Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Tom Adeyemi hands in transfer request

As the title suggests, Tom Adeyemi has handed in a transfer request at Birmingham. Would anyone have him back here? A young, talented and intelligent footballer with bags of potential.

I would love him back, he is one of the brightest and cleverest youth players we''ve produced a n recent years, no idea why we released him.

Not for me, I like to see players we bring in have potential to play in the Premier League, I dont think TA as that and for that reason im am also against the signing of Gary O''Neil

According to reports he was arguably Birmingham''s best player last season. I understand that Lee Clark isn''t everyone''s cup of tea as manager either.

Don''t really think we need another midfield player but would like to think he has improved enough to warrant a return to prove himself capable.

Whilst I agree that Premier League potential is favourable, at the end of the day we need to be shopping for players who can do an excellent job in the Championship this summer, and for me TA can do just that.

watched him play on saturday against Inverness, strong player but did appear disinterested. explains why after reading the above posts.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Not for me, I like to see players we bring in have potential to play in the Premier League, I dont think TA as that and for that reason im am also against the signing of Gary O''Neil[/quote]A bit strange that comment.Gary O''Neil has quite an extended experience of Premier League football - so to say he hasn''t the potential sort of ignores that. Not to mention that in the last two seasons he has played regularly for teams who were promoted from the Championship to the Premier League. He may no longer be quite premier league but I reckon he''s still a good player to have in and around the team. Not to mention people have questioned the leadership qualities of our players - something O''Neil maybe able to add.At the end of the day, when teams get promoted there are usually players that are moved on. Picking up O''Neil for free at least means it''d only be about wages.As for Adeyemi - I''m split. If we lost fer and Tettey then I don''t see the problem with getting him in. He''s a player Neil will know and a player that knows Norwich. He played well in a limited Birmingham side and at a reasonably young age too. No reason why he couldn''t have a shout at premier league football if he has a good season this season.

Id just prefer that we signed players to take us up and beyond. O''Neil must be 31-32 now, should we go up I would fancy O''Neil playing much Premier League football at 32-33.

Assuming we do keep Tettey, I see no real reason for needing O''Neil

[quote user="CDMullins"]Id just prefer that we signed players to take us up and beyond. O''Neil must be 31-32 now, should we go up I would fancy O''Neil playing much Premier League football at 32-33.

Assuming we do keep Tettey, I see no real reason for needing O''Neil[/quote]

Not sure why you equate O''Neill with Getty. Totally different type of players. More of a replacement for Fox but with more bite to his game . His passing is a cut above any of our current midfield.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I would love him back, he is one of the brightest and cleverest youth players we''ve produced a n recent years, no idea why we released him.[/quote]

Completely agree.

Always thought Tom was one player who we would regret letting go, but he was a victim of sudden success as I''m pretty sure if we had stayed a couple of seasons in championship he would of played more!!.

Would be happy to have him here!!.

I am assuming that he has a preferred (agreed) destination in mind to actually prompt a transfer request,  most players are not keen on losing loyalty bonus'' etc.,  with cardiff the likely destination.

I think he is a decent player who would compete with the current midfield crop,  but not in the better than we have category (compared to fer, howson, surman anyway) 

should never go back...

but Tom is a decent player and will have a good career wherever he goes.. might not necessarily be "the one that got for away" for us, but could be a succesful product of the youth team who gets the odd medal around his neck.

I for one would love to let Tettey go and get Tom back......always rated him and still think he will be an outstanding player in the right team.