Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Why the negativity?

A few points......

Some players will want to go and have to be allowed to leave for the good of the squad.

Some players won''t fill the brief of our new set up and will be off loaded.

Some players will get a daft offer on them and we would be stupid not to sell.

The board will say we don''t have to sell and on paper we don''t.....but rational people will accept that relegation will always mean re-aligning budgets.

Adams is our manager and has as much chance of getting things right as any manager out there.....he brings in his own set of skills and will learn as he develops...the binners tried a number of experienced managers and where are they?

The board are hungry for more success and are behind Adams as we should be.

Laffs & Grabban are a good start and if we freshen things in the squad then it will bread success....the squad we had are used to losing and negative tactics. Something needs to change.

Come on people losing Snodders, RVW, Fer, Bassong & Becchio would not be bad for tjis club. Wages would be manageable, budgets healthy and a core of under acheiving players out the door.

Come on guys lets look forward to a great season.

Yup, good post Indy and agree with all of that. Looking forward to some attacking football and a top six finish - what''s not to like?

Hard to disagree with all that - some people seem to find the need to be negative about almost everything, but unless there is a sudden rush of key players leaving (and IMO RVW is not in that category) we will be playing with the vast majority of what was a half-decent PL squad last season, one which fell to relegation mostly due to the manager.

Huzzah[:D]Adams wasn''t the first choice of manager for me, and to be honest i was disappointed when he was announced, as i wanted a ''named'' and experienced manager. It took me a while to calm down, look at the overall picture, and realise that he was probably the right choice for the way the club wants to go forward. Saying that it is still a risk, and it may not work out, but while he is our manager i will try my hardest to support him.So far he is going in the right direction. Moving on Snoddy pleased me, but not a lot of others. He has got in stikers that look good. Now it''s just a case of waiting to see who leaves and who we get in as replacements. The season is a long one. Just a case of holding your nerve if it doesn''t work straight away. Which is hghly doubtable for some.

I wouldnt say there''s negativity, just slight trepidation as to the certainty for the remainder of the transfer window. Until we know if/when anyone is going then we don''t know who we need to bring in to replace them.

If nobody else left our squad ,as its stands ,I would expect us to be very close to automatic promotion, but should Fer,Bassong,Tettey maybe Hooper?, Redmond begin to leave , we know full well that the board would only make a fraction of the transfer fees any of these players would bring in available for Adams to re-invest.

Difficult to judge really until 11.00pm on Sept 1st as our squad ''could'' be a lot weaker than it currently stands.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I wouldnt say there''s negativity, just slight trepidation as to the certainty for the remainder of the transfer window. Until we know if/when anyone is going then we don''t know who we need to bring in to replace them.

If nobody else left our squad ,as its stands ,I would expect us to be very close to automatic promotion, but should Fer,Bassong,Tettey maybe Hooper?, Redmond begin to leave , we know full well that the board would only make a fraction of the transfer fees any of these players would bring in available for Adams to re-invest.

Difficult to judge really until 11.00pm on Sept 1st as our squad ''could'' be a lot weaker than it currently stands.[/quote]

We don''t know full well. There''s the negativity for you.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I wouldnt say there''s negativity, just slight trepidation as to the certainty for the remainder of the transfer window. Until we know if/when anyone is going then we don''t know who we need to bring in to replace them.

Difficult to judge really until 11.00pm on Sept 1st as our squad ''could'' be a lot weaker than it currently stands.[/quote]

We don''t know full well. There''s the negativity for you.[/quote]

not negative...sadly realistic, i''ve followed this club for 35 years and we''ve never reinvested incoming transfer fees on replacements, we''ve always banked it.

if we got £8m? for Fer, maybe £3m for Tettey, £6m Redmond......do you really think we''d spend all £17m on replacemnts in the last few weeks of this window??....no ,it''ll be Gary O''Neil and players of that ilk.

"if we got £8m? for Fer, maybe £3m for Tettey, £6m Redmond......do you

really think we''d spend all £17m on replacemnts in the last few weeks of

this window??....no ,it''ll be Gary O''Neil and players of that ilk."

absolute nonsense !as you have no idea what is received in transfer fees, further payments etc you are simply making up stiff to attack the club with

[quote user="City1st"]"if we got £8m? for Fer, maybe £3m for Tettey, £6m Redmond......do you

really think we''d spend all £17m on replacemnts in the last few weeks of

this window??....no ,it''ll be Gary O''Neil and players of that ilk."

absolute nonsense !as you have no idea what is received in transfer fees, further payments etc you are simply making up stiff to attack the club with

[/quote]

well, the proof will be in the pudding won''t it?.....lets see come sept 1st?....if we spend as much as we bring in, i''ll bow to your "superior" knowledge.

being aware that transfer fees are never disclosed is hardly ''superior knowledge''you can read it after every transferwhy not have a look ?

ps what happens to all this supposed banked money ?

can you name too many players we''ve sold whereby we didnt know what fee we''d received.....similarly ,even when undisclosed ,the local press can usually surmise a ballpark figure as to what was paid.

as to the banked money?....who knows?, thats a question I''ve asked of this club for many a year ..going back to the Fashanu and Reeves millions of 1980 onwards?!?....

Good OP Indy, have to agree. You have to freshen the squad up after last seasons failure and so far we seem to be doing a pretty good job.

just as they surmised that Dave Strivka''s fee was £750,000............. which actually turned out to be his 3 year contract !now why not check the accounts, apart from showing you where the money wentand demonstrate that all this silly ballpark figures are just that, silly guess workbut then any stick I suppose

so will it be the quality or supposed fees we should compare ?

or maybe if in comparison mood then why not compare the income we have this season with that of last year

City 1st you might want to check Strihavka info as he was actually on a season long loan with a view to a move....in January Slavia Prague bought out the rest of the loan £200K from his parent club and in the summer moved to Plzen.

But you are correct in the assumption that the club lead the press to believe we had paid a fee for him....so the question should be why did the club not set the local press right at the time.

And this is one contract I do know about as I am friends with a former board member of Victoria Plzen.

[quote user="City1st"]so will it be the quality or supposed fees we should compare ?

or maybe if in comparison mood then why not compare the income we have this season with that of last year

[/quote]

well, I would have thought both ??....if we sold for for £10m and signed O''Neil on a free transfer as the only replacement, would you be happy?

and at the moment we''ve raked in more money than we''ve spent this summer....so as it stands we''ve spent nothing so far of this supposed £65m parachute payment.

[quote user="Indy"]City 1st you might want to check Strihavka info as he was actually on a season long loan with a view to a move....in January Slavia Prague bought out the rest of the loan £200K from his parent club and in the summer moved to Plzen.

But you are correct in the assumption that the club lead the press to believe we had paid a fee for him....so the question should be why did the club not set the local press right at the time.

And this is one contract I do know about as I am friends with a former board member of Victoria Plzen.[/quote]

and provide the press the option of simply putting up a false figure knowing taht the club will correct it ie removing the ''undisclosed fee'' status

"well, I would have thought both ??....if we sold for for £10m and signed

O''Neil on a free transfer as the only replacement, would you be happy?

and at the moment we''ve raked in more money than we''ve spent this

summer....so as it stands we''ve spent nothing so far of this supposed

£65m parachute payment."you are cluelessWE DON''T KNOW THE FEES so how the hell can we make comparisons ?and what''s this guff about £65m ?

It is not negative to suggest that had we opted for an experienced manager, such as Lennon, we would have been in with a shout of automatic promotion. It is my view that our inexperienced team will cost us 10 places or so. Therefore, I predict a 13th place finish as against a potential promotion. Time will tell.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Indy"]City 1st you might want to check Strihavka info as he was actually on a season long loan with a view to a move....in January Slavia Prague bought out the rest of the loan £200K from his parent club and in the summer moved to Plzen.

And this is one contract I do know about as I am friends with a former board member of Victoria Plzen.[/quote]

and provide the press the option of simply putting up a false figure knowing taht the club will correct it ie removing the ''undisclosed fee'' status

[/quote]

No my qustion on that point is that all fans me included thought we had bought big Dave, but we hadn''t.....why did the club not just divulge this info?

Anyhow old news and I agree we never know from the club most fees as they do indeed as you say quote undisclosed fees.

[quote user="City1st"]"well, I would have thought both ??....if we sold for for £10m and signed

O''Neil on a free transfer as the only replacement, would you be happy?

and at the moment we''ve raked in more money than we''ve spent this

summer....so as it stands we''ve spent nothing so far of this supposed

£65m parachute payment."you are cluelessWE DON''T KNOW THE FEES so how the hell can we make comparisons ?and what''s this guff about £65m ?

[/quote]

what do you mean "we don''t know the fees"???.....we know how much we got for Snodgrass...why wouldnt we know how much we''d get for the likes of Fer,Redmond,Tettey etc??.....youve picked ONE example in Strihavka , how many other players have we signed where we havent known the transfer fee??

[quote user="Highland Canary"]It is not negative to suggest that had we opted for an experienced manager, such as Lennon, we would have been in with a shout of automatic promotion. It is my view that our inexperienced team will cost us 10 places or so. Therefore, I predict a 13th place finish as against a potential promotion. Time will tell.[/quote]

I think you may have mentioned this before.

Indy a classic was the dimwitted rustics over exciting themselves about plug''s supposed £6m transfer to Arsenal, which turned out to be only £2munfortunately these imagined numbers do serve to over excite the not too bright and are regularly used as a stick to beat the club withthere are a host of reasons why various parties might not want the exact details know - and the not too bright also imagine that a transfer fee is an amount to purchase the player, rather than any number of fees and costswere they to reveal any of these details the pressure (and questions) would be on the non disclosed feesI can only close by aying that the figures usually quoted are all too often well, well wide of the mark

There was never a transfer fee for Strihavka......it was a loan fee and it was £ 400k with option to buy for a further 600k after the season.

[quote user="City1st"]Indy a classic was the dimwitted rustics over exciting themselves about plug''s supposed £6m transfer to Arsenal, which turned out to be only £2munfortunately these imagined numbers do serve to over excite the not too bright and are regularly used as a stick to beat the club withthere are a host of reasons why various parties might not want the exact details know - and the not too bright also imagine that a transfer fee is an amount to purchase the player, rather than any number of fees and costswere they to reveal any of these details the pressure (and questions) would be on the non disclosed feesI can only close by aying that the figures usually quoted are all too often well, well wide of the mark

[/quote]

Certainly can''t disagree with that City 1st....but I would call them missguided rather than dimwitted ;-)

[quote user="City1st"]Indy a classic was the dimwitted rustics over exciting themselves about plug''s supposed £6m transfer to Arsenal, which turned out to be only £2munfortunately these imagined numbers do serve to over excite the not too bright and are regularly used as a stick to beat the club withthere are a host of reasons why various parties might not want the exact details know - and the not too bright also imagine that a transfer fee is an amount to purchase the player, rather than any number of fees and costswere they to reveal any of these details the pressure (and questions) would be on the non disclosed feesI can only close by aying that the figures usually quoted are all too often well, well wide of the mark

[/quote]

well we''ve all learnt something tonight then havent we everyone....any transfer news coming up on Sky Sports News for the rest of the window...pay absolutely NO attention to the transfer fee quoted, they''re all LIES. for the supposed "real" fees involved, please refer to City 1st.

[quote user="Indy"]There was never a transfer fee for Strihavka......it was a loan fee and it was £ 400k with option to buy for a further 600k after the season.[/quote]I thought he was here for one season with an option to sign for three more after that he only stayed for 6 months which cost us £240,000

"what do you mean "we don''t know the fees"???.....we know how much we got

for Snodgrass...why wouldnt we know how much we''d get for the likes of

Fer,Redmond,Tettey etc??.....youve picked ONE example in Strihavka , how

many other players have we signed where we havent known the transfer

fee??

we DON''T KNOW THE FEES because they are undisclosed - what part of that can''t you grasp ?you then you start bleating about sky sports - which is rather like telling us that the club''s accounts are ok because they have been drawn up by Ken Dodd ! ! !and they are not lies because if you actually listened you might note that they will preface each with words such AS ''it has been reported'' ............ by never by whomnow why not tell us about this £65m you mentioned earlier

if I read a transfer fee for a transaction on TV or in the written press, I think I''ll believe them over you ,if its all the same thankyou.

are we allowed to believe the fee we were paid for Snodgrass or do you have a conspiracy theory about that too?