Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

How do you think City will fare this season?

With the transfer window not yet closed its hard to say, but atm we have the best team in the league, I don''t think anyone can question that. Fitness of the players will be important as there are more games played and with players from oversees that are not used to playing as much as they will be doing. Furthermore, the obvious point; we have a new manager, who''s not really a manager, but we''re saying that he is a manager so he might become a manager as everyones got to start somewhere. Does he have the tactical nous to set up a team effectively, we shall see. We have the players, but have we got what it takes to win a championship? I don''t think anyone can say before the first game of this season.

Sort out the defense and we can win this, but I''m concerned as it stands we''ll miss out on top six.

More goals scored than conceded. Unlike in 2013-14, the occasional

comeback away from home. Opposition managers struggling with the concept

of us playing more than one tactical system during a game. Adams

lasting the season as manager. Gradually diminishing interest in St

Etienne''s results. Tentatively increasing cult status for Lafferty.

Player power manifesting itself in a refusal to wear that Star-Trek away

kit in a Wembley final.

One of the reasons we were so successful in the Lambert years was the solidarity within the club. From Bowkett and McNally at the top to the admin and playing staff and the proverbial tea lady.

This was not discernible in the last two years and in particular last season.

Get that belief back then I think we can have a successful season. I like Adams and the Robson/ Holt coaching partnership sure is a massive improvement.

Can we get promotion? That''s a tough ask but we should be near the play offs. It could be I''m viewing through yella and green specs though!

There is a clear emphasis on producing an attacking free scoring side after enduring the past two seasons of quite tortuous turgid football under Hughton. If this is realised it will be a positive step regardless. As for the league position... Ask me on September 2nd.

Top 2 if we only lose Bassong, RVW & Becchio.....should we lose Fer, Tettey & Redmond, only to sign the likes of O''Neil then top 6 for me.

If we keep all our players appart from Becchio & Bassong and buy or loan a quality CB move Martin back to RB we have a hell of a chance to win the league.

Not well if we don''t get rid of adams, if he doesn''t hit the ground running. Get a more experienced manager in then maybe ok. Nothing but promotion is good enough this year

What is it with "inexperienced"?

Over 400 league games of which nearly all were in the top division.

First Division winners medal.

Represented his country at international level.

Managed a team that wins a national trophy.

I don''t think arguably our most successful manager, Mike Walker, had a record anything like that!

[quote user="NorwichRat"]

Around Tenth,

Youth manager and too many has beens.

[/quote]

This, giving wes another contracts and extending Ryan Bennett is not going to get us any where, we need better defenders than bennet and the fact we havnt bought one is extreamly worrying.

The fact that Olsson, Fer and Redmond could well be on their way out with no recruitments in sight again worrying.

We will finish around 11th this season

Will be disappointed if we don''t finish top six.

Under-whelmed by Neil Adams appointment but felt that too with Dave Stringer, Ken Brown, Nigel Worthington and Mike Walker and they didn''t do too badly.

We''ll score a lot more goals - could hardly get less - and I''m looking forward to a few back-to back wins and seeing some attacking football for a change. If that happens I''ll start to enjoy watching NCFC again instead of it being 90 minutes to endure each week.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]In no more than 150 words please.[/quote]

That means no Lakey then. [:P]

Anyway back on topic....Top 3.

[quote user="Wiz"]Champions! [Y][/quote]

Blimey that would be pretty good for a club with no investment or ambition run by dodgey owners. [:D]

[URL=http://s589.photobucket.com/user/dmacca666/media/661-award-ribbon-gold-1st.png.html][IMG]http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss331/dmacca666/661-award-ribbon-gold-1st.png[/IMG][/URL]

With all the doom and gloom on here I think we''ll finish 29th, Adams will be sacked at half time at Wolves, as we concede 23 goals in the first half, from the defence he refused to strengthen, bolstered by the fact he played Martin at centre back.With our woeful strike force, and team of "has beens", I can see us scoring a maximum of one goal all season, and that will be when John Ruddy comes up and scores, late in injury time, heading home from a corner.In the meantime Delia will steadfastly refuse to unleash her grip on the Club, and appoint her much praised Michelin star rated chef as manager, with an assistant sous chef who is also highly rated.The new football coaches don''t think the players are eating well enough, and introduce a high fat Michelin star menu, at Colney. They are pleased as the players pile on the weight, and are very difficult to knock off the ball, if they ever get to it!What a great place this message board is for reasoned debate! Happy new season everyone - I for one am actually looking forward to it with genuine enthusiasm!

Norwich to play expansive football, designed to score goals. Often played through Hoolahan, supplemented by pace in every line up, running beyond a fixed pivot at 9.

Full backs to often make a four or five in midfield, with a central deep midfield pivot screening a central defensive areas as main defensive two split and cover wider areas when we have the ball.

The diamond to feature frequently ensuring greater fluidity of shape than recently seen. Two nominal forwards will be a regular feature, with four fluid forward players commonly deployed.

Norwich to be occasionally outdone by long balls chased into wide channels by opposition counters. Norwich to start games faster and more aggressively, with more early goals. Momentum to increase throughout the season.

A minimum top 6 finish with every possibility of automatic promotion.

Parma

We have a strong championship squad with variety in midfield and pace, experience and power up front that should mean plenty of goals.

In defence while we have some of the best in the league (Ruddy Olsson & Turner) there is a lack of depth beyond the starting 5. Can we go through the season without injuries and suspensions disrupting a reshaped back line?

The biggest threat to a good season is any assumption that raw talent will be enough. Only when that talent is applied with resilience will the quality in this squad be enough toll score more than we concede. We should comfortably make the play offs. With the addition of a little more quality at the back it could be even better.