Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Bassong Becchio & RVW wages.

Just think it a tad strange thet O''neil not signed and RVW loan not confirmed.

Could things be that tight the Adams has to get players off the wages before signing anyone?

Why are Becchio & Bassong still here? Again could their wages be putting clubs off taking a risk?

I heard the rumour of Leeds back in for Becchio about a month ago but no interest in reality.

For me I would be happy to see these 3 follow Fox & Snodders out the door and hopefully freeing the funds to get the CB & RB we need.

I keep reading these suggestions that the Carrow Road coffers are not as bounteous as we all think, and they surprise me.

With the bounty from last season, the parachute money and the Snodgrass millions surely any apparent prudence is just good housekeeping rather than any sign that things are tight.

They cannot possibly be. Apparently there was a bit of unspent money from last winter''s window as well, although the nonsense of the Elmander, Jonas and Yobo loans, all predictably to no avail, will have cost a packet.

It''s worrying that there seems to be no interest from any club in signing Bassong. I hope we don''t end up paying his wages for a whole season while he trains with the kids.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I keep reading these suggestions that the Carrow Road coffers are not as bounteous as we all think, and they surprise me. With the bounty from last season, the parachute money and the Snodgrass millions surely any apparent prudence is just good housekeeping rather than any sign that things are tight. They cannot possibly be. Apparently there was a bit of unspent money from last winter''s window as well, although the nonsense of the Elmander, Jonas and Yobo loans, all predictably to no avail, will have cost a packet.[/quote]

Huzzah!  [Y]

I''m not too sure if some folks actually know how transfers work - it is not like ebay, for onePayments are usually structured over a year or so at the least, as most are now conditional upon appearances, success of the club etcThe usual hold up is either a chain, or the player''s agent touting him round to see what better offer can be foundAs said it is far far more complex than just a straightforward ''purchase''Sadly too many still want to read too much into thingsWhy that is only they can know ... and we can guess at

[quote user="City1st"]I''m not too sure if some folks actually know how transfers work - it is not like ebay, for onePayments are usually structured over a year or so at the least, as most are now conditional upon appearances, success of the club etcThe usual hold up is either a chain, or the player''s agent touting him round to see what better offer can be foundAs said it is far far more complex than just a straightforward ''purchase''Sadly too many still want to read too much into thingsWhy that is only they can know ... and we can guess at

[/quote]

Yep...I''m not saying things work ala ebay and yep none of us on here apart from a few know what the hold ups are....but ONeil has trained, been on the media saying he was signing and RVW has been in France since last week....just thinking a coinsident that O''Neil not signed before someone is shipped out.

Additionally none of really know what budgets have been set. It might be tighter than we know.

That said I''m not complaining just making an observation regarding frozen players and wages.

There is nothing intrinsically odd, transfers have a typical methodology and a certain game that needs to be played.

In theory no players or agents talk to club that wishes to purchase until selling club agrees fee.

In practice agents, players and "third parties" know and let it be known what wages and general terms will be required. This would get a tacit, general nod in advance (between those parties).

The selling club doesn''t want to know or be seen to know this, though it can often be fancy for this to be lined up in advance for key/secret/notorious/disruptive transfers and both sides can benefit this way.

Deals can founder post-agreement with selling club if agents then dream up previously unmentioned terms or move safe goalposts, sometimes through greed, sometimes because they have lined up several clubs and want an out, or sometimes because the player has changed his mind and the agent takes the bad PR. This is all very much par for the course.

In this case, general terms will be agreed, the clubs will be happy and the agent will be thrashing out minor details.

Press conferences, unveiling and timings also come into play to suit branding, press and sometimes to offset the loss of one with the unveiling of others.

Parma

Well that''s a coinsidence......RVW confirmed loan and O''Neil signed in the same afternoon.......now I''m thinking the budgets might be a tad tighter than we assume!

Who knows but at least its a big wage off the book with a good loan fee I hope.

Good luck to both players.

I wouldn''t say that money or the wages are causing an issue especially as every player has taken a pay cut and would surly fall into line with championship clubs pay structure.

I just think we are being overly cautious to be honest they don''t like they spent all that money last season and got nothing in return

I don''t think we need a cb or rb. Our back 4 was under relentless attack last year and every mistake the defence made was massively highlighted. I think Bassong will be massive in the champ.

Let''s not forget that Ruddy was poor last season also, it cost him a World Cup place!! And we''ve all got high hopes he can be as good as he was, Bassong was also excellent that year so hopefully he will also replicate that.

I reckon RVW was the biggest burden, also got a feeling Fers wages might be an issue.