Sign in to follow this  
Oufc_Fan

Carlton Morris loan

Hi, Oxford United fan here, we have just signed Carlton Morris on loan. Can you guys give me a idea what to Expect?

Thanks

Nice to see a young City player go to my home city club.....he''s a very promising talent and a very good fit for United.

Good luck for the next season.....hope for promotion this year for both clubs.

I am planning a couple trips to Oxford this year so hope to get in a game or two.

He''s a target man with quick feet. He really needs to cut his teeth and I should think Oxford is as good a place to start as any. He was part of the FA Youth Cup winning side. Youtube may not be a great resource but some of those games were televised so you may be able to have a look and see what you think of that, although it was a couple of seasons ago now.I think there is a fair amount of support for him here and the hope that he reaches his potential as he could be a rather good striker. Tall, strong and has a finish on him.

As said above, you will be getting a player with an awful lot of promise - and one if given enough games will become a fans favouriteSeems the club is not dropping him in the deep end but a bit lower down the leaguesOtherwise good luck for the season .. for him and you lot

(Milk Cup memories way back)

Glad it sounds he has physically to his game as he might be playing up front on his own, but our lack of front men does mean he should get some game time.

Good luck next season hopefully you guys can get promoted.

Playing up front on his own he should be all right. Not the most mobile but uses his physicality to hold the ball up well - in the youth team he was used as a target man to lay the ball off to our speedy wingers the Murphy brothers, then looking for the return. Great news his football education will continue at a club where he should get a few games against some experienced old timers.

Holty took care of him while he was here and taught him a few things. I was actually more impressed with him than the Murphys during the cup, and felt he was the more likely to progress. Good luck and hope you look after him.

He looks very promissing, will want to lead the line. Was one of the main players in our FA youth cup win two years ago, which is impressive when you consider he was one of the younger players in that youth team at the time.

[quote user="Oufc_Fan"]Hi, Oxford United fan here, we have just signed Carlton Morris on loan. Can you guys give me a idea what to Expect?

Thanks[/quote]

Which part of Oxford are you from?

I was born in Old Marston, just down the hill from the Manor Groung......spent many a weekend between 1982-86 travelling to watch Jim Smith''s great sides. It was great to have two fantastic teams to support.

Then work came along and I had to give up games at Oxford and now only watch Norwich with the odd game where I can to watch the U''s.

[quote user="Indy"]

Which part of Oxford are you from?

I was born in Old Marston, just down the hill from the Manor Groung......spent many a weekend between 1982-86 travelling to watch Jim Smith''s great sides. It was great to have two fantastic teams to support.

Then work came along and I had to give up games at Oxford and now only watch Norwich with the odd game where I can to watch the U''s.[/quote]

I am Currently living in abingdon.

Ahh 1986 those were the days...

I''m not sure how we will do this season as we have a very young squad but am excited by the signings Appleton has been able to get in.

Hopefully you can get to a few this season and see Morris net a few

Nice matey. If I get a confirmed game in, might have to get in contact for a pre game pint.

Yes I was lucky that my aunt still lived in Old Marston so used to travel on the train and stay with her over the weekends.

I was lucky to get to the milk cup final game in 85.....and followed it up in 86 too......was good to see both my teams pick up a cup.

I took my wife.....Norwich lass to the Oxford v York playoff final, it was great to mix with the fans again. Was fantastic to see such huge numbers for a non league play off at Wembeley.

Take care matey and keep us up to daye on how young Morris is doing.