Sign in to follow this  
cambscanary

free up rvw wages = gary o'neil and others?

Gary O''neil just tweeted that he''ll have next season sorted by mon or tues next week. I think him joining us must be dependent on wages being cleared and/or money coming in otherwise it surely would''ve happened by now (he''s been training with us etc). So i reckon rvw will be gone by mon/tues. I just wonder if this means other transfers will also be dependent on players such as bassong and fer, who must be on big money, leaving first.....??

of course transfers are going to be dependant upon players leavingotherwise we would have a squad of around 100 since McNally took overI can''t see how this is being portrayed as some revelation or comment upon the club

I certainly would not be laughing, as I find the plight of our impoverished neighbours desperately pitiful and I only hope the poor old donkey is put out of his mysery sooner rather than later

http://www.davidduke.com/images/Dead-Donkey.jpg

ps thanks for letting us know that we have signed O''Neil

City1st wrote the following post at 02/08/2014 10:37 PM:

of course transfers are going to be dependant upon players leavingotherwise we would have a squad of around 100 since McNally took overI can''t see how this is being portrayed as some revelation or comment upon the club

This is a particularly relevant comment, Adams is not being allowed to build a squad merely fire fightingPlayers are only brought in when wages are freed up be those leaving (Lafferty & Grabbham in - Snody Fox  & Nash out straight swap wages & transfer fee, neutral effect to wages), this is a risky policy as it does not gtee that the replacements Adams has targetted will still be there when Wolf / Fer departAnother area of even greater concern is the reluctance to bring in a quality defender until Bassong is offloaded, from the performances so far & comments on this board Martin has not been convincing a centre back and reinforcements are needed now

It does beggar the question ...............where''s the bloody money gone! [:@]

[quote user="Wiz"]It does beggar the question ...............where''s the bloody money gone! [:@][/quote]

It does beggar the question, you do know we got relegated don''t you?Bringing a player into the squad who''s had experience of recenlty playing in the Championship and getting promoted will be invaluable.

[quote user="Wiz"]It does beggar the question ...............where''s the bloody money gone! [:@][/quote]

As i said previously the window is still open. If and when it shuts and we''ve only bought Grabban,Lafferty and O''Neil then you can ask this question. As would many, many others.

I''ve seen Cardiff fans online discussing the potential of getting him in so at least they''re as understanding as some of us about his benefits and what he can add to a team chasing promotion. He could be a wily transfer you know..29 games for QPR and obvious pedigree.

Herman wrote the following post at 03/08/2014 9:21 AM:

"As i said previously the window is still open. If and when it shuts and we''ve only bought Grabban,Lafferty and O''Neil then you can ask this question. As would many, many others."

Why would questions be asked though? At the moment we have nine players rumoured to be attracting attention or being pushed out of the door. Depending how many (and more importantly which) leave may force us to buy.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Herman wrote the following post at 03/08/2014 9:21 AM:

"As i said previously the window is still open. If and when it shuts and we''ve only bought Grabban,Lafferty and O''Neil then you can ask this question. As would many, many others."

Why would questions be asked though? At the moment we have nine players rumoured to be attracting attention or being pushed out of the door. Depending how many (and more importantly which) leave may force us to buy.[/quote]

What i mean is that if we do sell our better players and don''t see good quality replacements, then i think people have the right to ask questions. Personally speaking i can''t see this happening, and at the moment we have done some good deals, so hopefully by the time the window shuts questions won''t need to be asked.Clear as mud[:D]

GK          LB          RB            CB             WINGERS       CM/DM       AM             CF/SS

Ruddy      Olsson    Whittaker   R.Bennett    Redmond           Fer                 Hoolahan      Grabban

Rudd        Garrido   E.Bennett   Martin         Pilkington           Tettey             Fer               Hooper

Bunn                       Martin        Turner         Jo.Murphy          Johnson         Howson        Lafferty

Gafaiti         E.Bennett           Surman           Redmond      Redmond      

Ja.Murhpy         Howson                               Loza

O''Neill

Got to fit that lot (plus anyone I''ve forgotten) into 11 starting positions.. The potential acquisition of O''Neill makes me wonder about Fer going, but at the same time the season is long and people like Tettey and Howson are bound to get injured.

I''m assuming that Becchio and Bassong are goners and RvW is all, but gone. I guess Bunn will join them too come to think of it..

LET''S TRY THAT AGAIN

GK

Ruddy

Rudd

Bunn

LB

Olsson

Garrido

RB

Whittaker

E.Bennett

Martin

CB

R.Bennett

Martin

Turner

Gafaiti

WINGERS

Redmond

Pilkington

E.Bennett

Jo.Murphy

Ja.Murphy

CM/DM

Fer

Tettey

Johnson

Howson

Surman

O''Neill

AM

Hoolahan

Fer

Howson

Surman

Redmond

CF/SS                                                                                            

Grabban

Hooper

Lafferty

Redmond

Loza

I hope we do have a quality addition that surprises us, but I have the feeling (a slightly worrying feeling) that NA will go with the likes of Whittaker, if only to give them a chance. He maybe has Benno as a backup in his mind should Whittaker look cr*p. Definitely need another CB as you need 4, but then again...there''s Gafaiti who supposedly looks a class young act and may step in? I''d rather he had a loan spell again personally and we brought another good CB in. Still not 100% convinced about Martin at CB either

Whittaker was good first season. Poor and a bit of a liability last season. Not terrible but needs to up his game.Not overly convinced about Martin at CB either. But he may surprise us all if it becomes his regular position. Still would prefer at least one good quality CB to come in.Benno can play at the back, maybe in a 5 man defence,with him and Olsson as proper wing-backs. Would really like him to have a more attacking role but he does give us some good options.Olsson is an important player. We need to keep him as he would be hard to replace.

[quote user="Herman "]Whittaker was good first season. Poor and a bit of a liability last season. Not terrible but needs to up his game.

Not overly convinced about Martin at CB either. But he may surprise us all if it becomes his regular position. Still would prefer at least one good quality CB to come in.

Benno can play at the back, maybe in a 5 man defence,with him and Olsson as proper wing-backs. Would really like him to have a more attacking role but he does give us some good options.

Olsson is an important player. We need to keep him as he would be hard to replace.
[/quote]

Yeah I can see what you''re saying about Martin, especially if it''s his so-called preferred position now. Played well for Scotland in that position. Just seems a weird one to move from full-back to centre-back, but he''s obviously played there before. He just doesn''t seem to have that dominating physical presence of a centre-back, but I hope he surprises and imposes himself well.

Olsson is a stand-out player. We need to keep hold of those rare players that are consistently good. They''re the ones that will keep the momentum going. We have plenty of options further forward for dips of form and injuries - people waiting to take their chance. It''s in defence that I worry a bit more. Whittaker needs to know that he has Benno competing or even Martin should he not play well. Hopefully Ruddy gets his levels back to their former best too. Got to be tight all over the pitch if we''re going to have players marauding forwards from midfield/the wings. I think BJ and Tettey can handle this level quite well and exert their authority. As long as they don''t back off players constantly and they actually close people down to get possession turned over

"This is a particularly relevant comment, Adams is not being allowed to build a squad merely fire fightingPlayers

are only brought in when wages are freed up be those leaving (Lafferty

& Grabbham in - Snody Fox  & Nash out straight swap wages &

transfer fee, neutral effect to wages), this is a risky policy as it

does not gtee that the replacements Adams has targetted will still be

there when Wolf / Fer departAnother area of even greater concern

is the reluctance to bring in a quality defender until Bassong is

offloaded, from the performances so far & comments on this board

Martin has not been convincing a centre back and reinforcements are

needed now"

That is absolute nonsense - just as was the loony on here last night who was having a go about the clubs transfer policy, then finally admitted he didn''t know how much players were signed or sold for !Likewise you have no idea..... in fact, no idea full stop.

[quote user="Wiz"]It does beggar the question ...............where''s the bloody money gone! [:@][/quote]perhaps Delia has stolen it as you previously claimedor is it that, as so many times before, this is nothing but an almost libellous attack upon the club and one that may well see you grovelling and snivelling as you did when you made previous snide comments

"I sincerley apopogise to Delia, Wynn, The City Board, Directors and NCFC, also to the posters of this message board. I was totally wrong in claiming there was a lack of budget/ambition

at our club, I panicked when no signings were being made and I should

have heeded the wise words of posters like Jacko to remain patient.

I can only say sorry, please forgive an old idiot for jumping the gun, I will try and learn from this.

PS. Welcome Snoddy." -  wiz/big vince/jimbo/*** et al

that is the post in full

....after accusing Bowkett and others of lying to the fans on not only the money available, but claims that we were not signing Snodgrass

there was no panic, just a constant stream of vile attacks upon the club and the board ...hour after hour and day after day - and when those attacks were proven to be groundless (as they known to be at the time) the troll tried to get out of any responsibility by posting up these weasel words

however most have grown accustomed to these attacks, just as when walking across a meadow with cows in it you get accustomed to ''dung'' getting stuck in the tread of your boots

undoubtedly we will also see others with a grudge against the club spewing out their hate with claims of the money being spirited away, no intention of buying players etc

come Sept we shall see what the board has done ............... and I suspect we won''t see these same trolls, most of whom will have crawled back under the stone by then

shame we can''t put a heavy weight on that stone

[quote user="Wiz"]It does beggar the question ...............where''s the bloody money gone! [:@][/quote]In the last published accounts football expenditure was £59.6m and it would have increased considerably since then, our total income for this year will be c. £50m, so what "bloody money" are you talking about Wiz?

Wiz wrote the following post at 03/08/2014 9:03 AM:

It does beggar the question ...............where''s the bloody money gone!

CHASE OUT!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]It does beggar the question ...............where''s the bloody money gone! [:@][/quote]In the last published accounts football expenditure was £59.6m and it would have increased considerably since then, our total income for this year will be c. £50m, so what "bloody money" are you talking about Wiz?[/quote]

maybe he is refering to some other supposed ''missing money''hmmm

[quote user="City1st"]"This is a particularly relevant comment, Adams is not being allowed to build a squad merely fire fightingPlayers

are only brought in when wages are freed up be those leaving (Lafferty

& Grabbham in - Snody Fox  & Nash out straight swap wages &

transfer fee, neutral effect to wages), this is a risky policy as it

does not gtee that the replacements Adams has targetted will still be

there when Wolf / Fer departAnother area of even greater concern

is the reluctance to bring in a quality defender until Bassong is

offloaded, from the performances so far & comments on this board

Martin has not been convincing a centre back and reinforcements are

needed now"

That is absolute nonsense - just as was the loony on here last night who was having a go about the clubs transfer policy, then finally admitted he didn''t know how much players were signed or sold for !Likewise you have no idea..... in fact, no idea full stop.

[/quote]

Think you''ll find it;s you who is the complete looney who admitted he doesnt know how much players are bought and sold for......or rather chooses not to.

pathetic

Jenkins wrote the following post at 03/08/2014 9:13 AM:

Wiz places the cheese in the Sunday morning mouse trap with a spellbinding smile......

................SNAP !!!!!!!

"Think you''ll find it;s you who is the complete looney who admitted he

doesnt know how much players are bought and sold for......or rather

chooses not to."

oh dear...... oh dearie meit IS NOT about choosing, it is about the club stating that the fees are undisclosedso, who is lying ?you or the club ?(I am merely accepting the word of the club(s) that the fees are undisclosed)

well, as you also admitted, you don''t even believe the fees when they are disclosed?.

so who''s the looney?...someone who''s prepared to take that at face value.....or the individual who''s conspiracy theories include club''s inflating the reported value to make out to their fans theyre spending more than they are?!?

seriously, this has to be a wind up........ no one can be this dimcan they ?

eitehr answer the questions or stop evading stuff that proves you wrongare the club lying when they state that fees are undisclosed ?

I will deal with your other mafe up guff once we have cleared this one up first