Sign in to follow this  
NorwichRat

Has everybody set their sights low this season?

After the last pre season match i have little good to see in mu beloved NCFC. That last game we were poor, The midfield was non existant. Is this what we have to look forward too this year?

Hoolahan was crap Friday yet everybody is so happy hes back on track. I would not give him a new contract.

RVW going shows poor management. Say that it is up to RVW to stay or not is not good.

I have little hope this year and do not expect to finish above tenth.

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"]No need to get ratty.....[/quote]

usually found near binshmmm

Barry Backstabbio come forward.

Have a little positivity for goodness sake.

Or are you the eternal pessimist?

Every club in the Championship will be expecting to do well, and some will be disappointed. But that won''t be until Christmas at least so I don''t understand the poor expectations.

My sights were on automatic promotion. It''s the managerial appointment that has led me to the view that mid-table obscurity is, unfortunately, the likely outcome for this season.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]My sights were on automatic promotion. It''s the managerial appointment that has led me to the view that mid-table obscurity is, unfortunately, the likely outcome for this season.[/quote]Which manager with a proven track record of success in a seriously competitive league who was available and wanted the job would have kept your sights on automatic promotion?

shared by most of the squad it seems - who may know a bit more about him than youthey are leaving in droves and refusing to sign new contracts as wellIi can''t see us winning the title nowit will have to be runners up, I''m afraid

I think we will finish in the top 4.

The Championship is an extremely competitive league and I really hope we have a great start.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]My sights were on automatic promotion. It''s the managerial appointment that has led me to the view that mid-table obscurity is, unfortunately, the likely outcome for this season.[/quote]Which manager with a proven track record of success in a seriously competitive league who was available and wanted the job would have kept your sights on automatic promotion?[/quote]Not to mention the last one that did it for us, hardly had a track record of his own did he now? Oh, other than walking out on three other clubs.

I believe that Lennon was available. I acknowledge he is not experienced in the Championship but my view is that he has the credibility, tactical nouse given his achievements in Europe with what he had available, and agression needed to challenge the apparent ''little Norwich'' mentality of our board. He would have got the best out of our most important asset, Hooper. This is a make or break season for our club - we should have maximisef the possibility of promotion.

It was last season when many here set their sites low. "Oh, we''re only 3 points from 10th place", and "we''re a bottom 6 club forever destined for nothing more than relegation battles when in the Prem", and "I would seriously take it from Hughton if he wanted me" sickening mantras flooded the Pinkun threads.

With relegation achieved, they seem less vocal in their pessimism.

I''m optimistic that Adams will be gone by Christmas. I''m pessimistic that Delia and her drinking buddies will still be here for years to come.

Wouldn''t say sights are set low, except for the usual miserablists, but i think most are being realistic. It is a tough league to get out of with a fair amount of good teams. I am still a bit worried about our defence and until we know who else is leaving/coming it is pretty hard to predict where we will finish.As it stands i think we have enough to get top 6 minimum. Ask me again early September.

Are you serious optimistic he will be gone by xmas

so all you are wishing on the team is misery and hardship moron

some of you people need to cheer up a little bit

seems to me a lot of people have some serious anti club agendas on this forum

or in need of some prosac

Some just want Adams to fail so they can air their ''told you so'' t-shirts.

You see the same thing on other boards

ohh Norwich will fail don''t rate there manager

I never rated that Rodgers bloke when Swansea took him on but he proved a lot of people wrong

It''s a case of tough love, I want Norwich to be successful like they were before Delia took over. If that means not following the crowd, then so be it.

The topic isn''t what you''re hoping for, it''s what do you expect.

Last time we were relegated, we were sure fire bets to return to the top immediately. Those first 3 games were 9 points in the bag. Then the season started and the pessimists looked prescient. A couple years later we were relegated again. Nobody hoped for that.

Play offs as a min;   anything else and the management team have underperformed

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]My sights were on automatic promotion. It''s the managerial appointment that has led me to the view that mid-table obscurity is, unfortunately, the likely outcome for this season.[/quote]Which manager with a proven track record of success in a seriously competitive league who was available and wanted the job would have kept your sights on automatic promotion?[/quote]Not to mention the last one that did it for us, hardly had a track record of his own did he now? Oh, other than walking out on three other clubs.[/quote]Thats 3 clubs worth of experience that Adams has not got , we are banking on a complete novice with zero experience and he looked like a little lost bunny in his 5 games last season . Playing for draws in games where only wins would do wasnt great either .Lennon was what we needed and once again Delia and Hubby sold us out .

I think you''re being unfair Herman. I''m still of the view that it was the away support who understood that Hughton would fail months before it became a commonly held view. The only way to get out of this league at the fist attempt is to have a credible, experienced and ruthless manager. Let''s not forget if we fail this season we''re likely stuck in the Champs for years again. Lennon top two, Malky top six, Adams bottom half is what I believe would have/will happen. You may disagree. I think we have the players but not the manager.

I think we can confidently say that we won''t be playing many teams of the standard of Celta Veigo this season.....what if on the other hand OGC Nice are more akin to the standard to sides in the Championship ?!?!

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I think you''re being unfair Herman. I''m still of the view that it was the away support who understood that Hughton would fail months before it became a commonly held view. The only way to get out of this league at the fist attempt is to have a credible, experienced and ruthless manager. Let''s not forget if we fail this season we''re likely stuck in the Champs for years again. Lennon top two, Malky top six, Adams bottom half is what I believe would have/will happen. You may disagree. I think we have the players but not the manager.[/quote]

How is it unfair? You haven''t stopped grumbling since he was appointed. Maybe you should realise that you weren''t the only one that didn''t have him as first choice. I for one wasn''t very happy about it, but have come to think that it wasn''t a terrible idea and am ready and willing to support him and the team.