Sign in to follow this  
Couls34

Pubs at Wolves

Been to most grounds away but never Wolves so looking forward to this one, does anyone know where all us city fans and planning to go for a few before the game ?

It''s been a few years but I can''t really remember any pubs that I would recommend to any one. If I remember rightly we just got some beers in the ground.

If it is possible I would suggest dropping the car off in Central Birmingham and having a beer there and getting the metro into Wolverhampton.

Davo

Wolves is Junction 10 off the M6 but some of us are going to our favourite watering hole The Vine PH which we use when going to WBA. That means coming off at J8. The Vine is highly recommended and serves Indian food.

Wolves is a dump.

[quote user="Couls34"]Been to most grounds away but never Wolves so looking forward to this one, does anyone know where all us city fans and planning to go for a few before the game ?[/quote]

If you''ve got any sense you''ll keep a pretty low profile and keep colours out of sight until inside the ground.

Wolves fans are animals. I doubt there''s a safe pub to drink anywhere in their dump of a town so I''d take Tilly''s advice and try '' The Vine '' near West Brom''s ground. Great pub and as the Prem season won''t have started it shouldn''t be as packed as usual.

Enjoy your day [:D]

There are very limited amounts of away friendly pubs in Wolverhampton that is why a lot of away fans do tend to drink in Brum and then come into Wolvo nearer kick off.

If you do however want to go straight there though the Town center is the best place for away fans and the Walkabout is usually the designated away pub.

There is the odd pub closer to the ground that will allow away fans. ''The Stile'' the pub that I frequent usually lets away fans in if you aren''t wearing colours and it isn''t a significantly large group.

But honestly, I wouldn''t risk it and just go to the Walkabout, or try the Bluebrick which is part of the Premier Inn near the train station. Both are relatively short walks to the ground as well!

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]I live half hour from Wolverhampton and wouldn''t dream of going in any pub on a match day, the whole town is hell,[/quote]

Well, as BULLwasKING seems to think along the same lines you can''t be far off the mark.

This is where I and several others we be drinking before leaving for Wolverhampton at about 90 mins before ko

http://www.yeoldesevenstars.co.uk/

The landlord Robin and his sons are from Wymondham and have been city supporters all there lives, lots of Norwich memorabilia and a super selection of ales, you will find about 10 of us exiles before and after the game, Well worth a detour

They''ve spent a lot of money on developing a shit ground. No atmosphere and some of the stands are just too far away from the pitch?

Sounds like the place to go for a drink Kidderminster