Sign in to follow this  
#

Surman

In todays Sun it says he''s off to Bournemouth in a £1 million transfer...........as I said it is the Sun!

I doubt it now as he has been heavily involved in the pre-season , and to me has been very good!!.

Can see why the sun have made this up though

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]I really hope not. He plays his role in the diamond brilliantly. Hope he stays.[/quote]

Totally agree Cantiaci.

Recycled news if you ask me.Seems strange that we would do this now, when it could have been done earlier in the summer whilst already doing business with Bournemouth and give ourselves more time to find a replacement. Unless of course this is more to do with a target becoming available? A bit like a house-chain.Who knows. I hope we don''t, I really rate Surman and would hope he is kept here to get us up at least. We missed is contribution last season, and in our first premier league season he was a solid performer.

Perhaps a starting midfielder we thought would be leaving has decided to stay, and Surs thinks his chances maybe limited this season?

Wishful thinking I know, but I wouldn''t want to see Surman leave either, he''s in form and I get the feeling he has a huge part to play for us this season.

I agree with chicken.

It would be very strange timing. Bournemouth could have made the move a condition of selling Grabban, but that chance has passed.

The fact that Surman has featured in the friendlies suggests to me that he is staying.

I may be proved wrong.

He has prem class (4 goals, 29 appearances) and seems to have recovered from his injury;     he has midfield class and hoped he would become an integral part of this seasons success.

Can only wait and see...

This is ridiculous, and just shows how ''Journos'' sit at their desks and make things up. Adams has said quite emphatically that Surman has a big role to play for us this season. Total codswallop!

Surman is a key player for us this season. IMO he has the best footballing brain of any of our players. Be madness to let him go.

Reading all the posts on this thread, Surman must have improved beyond all recognition in his time away. I remember him as a competent midfielder who used the ball well with his cultured left foot. This only applied if he was able to receive and release the ball in open space. Put him up for a 50/50 ball and it instantly becomes an 90/10 ball in favour of the other guy.

It certainly concerns me that we are coming down from the prem. with a squad that is looking to need big input from players who we have discarded previously.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]Reading all the posts on this thread, Surman must have improved beyond all recognition in his time away. I remember him as a competent midfielder who used the ball well with his cultured left foot. This only applied if he was able to receive and release the ball in open space. Put him up for a 50/50 ball and it instantly becomes an 90/10 ball in favour of the other guy.

It certainly concerns me that we are coming down from the prem. with a squad that is looking to need big input from players who we have discarded previously.[/quote]Must have seen different games to me then.Last thing I would call Surman is a shirker. Covered more ground than any other player in our squad in the initial premier league season. He uses the ball well and has an eye for a good pass. Something everyone was saying we missed last season.

Once or twice, in congratulating scorers, etc, he has seemed very relaxed and enjoying his football, so this bolt from out of the blue doesn''t fit in.

When you add the possibility that Fer will be off, and also Tettey, the only explanations I can offer would be either that NA had a word and told the player that he is down the pecking order, or reinforced this by the near signing of someone in the Fer mould. Or has there been some falling out, perhaps over a new contract? I am assuming that O''Neil is a different sort of player and not really competing with Surman.

It doesn''t make sense. Why would we want to get rid of a virtually new player, for £1m, and then have to pay up to £5m for a replacement?

Surman is a good Championship player, not quite Premier League but in case anyone hasn''t noticed we are in the Championship. We''ve got to compete in this league before we can think about Premier & there are a lot of Premier League players I would not back to compete in a lower league.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]  there are a lot of Premier League players I would not back to compete in a lower league.[/quote]

Such as?

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]Reading all the posts on this thread, Surman must have improved beyond all recognition in his time away. I remember him as a competent midfielder who used the ball well with his cultured left foot. This only applied if he was able to receive and release the ball in open space. Put him up for a 50/50 ball and it instantly becomes an 90/10 ball in favour of the other guy.

It certainly concerns me that we are coming down from the prem. with a squad that is looking to need big input from players who we have discarded previously.[/quote]Surman played in almost half of the games in our last promotion from the Championship (missing two-and-a-half months of it through injury) and over half of those in our first successful season back in the Premier League. He was ''discarded'' (as you put it) by the manager who took us down.

If we are going to play the diamond then Surman is key- if we want to play a more standard midfield 4 then I don''t see where he really fits in.

hes had a good pre-season, make no sense to sell him now.

Very useful and versatile player to have around would really like him to stay and it seems he''s in Adams plans.  If its true maybe its the player wanting out?