Sign in to follow this  
Dion Dublin=Legend

Ken Foggo's shirt number

Hi all,

I''m planning to buy my Dad a ''71 home shirt for the new season. His favourite player of all time is Ken Foggo so I''d like to get Foggo''s name and number on the back of the shirt.

Only problem is I have no idea what number Foggo wore and the internet isn''t throwing up any answers. Can anyone help? Thank you!

DD=L

Whilst I''m sure he had a number that he wore more often than others, it would have been down to the teamsheet on the day as to whether he was number 1 to 11.  Having a name on a ''71 shirt would also not be historically correct.

here we are, laddieclickif you go to 1m.50 secs you will see Paddon taking the penalty and Ken Foggo being on of those congratulating him...... in a number 11 shirtI should imagine your dad would enjoy the whole of this clip if he''s not seen it already

"He''s herehere''s therehe''s every ''farkin'' whereKen FoggoKen Foggo"

then on 2m.50 secs and superb pass by Paddon and a crackin cross from Foggo (11)and in it goes...happy days

I''d go with no. 11.

We''ve got Kenny, Kenny, Kenny Kenny Foggo

On the wing

On the wing

Kenny

Kenny Foggo

Kenny Foggo on the wing.

They don''t write ''em lke that anymore!

29th January 1972 away at Burnley he woke number 11 so I would go with that. In 1969 he wore number 7 as well . Think he wore 7 in my first ever game away at Hull.

One of life''s great puzzles is why Foggo was a first choice, weighed in with his fair share of goals and was a crowd pleaser but was given very little game time during that first season in the old 1st Division.

That being the time I started supporting City, having just arrived in Norwich, the video brought back great memories. I''d also say that 11 was his number, but no names on shirts in those days. ("What? Every olayer have his own shirt? You must be joking!).

This post could really start a trip down memory lane ''re wingers.

Foggo, Max Briggs I think played on the wing, Jimmy Neighbour, Mick Channon,Disco Dale Gordon, Mark Barham (England cap in Australia), Steve Goble ( Great goal away at Brighton)........ where do you stop Eadie,O''Neill,Adams.

We''ve had some good and even great wingers and now we have the Murphy''s who will I am sure become players we will talk about in 30 or 40 years time

Can''t wait for this season to start

My first City hero, he used to sign my Birthday & Christmas cards along with Peter Sylvester........well, I found out a few years later that it was my Dad doing it, but hey we all believed in Father Christmas didnt we.

As for Dale Gordon.......now in Dubai coaching kids