Sign in to follow this  
pete

New striker apparently

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/392236/Everton-and-Norwich-chasing-Ostersunds-FK-striker-Modou-Barrow

All it is basically is the Daily Star ( yeah I know I thought the same thing ) allowing his no mark Jock agent to big his man up. Blimey we are apparently competing with the mighty Bolton Wanderers and Sheff Wed.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]A Gambian forward playing in the Swedish second division. Sounds wonderful.[/quote]Omar Koroma meets Ulf Ottosson.  What''s not to like?

Omar Koroma, what ever happened to him? Hmm, according to Wiki he was the first ever Gambian player to be signed by a Premier League club, but has since been released by Forest Green rovers and is unattached. Also according to Wiki, he has never scored a professional goal in his career!

Remind me which well-above-board and not possibly dodgy manager signed him for the Premier League club in question?

"A Gambian forward playing in the Swedish second division. Sounds wonderful."

does not sound too different from the much loved lafferty being a northern irish forward playing in the italian second division to me

Looks like he has a fair amount of pace, skill and strength from this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhEf4A6SPiEWould be an unknown quantity for sure, but looks like the kind of player with the potential to be devastating from the bench against tiring legs. Thing is, though, unless we''re buying proven quality, mightn''t we as well invest the playing time in the development of Loza and/or Morris?

any purchase should be on the basis of being better than we already have...

if he has that potential (inc loza) why not sign him?

[quote user="I.S."]Omar Koroma, what ever happened to him? Hmm, according to Wiki he was the first ever Gambian player to be signed by a Premier League club, but has since been released by Forest Green rovers and is unattached. Also according to Wiki, he has never scored a professional goal in his career! [/quote]

makes RVW look like James Rodriguez by comparison!