Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Dark Horses For This Season

Several clubs are spending big, obviously you don''t know how that will pan out. I''ve stuck my neck out for Charlton and have just seen this on SSN

Charlton Athletic are set to win the race to sign Tours striker Andy Delort, according to L''Equipe. Sky Sports revealed over the weekend that Charlton and Brentford were keen on Delort, who is tipped to finalise a move to The Valley on Wednesday. Delort, who has also been linked with Montpellier, Lens, Atletico Madrid, Schalke and Borussia Monchengladbach, could sign a five-year deal with Charlton to join for a fee of around €3million (£2.4m).

Along with Middlesbrough and a couple of others spending large it could be a very tight season.

I''d never heard of him until now. Seems an odd one, he used to play beach football!

Best thing about this is that Leeds fans thought they had him HAHA!

I still would rather Grabban, Lafferty and Hooper.

bournemouth.. did well last season and although they have sold a couple of players still have a decent side. if they buy wisely and stay injury free there''s a chance they might sneak 6th.

Middlesboro for me. They''ve taken a load of Chelsea youngsters and kike up front looks decent.

Go on then Wazz. And as a PUP you can have a free go.

http://freepdfhosting.com/86acf15cfa.pdf

I''m with vlad and think Middlesbro will do well, for the reasons he stated. Will be very surprised if Rotherham do anything- can you imagine Steve Evans in the Prem? I expect the usual suspects to be up there, including us, but there''s any of a dozen or so clubs who could be in the mix.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Wolves (they have momentum) and Ipswich (they have a good manager)[/quote]that is priceless !they are struggling to even get a squad together even with untried youths patching up the holeswith no money to sign anyone costing a feenot so much a dark horse as a dead horse

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Wolves (they have momentum) and Ipswich (they have a good manager)[/quote]that is priceless !they are struggling to even get a squad together even with untried youths patching up the holeswith no money to sign anyone costing a feenot so much a dark horse as a dead horse

[/quote]They have lost Cresswell signed a full back from Palace on a free and taken on a couple of foreigners they had on trial , so pretty much the same squad that finished just outside the play offs last season . A good manager is worth his weight in gold Ipswich looked nailed on certainties to drop into league 1 untill they brought McCarthy in and the turnaround in such a short while has been pretty impressive .Lets hope Norwich do not regret putting a amateur in the managerial position , and maybe we will spend some of our millions soon because whats the point in being able to afford to strengthen if you just sit on the money (see January as a good example )

I would suggest that a good manager is worth say 10 places in the table given the players at his disposal. With Lennon, or indeed McCarthy, I believe we would have achieved automatic promotion. With Adams the converse is likely to hold. In other words, I expect Ipswich to over-perform, and us to under-perform given the relative players at the managers'' disposal.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Wolves (they have momentum) and Ipswich (they have a good manager)[/quote]that is priceless !they are struggling to even get a squad together even with untried youths patching up the holeswith no money to sign anyone costing a feenot so much a dark horse as a dead horse

[/quote]They have lost Cresswell signed a full back from Palace on a free and taken on a couple of foreigners they had on trial , so pretty much the same squad that finished just outside the play offs last season . A good manager is worth his weight in gold Ipswich looked nailed on certainties to drop into league 1 untill they brought McCarthy in and the turnaround in such a short while has been pretty impressive .Lets hope Norwich do not regret putting a amateur in the managerial position , and maybe we will spend some of our millions soon because whats the point in being able to afford to strengthen if you just sit on the money (see January as a good example )[/quote]and without too much of a rattle on the chain up pops one of suffolk''s finest to defend them - not too difficult is itunfortunately our young pitchfork juggler has omitted to mention the loanees that have returned - how manywere they binboy ?or how influtial they were - Williams ?or the loss of Blake, Edwards, Loach and certainlynext,  Taylorhowever there is almost another 4 weeks to go and we have money to burn whilst your grubby little club is so skint it''s had to drop out of the suffolk cup !so who else might Evans flog off by Sept 2nd

time to put the poor old donkey out of it''s misery, methinks