the loan expires, as long as the club still want him.

I imagine there are very few, if any, clubs who want to take a risk on Ricky after his barren season. Loaning him out is the only way for Norwich to eventually get the amount they think he is worth.

None of us can know what has been said behind closed doors and I doubt Adams or Ricky will ever been unprofessional enough to discuss private conversations. We just have to accept that player and club want to move on and Ricky''s remaining time at Norwich is in the hours, not weeks.

I imagine the management team believes there''s no way RvW would contribute enough to our promotion push.

If he leaves we''ll obviously never know, but from what I saw of him last year, they''re right.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Just a pity we cannot pack Adams off somewhere too , but lets be honest no other club on the planet would give him a managers job .
[/quote]

AC Milan promoted their youth team manager to manager the first team, they copied us though so may be Inzahgi should thank Neil.

Bethnal, that would make sense of course if we felt he wasn''t good enough to have a sale tied in - but then if a fee is agreed up front, are we not selling ourselves out further up the river?

But still, all i can see here is business sense, and no belief from our management team that we can get the best out of him.

As a supporter i''m not comfortable going in that direction, if at the same time we''re willing to invest in our homegrown talent, it doesn''t make sense to me that there''s room there, but not for a potential european class player.

It''s all business sadly :(

Regardless of tactics and approach I think people have got to be a little bit realistic and accept that RVW simply is not as good as we all hoped he would/could be.

Perhaps the management have looked at the situation were in, considered RVW''s attributes and decided that despite possessing some talent for various reasons he''s been unable to show it in the Premier League and a season in the physical and sometimes arduous Championship (46 games per season, compared to 32 in Portugal) isn''t the best place for him to realise it.

If he were to stay he wouldn''t be a first choice striker and, from the board''s point of view I imagine Ricky''s wages represent something of a burden.

I think its better for all parties that he moves on.

Liverpool paid for £35m for Andy Carroll.

They paid considerably less for Daniel Sturridge.

Do you think they regret selling AC and buying DS?

No. Of course not. Because even though AC is a decent sort of player they''ve found someone who suits them better and can do a better job for them.

Perhaps we hope to do the same with RVW. Get rid and replace with someone who can do better for us.

We need to put the whole Wolf thing down to experience it happens to bigger and better clubs than us and for much more money,some you win (ie Holt £400,000) and some you lose that''s just the way it is,i''m sure he is a decent player just at the wrong club at the wrong time.

Stone - that''s the most valid point i''ve seen made, and would explain the decision to loan him into europe to raise his value.

That''s restored a bit of my faith if it''s the case i must admit.

Fantastic newsIf we can get someone to cover his substantial wages for a season and only lose £4M on the sale it just proves Adams knows exactly what he is doingWELL DONE ADAMSGET THAT FOOL WOLF OUT THIS CLUB

[quote user="Newton"]Fantastic newsIf we can get someone to cover his substantial wages for a season and only lose £4M on the sale it just proves Adams knows exactly what he is doingWELL DONE ADAMSGET THAT FOOL WOLF OUT THIS CLUB

[/quote]The biggest fool at this club is the comedy manager who should have stuck too his blubbering radio comments , quickly turning a Premiership side into a rank average Chumps side .Has not got a clue SACK him tonight and save the season ,

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Just a pity we cannot pack Adams off somewhere too , but lets be honest no other club on the planet would give him a managers job .
[/quote]

Winkle''s failings can''t be down to Adams imo..........so don''t be silly. 

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Just a pity we cannot pack Adams off somewhere too , but lets be honest no other club on the planet would give him a managers job .[/quote]

[/quote]Its Adams fault he is not being given the chance this season , Adams has frozen out so many players already , Bassong best centre back we have , not a look in under Adams .Joke decision appointing him and the sooner he''s gone the better .

Cheap Cheap Canaries wrote:
Just

a pity we cannot pack Adams off somewhere too , but lets be honest no

other club on the planet would give him a managers job .

Another stupid comment from an under 10 year old who has never seen a game live

[quote user="Newton"]

Cheap Cheap Canaries wrote:

Just a pity we cannot pack Adams off somewhere too , but lets be honest no other club on the planet would give him a managers job .

Another stupid comment from an under 10 year old who has never seen a game live

[/quote]

Me, under 10? [:D]

["Google Bot"]The only reason i can see why the club would want the Wolf to go out on loan, as opposed to selling him, is that he would perform the business elsewhere, thus raising his value.

Does that not suggest we believe there''s potential there?, but also, that we feel we don''t have the capability of unlocking it?

Surely any manager coming in to this job fresh would see Ricky has a hugely rewarding project to get right? Not just in terms of his performance in front of goal, but ultimately as a saleable asset for the club still?

It''s as though we are hoping someone else will do that job for us. If there was no belief in him as a player we''d cut him loose to the highest bidder now, surely?

Just a thought.

In reality -

Wolfswinkel in the end lost all of his confidence and subsequently wasn''t worth a place in the squad towards the end of last season!

The Championship is an unforgiving League which is not for the faint hearted or those not totally sure they want to be there - I''d suggest Wolfswinkel fits into both them categories!

If we sold him now we''d be lucky to get half our money back so its better to get him out on loan to a team in one of the mainland Euro Leagues which for the most part aren''t as hard as England, where he''s a proven goalscorer and can put a bit more on his current value!

Anyone with any sense will know that RvW''s current transfer value is diddly-squat, so by far the most sensible course - if he is to leave - is via an initial loan.

NA says it is up to him, and IMO this is definitely the case: he could stop here and fight for a place or go to France for a new start, and few would begrudge him that. In an ideal world I would have loved him to stay and come good, but I personally don''t think he is really cut out for the long rough and tumble of a Champs season.