Sign in to follow this  
england1966

Fer Tweet

Back in the UK, after a lovely time at our honeymoon, in Maldives. Up to Norwich... 🚙 💨 #Love #BackToBusiness

Up to Norwich???? Does that mean he is saying it is up to Norwich if they want to sell him?? Or just the journey home?

if he goes its down to money and cant be helped

Pilkington on the other hand told the tnt driver who delivers to us he wanted out in January and was expecting to move

so would assume he will still be pushing for a move / a signing on fee before his body gives up the ghost again

Hopefully this swap for the korean goes through, cracking player who is probably too expensive for Bolton now. As for Fer, the tweet means nothing either way other than we at least know he''s coming back to Norwich at least for the day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeS_w6tkBO4&sns=twThe man and the boys enjoying his wedding reception....Ha - Ricki the prime mover!!

Doesn''t seem to be any ambiguity in his tweet. He''s on his way home ready to get back in the team.

The last person to tweet positives was RvW and look how it''s turned out for him!!

He can tweet what he likes , Adams has made it crystal clear hes for sale (with his usual but i would like him to stay b/s) then when Fer has gone he will turn his attention to Hooper (very much in his plans but always on the bench). No sign of any quality coming in whatsoever with just a week to the first game , £7 million for Snodgrass , millions in parachute payments and we manage Lafferty , Grabban and Gary O''Neil. No wonder Delia wanted Adams any decent manager would have wanted some money to spend .

[quote user="NWC"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeS_w6tkBO4&sns=twThe man and the boys enjoying his wedding reception....Ha - Ricki the prime mover!![/quote]

haha great video!

Maybe Leroy is sick of Norwich players not being able to dance like him.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]He can tweet what he likes , Adams has made it crystal clear hes for sale (with his usual but i would like him to stay b/s) then when Fer has gone he will turn his attention to Hooper (very much in his plans but always on the bench). No sign of any quality coming in whatsoever with just a week to the first game , £7 million for Snodgrass , millions in parachute payments and we manage Lafferty , Grabban and Gary O''Neil. No wonder Delia wanted Adams any decent manager would have wanted some money to spend .[/quote]For some odd reason people treat club statements as gospel despite the dubious record of veracity (eg nobody was available to replace Hughton). Most of the time the club are telling fans what they want to hear. In disaster situations such as at present there''s a mixture of self-delusion and suger-coating of the unpalatable.The shift we''re seeing is from "we have relegation wage clauses and don''t have to sell" to "we have to cut our cloth accordingly". The club can count on the ''little old Norwich'' mindset of its brainwashed fanbase to switch to the new reality, and justify the firesale on its behalf.We''ll hence no doubt be seeing Fer leave and the next Andy Hughes (ie Gary O''Neill) arrive to replace him.

[quote user="Adnams Out"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]He can tweet what he likes , Adams has made it crystal clear hes for sale (with his usual but i would like him to stay b/s) then when Fer has gone he will turn his attention to Hooper (very much in his plans but always on the bench). No sign of any quality coming in whatsoever with just a week to the first game , £7 million for Snodgrass , millions in parachute payments and we manage Lafferty , Grabban and Gary O''Neil. No wonder Delia wanted Adams any decent manager would have wanted some money to spend .[/quote]For some odd reason people treat club statements as gospel despite the dubious record of veracity (eg nobody was available to replace Hughton). Most of the time the club are telling fans what they want to hear. In disaster situations such as at present there''s a mixture of self-delusion and suger-coating of the unpalatable.The shift we''re seeing is from "we have relegation wage clauses and don''t have to sell" to "we have to cut our cloth accordingly". The club can count on the ''little old Norwich'' mindset of its brainwashed fanbase to switch to the new reality, and justify the firesale on its behalf.We''ll hence no doubt be seeing Fer leave and the next Andy Hughes (ie Gary O''Neill) arrive to replace him.[/quote]

Yep. Gary O''Neill is a replacement for either Fer or Tettey. Why do you think they have waited until this week to sign him up?

Ofcourse to see what will happen with the Tettey/Fer situation first, perhaps mainly Fer, as he is now back from his honeymoon. Its all pretty clear.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Adnams Out"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]He can tweet what he likes , Adams has made it crystal clear hes for sale (with his usual but i would like him to stay b/s) then when Fer has gone he will turn his attention to Hooper (very much in his plans but always on the bench). No sign of any quality coming in whatsoever with just a week to the first game , £7 million for Snodgrass , millions in parachute payments and we manage Lafferty , Grabban and Gary O''Neil. No wonder Delia wanted Adams any decent manager would have wanted some money to spend .[/quote]For some odd reason people treat club statements as gospel despite the dubious record of veracity (eg nobody was available to replace Hughton). Most of the time the club are telling fans what they want to hear. In disaster situations such as at present there''s a mixture of self-delusion and suger-coating of the unpalatable.The shift we''re seeing is from "we have relegation wage clauses and don''t have to sell" to "we have to cut our cloth accordingly". The club can count on the ''little old Norwich'' mindset of its brainwashed fanbase to switch to the new reality, and justify the firesale on its behalf.We''ll hence no doubt be seeing Fer leave and the next Andy Hughes (ie Gary O''Neill) arrive to replace him.[/quote]

Yep. Gary O''Neill is a replacement for either Fer or Tettey. Why do you think they have waited until this week to sign him up?

Ofcourse to see what will happen with the Tettey/Fer situation first, perhaps mainly Fer, as he is now back from his honeymoon. Its all pretty clear.[/quote]All clear is it?So it couldn''t be the case that ONeill is a replacement for one of the two midfielders that have already left the club in Fox and Snodgrass?Maybe put your club beating stick down and consider that for a minute?

Adnams Out, if your income was cut by around 40% or more, would you continue to live the way you had pre-cut or look to make some savings in light of your reduced financial circumstances?

How many more fucking times does this have to be pointed out?

If a player wants to leave, he will. No platitudes, no pleading, no promises, no playing hard ball will ever keep them here. The club can be as ''ham''bitious'' as it likes. But players want to play in the Premier League. When Fer and co came here, they didn''t ask of their agents and advisors to "get me a move to Norwich", they asked "get me a move to the Premier League". The club they play for is secondary to the status of the league they play in and the income they are receiving.

It doesn''t matter who our Manager is, if they want out they''ll be gone. They''d be wanting out if Lambert was here. CCC seems insulted that Grabban, Lafferty and possibly O''Neill have arrived thus far-who did he want, Rhodes or Deeney for £10 Million plus? Rhodes got 3 more goals than Grabban last season and Deeney just two more. One of them for whatever stupid price and wages is expected or Grabban for £3 million max?

As long as I can remember, people have a higher opinion of themselves than is probably warranted, me included.

Footballers have this attitude in spades and so many players have come and gone at Carrow Road over the years and have either believed they were using us as a stepping stone or were doing us some kind of favour.

In the last few years of course, the attitudes have got worse because of the money involved and the emergence of third parties such as agents.

The division caused by the emergence of the Premier League and its elitist attitude has meant that many players, although part of their clubs demise, still demand their egos be fed.

If their are any players still under contract at Carrow Road who have this attitude, then I believe they aren''t really what is required for a prolonged promotion push.

We will need players who will get out of bed with injuries and knocks but be determined to play, who aren''t looking to next season''s contract negotiations and above all, are looking forward to playing for the club.

I am not in(fer)ring that Fer, Pilkington, Hooper etc are in that mould but if they are then I don''t see them as any use to the club and would welcome their departure.

I would say that tweet and his general behaviour since the World Cup are both reasonably encouraging and do not smack of a player who is unsettled or desperate to get out of Norwich.

What happens will happen but I''m pleasantly surprised Fer has not agitated more for a move (publically at least).

As for the post slagging off Johnson I despair at some of our fans attitudes sometime to a player who has now performed very well for us for 3 seasons and is exactly the sort of player we will need on song this season. If O''Neill is a replacement for anyone it will be Tettey who appears to be drip feeding the media in Norway sound bites about how he is up for a move. If that happens I will be disappointed because I really rate Tettey but in terms of attitude and commitment Johnson never let''s us down and at this level I think he will look a very good player as well.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]fingers crossed oneil is a replacement for bradley[/quote]

Hard to see it.

If there''s two players who seem certain of a place in the team at the moment it looks to be Martin and Johnson.

(And Ruddy - but that goes without saying)

I know, but we have had 3 seasons of poor passing, loads of running around without either defending or creating - when will we realise how little value the lovable bj brings to the first team? Even a level down will not improve his tracking of runners or misplacing of passes.

The definition of madness is trying the same thing time and again and expecting a different result. BJ simply is not going to improve.

What''s he to do though? If his main concern is his football career I can appreciate the Championship is not where he wants to be. We don''t wanna be there and nor do most of our players. He has the option of really kicking up a stink to get his move but risks the Wes treatment and for a younger guy with bigger ambitions this could be very damaging for his career.

More than likely he''s sat down with Adams and said something like "I like the area, like the club but don''t like the division and nor does LvG" to which Adams should say:

"Fair enough Leroy but we''re there so we need you to help us get back to the prem, I understand your concerns but this is our best chance of returning and hey, it could be fun watching you dismantle the cream of the Championship and making them look like Sunday league teams, how about give us until January at least and go from there, If we''re nowhere near, there''ll be some better clubs than QPR and Southampton potentially be interested in you and we''ll let you go for a slightly less making you more marketable. Even better, you could be a hero and lead us to promotion! There might just be a decent bonus in it for you..."

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I know, but we have had 3 seasons of poor passing, loads of running around without either defending or creating - when will we realise how little value the lovable bj brings to the first team? Even a level down will not improve his tracking of runners or misplacing of passes.

The definition of madness is trying the same thing time and again and expecting a different result. BJ simply is not going to improve.[/quote]

I think he has improved quite a lot over the last 3 years and hopefully this season will show it. Yes he has limitations at the very top level (hence my preference last season was always Tettey if he was available) but he will do a good job for us this season if he''s regularly in the team. He''s not a creative midfielder and never will be but thats not his job.. He''s always needed to have a creative player alongside or Wes playing in front of him.

People should look at the Cup game we had away at Peterborough who I believe were a championship side at the time. Johnson absolutely bossed the midfield in that game which for me showed that he had come on considerably during our time in the premiership.

Totally agree JJ and only hope that was the conversation which was had!!!.

As for Brads can''t believe our own fans seem happy to just slag him off, what is that about????.

Probably the same so called fans who boo their own players off the pitch, something as a real fan I would not do EVER!!!.

I see your point about Johnson Jim, he''s a rung down the football league now and has all the attributes a championship midfielder needs. He''ll get more time on the ball at this level and he''ll be forgiven more for losing the ball as well.

I do kind of wonder how hard it is in real life to keep hold of your best players though. On my Football Manager, it''s decidedly easy. I have Harrogate Town in the premiership and after 3 decent (7th, 8th, 7th) seasons I have some world class players who all the big hitters want but have only just moved from my 5k capacity stadium!

I had to have the conversations with them and have basically promised champions league football to them or they can go next season. All four of the players seem happy enough after being unsettled by me batting away £30m bids from the likes of Real Madrid and co!

Real life is obviously more complex but how do you avoid cases like the Morgan Schniderlin case (he''s apparently going on strike)? He''s the one that signed the deal at the time, so in any other job, he either stays put or buys himself out of his contract surely?

I appreciate he''s a bit miffed (others were allowed to go, Spurs put a big load of money in for him, not trying to get him on the cheap) but I can see Southampton''s point as well, they spent money to secure him on the contract and could have used that money elsewhere if they''d known he was going to be like this. Added to that they''ve already got loads of money and not enough decent players to make up for the shortfall so who''s side should people be on?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Hopefully this swap for the korean goes through, cracking player who is probably too expensive for Bolton now. As for Fer, the tweet means nothing either way other than we at least know he''s coming back to Norwich at least for the day![/quote]

Bolton fans are saying he''s seriously slowed since his injury.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Hopefully this swap for the korean goes through, cracking player who is probably too expensive for Bolton now. As for Fer, the tweet means nothing either way other than we at least know he''s coming back to Norwich at least for the day![/quote]

Bolton fans are saying he''s seriously slowed since his injury.

[/quote]

You could say the same thing about Pilkington.

I''d rather Pilks stays. He only played 10 matches last season and hopefully hell get more this season. He''s a classy player who''ll score and work well with the new strikers.

They are quite similar in the respect that they have both had injuries that have hampered them. Lee''s leg break isn''t something that will naturally recur though. Before that, he was a £10m+ player. I have long admired him and wanted us to buy him last summer.

Pilks is good but has been a bit of a liability with injuries and seemingly wants out. I think he''s had is best days as well.