Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Gary O'Neill

It''s not a bad signing if he''s just adding to the squad, but if he''s come to replace either fer, tettey or howson. then thats not good news

Given that he can play either CM or RM, he could be seen as an option to replace Snods, but I don''t think there is any intention to replace Fer, Tettey or Howson. IMO, he also would give another option on the right side of the diamond.

Would be happy with this signing, brings experience and some steel to the midfield.  Ye gods, one of our last Championship seasons saw us start with Fotheringham and Russell as centre midfielders with Matty Pattinson as cover.

Talksport are reporting this morning that he''s ''set to sign'' for us.

As others have said, not exactly exciting but if he''s here to add a little experienced cover and nous, then on a free, it''s a decent signing.

If he''s supposed to be replacing Fer then I consider it far less positively!

[quote user="Stone"]Talksport are reporting this morning that he''s ''set to sign'' for us.

As others have said, not exactly exciting but if he''s here to add a little experienced cover and nous, then on a free, it''s a decent signing.

If he''s supposed to be replacing Fer then I consider it far less positively![/quote]Yeah stuff popping up on twitter too.Agree the replacing Fer point!

I wonder how much this is about Howson''s injury, or how much it is about the likely departure of Fer?Or maybe its ticking both boxes.Regardless it shows that we are planning ahead for eventualities, a lot of people seem to bandy around the notion that we''ll lose players on the last day of the window and be left short.

Once the season starts, City don''t want to be caught out by players leaving and/or injuries. Having another option in midfield would smooth any transitions necessary should Fer and/or Tettey depart, especially as O''Neil can play either CM, RM or the right side of the diamond. Makes sense to me.

According to the link below, James Nursey, of The Daily Mirror says: "O''Neil could join Norwich City in the coming days".

Read more: http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co....#ixzz38xn25wOj

May be a while then before we know.

According to Carrowroad.net: "This is not a concrete, just a lose rumour, but we are lead to believe that Alex Tettey is en route to Sunderland to undergo a medical with regard to transfer to the Wearsiders".

Wait and see on this one.

Good player, experienced head, a welcome addition to the squad. Imagine that Tettey and Fer will be on their way, though, so I''d expect a more illustrious central midfield signing to complement this if true.

Better all round player than Tettey. Has Prem experience too. Good value on a free.

If it''s him in on a free to replace Tettey who is leaving for £2-4million then to me this is good business.

Would add some experience to an otherwise immature midfield - as long as he continues to have drive then he would be an astute signing. 

Has played wide right for most of his career,  which is not a position that I think we need options,  but has moved more central and then deeper over time.    If he is a replacement/competition for a defensive midfield space with Tettey (and in doing so keep BJ as a squad option only) then it can only be a signing to be commended. 

[quote user="chicken"]Better all round player than Tettey. Has Prem experience too. Good value on a free.

If it''s him in on a free to replace Tettey who is leaving for £2-4million then to me this is good business.[/quote]

Agreed, yes he is 31, yes he was deemed not good enough for the Prem, but we need a sprinkling of experienced heads in the team which is something we are lacking at this level.

I think he''d be a good signing. We will lose Fer and possibly Tettey too, so we need extra bodies and experience at this level. Not a signing that will excite, but one that seems quite necessary really.

Mind you, Reading also keen. Think he''ll come here.

I''m pretty sure O''Neil is a CM first and RM as an option, Zipper, but I may be wrong. With Surman on the left of the diamond, O''Neil would make a good partner on the right to feed the ball into Wes.

I''d be pleased with this as well, we''ve been lacking your standard all round center midfielder for ages, not a player who is just a ball winner like Tettey or purely a creative player like Howson and he''s got some experience, just off a promotion so yea good signing.

Johnson, O''neill, Howson, Surman, Hoolahan and (hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!) Fer are all astounding center midfield options at this level

You''re most likely right, I''m just hoping against all logic that we can convince him to stay, on his day he''d be the best player in this league by a long way. I''m only going on when I met him and he was really cool, talkative and seemed to have no ego whatsoever so HOPEFULLY he might be persuaded to give us another year :P

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Great , will Adams ever sign anybody even half decent ? .[/quote]No Cheap Cheap, hes selling them, or loaning them out  ;)